Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Election Predictions

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts

Election Predictions

Here is how I see things going down tomorrow night:

Unfortunately, I see Clinton winning. Probably with 270-290 electoral votes. I don't see a blowout, but Hillary gets it done.

Trump will get some of the battleground states. I see him getting Florida, Nevada, and North Carolina is a good possibility. However, he has to turn a couple of blue states red tomorrow. Likely Pennsylvania or Michigan. If he can't win at least one of those, he has no chance.

Gary Johnson won't win any states, but he will be a factor in likely taking a few more votes from Trump than Clinton.

Jill Stein and Evan McMullin will have zero effect on the race.

This prediction is for four years down the road, but whichever of these nimrods win, they will be a one term president. These are the least two popular candidates to be nominated and I believe by 2020, Americans will be sick and tired on them.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Here is how I see things going down tomorrow night:

Unfortunately, I see Clinton winning. Probably with 270-290 electoral votes. I don't see a blowout, but Hillary gets it done.

Trump will get some of the battleground states. I see him getting Florida, Nevada, and North Carolina is a good possibility. However, he has to turn a couple of blue states red tomorrow. Likely Pennsylvania or Michigan. If he can't win at least one of those, he has no chance.

Gary Johnson won't win any states, but he will be a factor in likely taking a few more votes from Trump than Clinton.

Jill Stein and Evan McMullin will have zero effect on the race.

This prediction is for four years down the road, but whichever of these nimrods win, they will be a one term president. These are the least two popular candidates to be nominated and I believe by 2020, Americans will be sick and tired on them.
    I'm about where you're at. I think Hillary could break 300, but her ceiling is lower than Obama's. US House stays Republican. I think the US Senate is totally up for grabs. Agree that either presidential winner is likely a one-termer.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    HRC wins with 290-300 EV

Dems take narrow Senate control

Reps hold the House

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    I was going through some scenarios on 270towin.com. You can make your own maps on that site.

I came up with one way Trump can win the election without taking either Michigan or Pennsylvania. It requires him to win all the battleground states. If he takes Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, Arizona, New Hampshire, and Utah. IF that happens, it will come down to Nevada. Whoever wins Nevada would win the presidency 272-266. The problem there is two fold for Trump. One, the chances of him taking all those battleground states his not very likely. The second there is the Hispanic population in Nevada. That group will very likely go to Clinton. Trump really needs to find a way to take Michigan or Pennsylvania.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    And I truly believe given the HRC wins over the American people during her first term and much like her 2nd run for Senate she will win easily. Turning GA and TX blue in the process and finally killing the religious right in the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    And I truly believe given the HRC wins over the American people during her first term and much like her 2nd run for Senate she will win easily. Turning GA and TX blue in the process and finally killing the religious right in the process.
    I may be wrong, but I disagree. Hillary is so unpopular with many people in this country. The biggest reason the odds are in favor of her winning tomorrow night are because she is up against Donald Trump. If say, Marco Rubio, was the Republican nominee, the narrative is completely different, IMO. Rubio would likely be the odds on favorite, but thanks to many on the far right, he's not the nominee. It's quite possible we have the least two liked people running for president and the American people would not be able to wait to kick one of them out fast enough in four years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-07-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Was Real Clear Politics reading my posts on this thread?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo..._toss_ups.html

The thing on that map is New Hampshire goes to Clinton. Could that little state really be the difference?????

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    My prediction is a nationwide case of nausea no matter which of these two "winners" wins tomorrow. :)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-07-2016), CrimsonCowboy (11-08-2016), Garmel (11-07-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    My prediction is a nationwide case of nausea no matter which of these two "winners" wins tomorrow. :)
    Most likely prediction to be accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Was Real Clear Politics reading my posts on this thread?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo..._toss_ups.html

The thing on that map is New Hampshire goes to Clinton. Could that little state really be the difference?????
    And the only reason he's losing NH is because of one poll which has Hillary winning yuge. All the rest of them are close.

Now, with that in mind, I would think that Hillary's ground game is good for a point or two. I think Hillary will wind up winning by 2-3 points and she'll win all of the states that are 50/50. So I think she'll get Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    And the only reason he's losing NH is because of one poll which has Hillary winning yuge. All the rest of them are close.

Now, with that in mind, I would think that Hillary's ground game is good for a point or two. I think Hillary will wind up winning by 2-3 points and she'll win all of the states that are 50/50. So I think she'll get Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada.
    And if that happens, hello landslide

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post

It will be curious to see how the Hillary's ground game v. Trump's previously disaffected voter battle plays out. At the risk of oversimplification, that's where I think we're at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I think Hillary wins the electoral college and Donald wins the popular vote. I am thinking Hillary wins a battleground state like Florida or North Carolina which puts the race to bed early. Wont be surprised in the least bit if its a blowout. I expect widespread rioting no matter who wins. Hillary gives a condescending speech about wanting to be the President for all Americans, then she rips off her mask to reveal she really is a lizard person.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think Hillary wins the electoral college and Donald wins the popular vote. I am thinking Hillary wins a battleground state like Florida or North Carolina which puts the race to bed early. Wont be surprised in the least bit if its a blowout. I expect widespread rioting no matter who wins. Hillary gives a condescending speech about wanting to be the President for all Americans, then she rips off her mask to reveal she really is a lizard person.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Brain has taken over the bodies of both candidates and on Wednesday morning, this is what we will see:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (11-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    That may be the least surprising thing this whole election year

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Lizard People are people, too.

I am going to say 318-218 in the EC. My big reach is Florida for Hillary, which makes it a blowout instead of a comfortable win. My rationale for that being that even though Trump is (narrowly) leading in the polls there, a bunch of lower-propensity voters from the Latino community are going to swing it for her. I'm giving her the edge in most of the close swing states because she has a monster ground game—I saw it firsthand in NC this weekend—and he has none to speak of.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    I guess I'll be the sacrificial lamb and take Trump.

Trump wins all of Romney's states, plus Florida (strong support among Cuban voters), Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, the proportional vote in Maine and a stunner in Michigan to get to 280-258. I think he has to pull off at least one surprise.

My second scenario is 269-269 tie, because why not?

If Clinton wins, I think she wins big as mostly all of the battlegrounds will break her way.

Either way, it's going to be an awful day for this country. I'm ready to be done with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    My second scenario is 269-269 tie, because why not?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Trump.

And I really think it boils down to first time voters, undecideds, indies.

I despise making state-by-state predictions, but I think Trump takes Florida and North Carolina handily ... flips Michigan. New Hampshire is a real possibility.

Colorado/New Mexico/Nevada intrigue me in general, I think he'll take one - I wouldn't be shocked if it were Colorado. Pennsylvania will be close.

A tie would be literally the worst possible outcome of this election in my view. Even though Trump would likely win in the House, I can't imagine a more castrated mandate to lead.
    Last edited by Hawk; 11-08-2016 at 03:37 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (11-09-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 5h
    5 hours ago

Tonight Donald Trump is going home to New York with no more rallies to attend where people are cheering him on. Sad!
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.