Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Details on Jose Fernandez death

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    In situations like this, I'm sympathetic to a point, but if he had survived himself, we would look at it much differently. If he wasn't an addict, it almost makes it worse. At least addicts have little control over the situation. Knowingly putting the lives of others in danger in something like this is tough to sympathize with.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    In situations like this, I'm sympathetic to a point, but if he had survived himself, we would look at it much differently. If he wasn't an addict, it almost makes it worse. At least addicts have little control over the situation. Knowingly putting the lives of others in danger in something like this is tough to sympathize with.
    Yep... people are being sympathetic because he was a star that we all liked.

If it were a complete stranger, everyone would agree he was acting selfishly and cost the lives of 4 people... like any other drunk driver

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yep... people are being sympathetic because he was a star that we all liked.

If it were a complete stranger
    , everyone would agree he was acting selfishly and cost the lives of 4 people... like any other drunk driver
    I can't speak for you, but I'm sympathetic even when complete strangers die, especially when their lives are abrogated tragically early, and even if they bear some culpability in that death.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I can't speak for you, but I'm sympathetic even when complete strangers die, especially when their lives are abrogated tragically early, and even if they bear some culpability in that death.
    I don't want to see anyone die. But if their irresponsible behavior results in someone else's death, I go from sympathetic to angry.

If a drunk driver kills my girlfriend, I'm sorry - I'm not going to be very sympathetic. Maybe you're a stronger person than me, though

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    It's disappointing he will be remembered for this. Under the influence of some stimulant or not, being out and about at that hour, in that situation screams that he didn't truly care about himself or others. I'm sure he did in his own way, but look how many people were affected by selfish judgement.

Pisses me off. He turned out to be one of the more likeable stars and left too soon.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Sad he died.

But he endangered and others they perished. So while I'm sympathetic to him dying I also feel worse for the others since he put their lives in jeopardy because of his irresponsibility. In fairness they all were probably intoxicated but since it was JF's boat he probably took charge.
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (03-17-2017), Garmel (03-16-2017)