Something I have done three times since I became a board moderator. In the two previous times, I reversed the ignore after about a year.

Life's too short to have debates, discussions and ever arguments dissolve into name-calling. I realize that some of you are kids, 18-under, passing yourselves off as adults. Some of you are arrested development trolls also passing yourself off as adults. I don't care what the hell you are in your life, so long as you conduct yourself with civility on this forum.

goldfly earned my contempt by stooping to f-bombs to disagree with my tough but radical opinion on the way Jose Fernandez died. Which was, to recap, legally drunk, on cocaine, in a speedboat on the ocean and 3 p.m. two days before he was scheduled to make a start for the Marlins. He has an unborn child and a baby mama with whom he apparently had trouble dealing with. So he and two friends hit an unlit jetty at approximately 60 miles an hour. That jetty, by the way, has been in the same place for decades. Even if he weren't piloting the boat (we may never know for sure), those two loyal friends were out there to be with him, not the other way around.

So was he indirectly responsible for all three deaths? Yeah, you can make that case.

Was he thinking about his team or teammates? Pretty sure no is that answer. One or two of them refused his request to join him on his final voyage.

Should we feel sorry for him? Because he is dead, sure. But what else in his life was so horrible that it wasn't worth living for, or at least caring about? No way to know that, but it's nothing that visible on the surface. His career was in super shape, he would easily make hundreds of millions of dollars in the not-too-distant future.

I have seen people die before their time before. Some of them died corageously, in battle or fighting the ravages of diseases that don't play fair with the human body. Some of them died because of the mistakes of others; I had a passing acquaintance with one of the people who were killed on the interstate because the coked-up trucker hadn't slept in two days.

Some of them died needlessly, by overdose or falling asleep at the wheel. And some of them died stupidly. Jose Fernandez' dead falls under that category, without a doubt in my mind.

For that opinion, goldfly say **** me and my opinions should **** off, too. Aside from his eloquence, his anger is somehow directed towards me for reasons that only he could explain if he were worth the time to listen to.

I stand by my statements.