Page 1145 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 14564510451095113511431144114511461147115511951245 ... LastLast
Results 22,881 to 22,900 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    What I also don’t get about the Crenshaw take is that if Trump’s in the clear because he’s not recorded specifically offering Ukraine’s President a quid-pro-quo, why is it that Biden’s in such hot water for his son taking a sketchy job? Jeez, wait’ll he hears about the Trump family.
    While in elected office?

All we heard was "quid pro quo" for years and that once thats found its over.

Still has yet to be found.

This was clearly an overstep that has backfired which many saw from miles away.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    That was one of the most notable things about it to me. He flatters him, agrees with everything, mentions staying at his hotel. Wild.
    It's the book when it comes to dealing with the Chosen One.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    While in elected office?

All we heard was "quid pro quo" for years and that once thats found its over.

Still has yet to be found.

This was clearly an overstep that has backfired which many saw from miles away.
    Um, Trump’s daughter and son-in-law WORK IN THE WHITE HOUSE and still control large financial interests worldwide. There’s just no way you can credibly play up Hunter Biden’s playing on his name to get a soft gig as some kind of needle-moving scandal while simultaneously thinking that the Trump family’s situation is a-ok. Hell, Trump himself isn’t even arm’s-length from his company in any meaningful way. You really can’t have it both ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    You really can’t have it both ways.
    this is thethe chosen one we are talking about

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I’d love to know what the Republican elected officials who are dutifully adhering to the talking points are really thinking. I mean, none of them genuinely believe there’s no corruption, no quid pro quo here, right? Everybody involved knew what the stakes were for Ukraine and exactly what Giuliani was doing there. There’s no ambiguity to it at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Trump discoursing at length about Hillary's 30,000 missing emails and speculating they could be in Ukraine.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I’d love to know what the Republican elected officials who are dutifully adhering to the talking points are really thinking. I mean, none of them genuinely believe there’s no corruption, no quid pro quo here, right? Everybody involved knew what the stakes were for Ukraine and exactly what Giuliani was doing there. There’s no ambiguity to it at all.
    It's going to take a handful with the courage to say this is not acceptable. Otherwise, the plan seems to be to act as if nothing happened, that it's a nothing burger to coin a phrase. I don't know what else they can do. There is no defense for the Chosen One's actions.

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    The Trump presidency is officially over. He has skirted the law with graft and such going on 50 years. I feel like he might have finally stepped in it. The House will get there. In the Senate Toomey, Murkowski, Collins, and Romney are all in play. If a couple more jump look out. The beauty of it is he got himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Toomey’s statement was pretty funny. Paraphrasing: “well, yeah, this is bad, but not, like, IMPEACHMENT bad”

Don’t really expect any of them to be votes to convict, but it’s at least refreshing to see someone who’s not denying the obvious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Um, Trump’s daughter and son-in-law WORK IN THE WHITE HOUSE and still control large financial interests worldwide. There’s just no way you can credibly play up Hunter Biden’s playing on his name to get a soft gig as some kind of needle-moving scandal while simultaneously thinking that the Trump family’s situation is a-ok. Hell, Trump himself isn’t even arm’s-length from his company in any meaningful way. You really can’t have it both ways.
    Can you point to a specific transaction that they would not have been involved in prior to the Trump presidency?

My understanding is Hinter had little to no experience and then got a job at an exorbitant salary.

So if you are going to make this claim that the trump kids are engaged in the same shenanigans then it would have to be of a business interest that was outside the norm of the legacy business .
    Last edited by thethe; 09-25-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    this is thethe chosen one we are talking about
    You have proven to be quite objective yourself about the donald.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Can someone also explain how the democrats asking Ukraine to investigate is any different? Especially since its established no quid pro quo was present.
    Last edited by thethe; 09-25-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    meh. I just don't see it. The call doesn't give off the vibe of do this Biden investigation for me or you aren't getting the aide money. I just think it needs to be more obvious and it's just not there. Maybe the impeachment inquiry will lead to more info, but there needs to be more than this for impeachment.

