Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Off-Season Thread

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Personally, I'd do that deal. I like Albies a lot, but I think he is, in some degree, expendable. I truly believe Folty will be an anchor moving forward.

But man: Sale, Teheran, Colon, Folty, Dickey is just a darn solid rotation.

If we added, say, Ramos as our catcher and traded for Frazier, our lineup would be stout.

Inciarte CF
    Swanson SS
    Freeman 1B
    Kemp LF
    Ramos C
    Frazier 3B
    Markakis RF
    Peterson 2B
    Stout is right. On Ramos, I've seen a few reports that say his rehab is coming along well and he could be good to go by perhaps May. We could live with Recker until then. I think Ramos would be a superior option to Castro, if you could get him at a discount.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    I love Ramos' bat... he's just never been able to stay healthy. So, while I'm not opposed to that idea, it still makes me nervous. I'd almost rather do the Castro/Flowers platoon until a more attractive option comes along. I also think that if we get Frazier or Turner... Adonis will have some trade value. Obviously, he won't bring anything significant, but he's dirt cheap and stocked teams will pay for a league average third baseman if its a need. He would basically be found value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I love Ramos' bat... he's just never been able to stay healthy. So, while I'm not opposed to that idea, it still makes me nervous. I'd almost rather do the Castro/Flowers platoon until a more attractive option comes along. I also think that if we get Frazier or Turner... Adonis will have some trade value. Obviously, he won't bring anything significant, but he's dirt cheap and stocked teams will pay for a league average third baseman if its a need. He would basically be found value.
    I still prefer Turner over most guys. I would prefer us go after him than Sale. But, I'd imagine that part of our pitch for us to sign him would be that we are going to contend this year or next... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    I still prefer Turner over most guys. I would prefer us go after him than Sale. But, I'd imagine that part of our pitch for us to sign him would be that we are going to contend this year or next... lol
    I would too even though he has some obvious reverse splits in the numbers for his career. Frazier is just not that great outside of the power numbers and modest speed. But that skill set would play well in the lineup we have. However, I'm not big on upgrading third unless we also get an ace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    I would too even though he has some obvious reverse splits in the numbers for his career. Frazier is just not that great outside of the power numbers and modest speed. But that skill set would play well in the lineup we have. However, I'm not big on upgrading third unless we also get an ace.
    Yeah, I can agree with you there. I'm kind of just waiting to see if it will be an all-in effort or if we are just testing the waters. Obviously Sale would be us jumping in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    I'm thinking more and more we can go "all in" a bit with Sale and a third baseman without gutting the farm though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Chris Sale is the Braves' "focus" as they look to acquire a starter.
    O'Brien confirms reports that the Braves have inquired on Chris Archer and Sonny Gray, but it appears they're devoting most of their attention to Sale. The Braves almost surely aren't ready to compete for a playoff spot in 2017, but getting Sale would obviously help them be competitive in the first year in their new ballpark. The lefty has a very team-friendly contract that runs through 2019. Atlanta has the necessary pieces to get something done with the White Sox.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    What is the free agent market for pitchers looking like next off season? Is it more realistic that we hold onto our prospects and just sign a starter next off season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Is it bad to want to see us gut the farm for Sale just to see Ensheff eat some **** sandwiches?
    Ivermectin Man

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (11-18-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    What is the free agent market for pitchers looking like next off season? Is it more realistic that we hold onto our prospects and just sign a starter next off season?
    I don't know about the free agent market next year, but it seems to be a better way to upgrade the rotation is to go for guys on contracts without much surplus value. That way you don't have to give up much in the way of prospects. They guys I have in mind are Greinke, Zimmerman and Kennedy.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    I actually just looked at this recently. The best guys are Yu Darvish, Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn, Alex Cobb, Danny Duffy, Tyson Ross and Chris Tillman. Much better than the current crop of free agent starters.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I actually just looked at this recently. The best guys are Yu Darvish, Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn, Alex Cobb, Danny Duffy, Tyson Ross and Chris Tillman. Much better than the current crop of free agent starters.
    And I think the Cubs will allow Arrieta to be available. Probably Darvish as well.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Is it bad to want to see us gut the farm for Sale just to see Ensheff eat some **** sandwiches?
    Yes it is bad. He can be a douche all he wants but if the price is four top 100 guys then I am on his side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    I would offer Inciarte, Wisler, Newcomb, and Fried

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Oh my god. You have the worst arguments. Seriously.
    Then why not ignore me?

Grant Holmes was the equivalent of Allard (Holmes was #68, Allard is #60)
    Frankie Montas was the equivalent of Ian Anderson (Montas was their #5, Anderson is our #5)
    Jharel Cotton was the equivalent of Joey Wentz (Cotton was their #8, Wentz is our #8)

For that, the Dodgers got...

Hill (6 starts) - 3-2, 34.1 IP
    Reddick - 167 PAs, .258/.307/.335/.643, 2 HRs, 9 RBIs, 76 OPS+
    Last edited by clvclv; 11-18-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I would offer Inciarte, Wisler, Newcomb, and Fried
    I'd hesitate on ofGering both newcomb and fried. Lets throw a right handed pitching prospect in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'd hesitate on ofGering both newcomb and fried. Lets throw a right handed pitching prospect in there.
    That's fair... I just think don't want to give up Touki no matter what... I think he's our highest potential pitcher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That's fair... I just think don't want to give up Touki no matter what... I think he's our highest potential pitcher.
    For me it's Allard but it's splitting hairs at that point.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Fried is mine. Dude is legit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Fried is mine. Dude is legit.
    I like Fried a ton, I'm just worried he could have some more health issues down the road, and he was old for his level last year so he may have appeared more dominant than he was. I also worry about Allard's health in the long run.