Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tigers possibly pushing to trade Upton

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    28 per is too risky. if the Cubs ate 16 million so his next 2 years are 20 per, then that might be a risk I would be willing to take.
    Still WAY too much money.

He's a black hole on offense. Frenchy from the left side with a little better defense.

The Cubs would need to send a prospect or two to boot IF they paid his contract down to around $10 million per if they couldn't guarantee he'd opt out. He's already dead weight and wouldn't start for the Braves next season.

Yes, I really did say that.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

He's a black hole on offense. Frenchy from the left side with a little better defense.

The Cubs would need to send a prospect or two to boot IF they paid his contract down to around $10 million per if they couldn't guarantee he'd opt out. He's already dead weight and wouldn't start for the Braves next season.

A little better defense? Jeff was only fast for a couple of years and never took good routes. Jason may have fallen a long way as a player, but he could put his shoes on the wrong feet and his glove on the wrong hand, and still play better defense than Jeff ever did.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (10-26-2016), JohnAdcox (10-27-2016), jpx7 (10-26-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

Saying it's too much money is fine. Saying all the other stuff you said is a little crazy. I mean, it COULD end up being true. But it is more likely that it will definitely not be true.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (10-26-2016)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Saying it's too much money is fine. Saying all the other stuff you said is a little crazy. I mean, it COULD end up being true. But it is more likely that it will definitely not be true.
    Definitely on the extreme end, no doubt, but I sure wouldn't want to be paying him even $15 million per to find out whether I'm wrong. You KNOW he's not dumb, so he's definitely not going to exercise either one of those opt-outs.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?