Page 101 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Don't both have the same goal?
    Your doggedness is impressive. No mas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (02-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Fake News? Article claims several sources insist that DT called National Security advisor Mike Flynn at 3 am to ask him if a strong or weak US dollar was better. Flynn is said to have advised him to ask an economist.

"
    Leaks Suggest Trump’s Own Team Is Alarmed By His Conduct

White House leaks are common, but leakers suggesting the president might be unfit for office are not. "

Unsurprisingly, Trump’s volatile behavior has created an environment ripe for leaks from his executive agencies and even within his White House. And while leaks typically involve staffers sabotaging each other to improve their own standing or trying to scuttle policy ideas they find genuinely problematic, Trump’s 2-week-old administration has a third category: leaks from White House and agency officials alarmed by the president’s conduct.

“I’ve been in this town for 26 years. I have never seen anything like this,” said Eliot Cohen, a senior State Department official under President George W. Bush and a member of his National Security Council. “I genuinely do not think this is a mentally healthy president.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Spicer seems like a sacrificial lamb to me, in line with a pattern we've seen from Trump.
    Go full bore crazy, people are outraged, back off a little bit, people are a bit mollified.
    Hire a disaster of a press secretary, let him be mocked, can him, hire a still confrontational but mildly respectable replacement, bask in the glory of the replacement's acceptance.

I voted for this man and am still optimistic about his presidency. But he is tarnishing the credibility of the office in a way that I find reprehensible.
    Spicer is in a darn near impossible position, much like Ron Ziegler was for Nixon. My guess is Spicer will be one of the first to go (either by being fired or by his own volition) and will proceed to write a book about being inside the Trump Administration that will sell so many copies he will be able to buy his own island. Spicer's pugnacious, but I gained some respect for him from his good-natured response to the SNL skit. He's defending his boss and staying on message. That's what he is supposed to do and as much as I abhor Trump, I cut most of his staff (save Conway and Bannon) some slack. But I'm sure that if this was his dream job when he took it, it probably isn't anymore.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-08-2017), jpx7 (02-08-2017), Metaphysicist (02-09-2017), The Chosen One (02-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    This is his hire to be the face of his administration.

Brings us back to questioning his "temperament"

We have given a man the nuclear codes that conceivably loses it over a woman playing his Press Secretary.
    Though not verified -- it is conceivable
    Frighteningly conceivable
    Is Rosie going to play Bannon?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-09-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Is Rosie going to play Bannon?

I'm not entirely sure the SNL writers wouldn't be sent to labor camps if this happened.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    There is the matter of Trump’s briefing materials, for example. The commander in chief doesn’t like to read long memos, a White House aide who asked to remain unnamed told The Huffington Post. So preferably they must be no more than a single page. They must have bullet points but not more than nine per page.
    Last edited by Julio3000; 02-08-2017 at 02:33 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-09-2017), goldfly (02-08-2017), Hawk (02-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Matthew Yglesias ‏@mattyglesias 17m17 minutes ago

If liberal elites would get out of their coastal bubble they would know rural white working class voters are obsessed with Nordstrom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rukmini Callimachi ‏@rcallimachi 2h2 hours ago

10. ISIS, according to this resident of Western Mosul, thinks their terror tactic worked. They frightened the most powerful man in the world

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas, while our people are far more vulnerable, as we wait for what should be EASY D!

---

Gimme dat easy D ... ooohhhh ... easy D.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-08-2017), Julio3000 (02-08-2017), mqt (02-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas, while our people are far more vulnerable, as we wait for what should be EASY D!

---

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-08-2017), Hawk (02-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

---

Trigger warning.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (02-08-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So one of the main points of the first lady's lawsuit is that she won't now be able to exploit the office for a once in a lifetime fortune?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 1h1 hour ago

I'm sure alll those Trump voters who thought HRC was an out of touch elitist are really rooting for Trump on this Nordstrom thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Have we reached the point when everyone, DT voters in particular, can stop believing and claiming that Agent Orange will :

1. surround himself with good people?

2. separate himself from his personal business interests?

3. drain the swamp?

4. make good business decisions for America's middle class?

5. prove that he is indeed a Christian, practicing or otherwise?

6. not embarrass the country on a daily basis and be a complete and utter disaster? (Okay, I've heard no one say this. I just assumed it was implied.)

When the new SP Justice nominee speaks on the subject, perhaps anti-T sentiment is approaching a critical mass.
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-09-2017 at 05:21 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (02-09-2017), goldfly (02-09-2017), The Chosen One (02-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 1h1 hour ago

I'm sure alll those Trump voters who thought HRC was an out of touch elitist are really rooting for Trump on this Nordstrom thing

I was more concerned with who and what she was in touch with. She would be in the Oval Office right now if she supported legalization. She chose to take bribe money instead. 60% of the country supports legalization.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    for how much you hate cops and hillary for her weed and drug law stance, i would think you would actually be more worried about the abuse of power the actual guy in power was doing instead of always pivoting back to hillary but so be it

‘Just go for it,’ President Trump tells Monroe County sheriff at White House

“It’s refreshing, and we are thoroughly enjoying it,” Bittick said as the president sat with his hands clasped together on the table. “We are currently working with Senator (Chuck) Grassley on criminal justice reform issues, and the administration has been supporting us.”

Trump nodded as Bittick continued and stressed the importance of using seized assets. Earlier in the discussion, Sheriff John Aubrey of Jefferson County, Kentucky, raised concerns about the political push-back the Justice Department has gotten in recent years about seizing assets of drug dealers and other major criminals.

Critics of the practice argue there should be a criminal conviction before assets are seized as proceeds of a crime.