By the way, easy to tell which reporters are essentially just DNC plants. Those repeatedly using the "do me a favor line" without context or intentionally misleading context.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    You have proven to be quite objective yourself about the donald.
    I'm not objective...I think he is a morceau de merde

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Can you point to a specific transaction that they would not have been involved in prior to the Trump presidency?

My understanding is Hinter had little to no experience and then got a job at an exorbitant salary.

So if you are going to make this claim that the trump kids are engaged in the same shenanigans then it would have to be of a business interest that was outside the norm of the legacy business .
    Well, it’s difficult, as their finances are almost entirely opaque. But I would first point you towards the Kushner Company getting bailed out on 666 5th Avenue. You think that happens if Trump isn’t in the WH? You think Ivanka is granted all of those Chinese parents if Dad isn’t President?

So, er, yeah, Hunter Biden got a job he wasn’t qualified for. And that certainly amounts to, as the saying goes, the appearance of impropriety. So how is that different than JK and Ivanka getting West Wing jobs, which they’re clearly unqualified for, while continuing to oversee worldwide multimillion-dollar interests?

Why is the standard different?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    meh. I just don't see it. The call doesn't give off the vibe of do this Biden investigation for me or you aren't getting the aide money. I just think it needs to be more obvious and it's just not there. Maybe the impeachment inquiry will lead to more info, but there needs to be more than this for impeachment.

By the way, easy to tell which reporters are essentially just DNC plants. Those repeatedly using the "do me a favor line" without context or intentionally misleading context.
    It's legit amazing how dishonest journalists have gotten. I just dont understand why they dont strive to simply report the truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Well, it’s difficult, as their finances are almost entirely opaque. But I would first point you towards the Kushner Company getting bailed out on 666 5th Avenue. You think that happens if Trump isn’t in the WH? You think Ivanka is granted all of those Chinese parents if Dad isn’t President?

So, er, yeah, Hunter Biden got a job he wasn’t qualified for. And that certainly amounts to, as the saying goes, the appearance of impropriety. So how is that different than JK and Ivanka getting West Wing jobs, which they’re clearly unqualified for, while continuing to oversee worldwide multimillion-dollar interests?

Why is the standard different?
    They got a job in public service at the will of the elected president. How is that comparable to getting a private sector job?

Why do you think the two instances don't happen with Kushner and Ivanka. Are you saying those types of transactions don't take place in normal business operations?

I don't think a different standard should ever apply. I'm just waiting for a clear description of how these situations are close to similar. The Trump family continued their regular business dealings and the President appointed staff members which is not unlike other presidents prior.

Its just not comparable to Hunter getting a cushy job he wasn't qualified for in the private sector.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It's legit amazing how dishonest journalists have gotten. I just dont understand why they dont strive to simply report the truth

Because they are not journalists. They don't want truth. They want to facilitate their ideology getting into power.

Oh, there I go again with my paranoia.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    They got a job in public service at the will of the elected president. How is that comparable to getting a private sector job?

Why do you think the two instances don't happen with Kushner and Ivanka. Are you saying those types of transactions don't take place in normal business operations?

I don't think a different standard should ever apply. I'm just waiting for a clear description of how these situations are close to similar. The Trump family continued their regular business dealings and the President appointed staff members which is not unlike other presidents prior.

Its just not comparable to Hunter getting a cushy job he wasn't qualified for in the private sector.
    So you’re saying that Kushner would have gotten a sweetheart deal to bail out his failed investment from a company backed by the Qatari government had he not been a WH official and the son-in-law of the POTUS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Because they are not journalists. They don't want truth. They want to facilitate their ideology getting into power.

Oh, there I go again with my paranoia.
    Um, highlighting this doesn’t exactly do Trump any favors.