“OK, go for it, just go for it,” Trump told Bittick before conferring with acting U.S. Attorney General Dana Boente. “Dana will tell me if I can’t do it ...”

“Yes, sir, I think they got that message,” Bittick said, referencing an earlier part of the discussion.

“OK. Go for it. That’s great,” Trump said.

“We appreciate it, and we appreciate your ear, and we appreciate you taking the time to sit down and at least talk to us,” Bittick said.

“I appreciate it too. Thank you, John,” the president said.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/arti...#storylink=cpy
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    My Agent Orange is catching on. On my Scout board I admin it has taking hold as well. Now hoping to see the Heatmizer reference because his ego is that of Heatmizer and he looks like him.

The only thing Trump will accomplish for me, not holding my breath on Black relations, we will go now 55 years and counting when a president actually give a damn about us, is getting slight right moderate or right SCJ in place, maybe two or hoping three, so we can actually get fair representation on the Constitutional practice without giving in to overt Liberalism.

Anything else he is who I thought he was, immature, bombastic, napalm ridden scumbag.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-09-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    My Agent Orange is catching on. On my Scout board I admin it has taking hold as well. Now hoping to see the Heatmizer reference because his ego is that of Heatmizer and he looks like him.

The only thing Trump will accomplish for me, not holding my breath on Black relations, we will go now 55 years and counting when a president actually give a damn about us, is getting slight right moderate or right SCJ in place, maybe two or hoping three, so we can actually get fair representation on the Constitutional practice without giving in to overt Liberalism.

Anything else he is who I thought he was, immature, bombastic, napalm ridden scumbag.

Dude, you need to hurry up and copyright that thing "Agent Orange" if you haven't already. It's gonna be YUGE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    for how much you hate cops and hillary for her weed and drug law stance, i would think you would actually be more worried about the abuse of power the actual guy in power was doing instead of always pivoting back to hillary but so be it

‘Just go for it,’ President Trump tells Monroe County sheriff at White House

“It’s refreshing, and we are thoroughly enjoying it,” Bittick said as the president sat with his hands clasped together on the table. “We are currently working with Senator (Chuck) Grassley on criminal justice reform issues, and the administration has been supporting us.”

Trump nodded as Bittick continued and stressed the importance of using seized assets. Earlier in the discussion, Sheriff John Aubrey of Jefferson County, Kentucky, raised concerns about the political push-back the Justice Department has gotten in recent years about seizing assets of drug dealers and other major criminals.

Critics of the practice argue there should be a criminal conviction before assets are seized as proceeds of a crime.

“OK, go for it, just go for it,” Trump told Bittick before conferring with acting U.S. Attorney General Dana Boente. “Dana will tell me if I can’t do it ...”

“Yes, sir, I think they got that message,” Bittick said, referencing an earlier part of the discussion.

“OK. Go for it. That’s great,” Trump said.

“We appreciate it, and we appreciate your ear, and we appreciate you taking the time to sit down and at least talk to us,” Bittick said.

“I appreciate it too. Thank you, John,” the president said.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/arti...#storylink=cpy

I actually had a post about Trumps recent statements on the war on drugs and asset forfeiture but it got lost because of wifi connwction crapping out and I didnt feel like typing it again. Keep in mind I didnt vote for him. I probably would not have believed Hillary even if she supported legalization because if I voted for her I would gone off the deep end when she reneged on that promise.

As for Trump I knew what were getting. If the rest of America makes me put up with their authoritarian douchebags then I see Trump as revenge against them. The way they Trump is how I see all the presidents in my lifetime. The anti-Trump people are just mad that their asshole isnt in the white house ****ing over people so I have no sympathy for them. My hope is that Trump will be so bad and so authoritarian that people will embrace freedom and liberty in future elections.

As far as I am concerned everyone involved in prohibition from the policy makers to the enforcers are traitors to the country, war criminals, and should be hung for crimes against peace. The same as the Nazis. I would hang all the policy makers responsible and I would put the cops who enforced it into hard labor prisons. In fact I would export them to Russia for use as slave labor like North Korea does. We are talking millions dead from black market violence caused by prohibition and tens of millions who had their basic freedoms stolen from them and even when not in prison they become second class citizens with less economic and education oppurtunities.

I have been sitting on one story about how the roadside drug test cops use frequently give a false positive reading because it made me so angry I was literally shaking. It includes a heartbreaking story about a woman traveling through Houston who got pulled over for a routine traffic violation and the cops used a roadside drug test that tested positive for crack. They threatened her with years of prison time if she dared to go to trial. Scaresld out of her mind and sitting in a cage she took a plea to serve 23 days. She just wanted to go home. But the punishment doesnt end there. Now she is a convicted felon. She lost her good job and home. She had to resort to taking minimum wage jobs because no one hires felons. You see, Houstons crime lab doesnt test substances when the person pleads guilty. That would just cost to much money. Years later an attorney uncovered scams like this and started looking for more victims. The "evidence" was close to being destroyed but they got it tested. Turns out that 0.0012 grams of crack was just food crumbs. Whoops. Even after this it takes years to get it off her record. What now. Her life has already been ruined. She cant get back the years of her life. The mental trauma cant be undone. All of this from a traffic stop for no using a turn signal. Tell her cops are the good guys. You think anyone gets arrested for victimizing her? She is just one example of over 300 cases found in Texas alone. Most pleaded guilty within a week because they were intimidated by the threat of a long prison sentence. I swear to the flying spaghetti monster I will come for this bastards. I will enforce the law on them with the same ruthlessness they do to everyone else. I will put them in the same cage they wanted to put me in. I hope they take the easy way out and blow their own brains out when they are exposed.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (02-09-2017), Runnin (02-10-2017)