Page 120 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Pence has the biggest skeleton in his closet. Pence says being gay is a choice. Anyone who says that is atlleast bisexual. For bisexual people it is a choice. Pence must have made that decision at some point in his life. Since he thinks its a choice he must find men and women attractive. I would bet all the money I have Pence has had some kind of sexual relations with a man.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I wonder just what and how much Russia could hack if they had no fear of reprisal.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Pence has the biggest skeleton in his closet. Pence says being gay is a choice. Anyone who says that is atlleast bisexual. For bisexual people it is a choice. Pence must have made that decision at some point in his life. Since he thinks its a choice he must find men and women attractive. I would bet all the money I have Pence has had some kind of sexual relations with a man.
    With Trudeau maybe? ;)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (02-15-2017), The Chosen One (02-15-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    A skeleton?

Wow, that is reaching. That is his OPINION. A lot of Democrats, mainly blacks, think the same way and would not chastise him for that.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Obama is light years better at than Trump, hell my 6 year old son is.

The matter of the fact is that Trump and Obama share one quality my Black Caucus friends say, his ego equals Trump and probably then some.

Obama is not an idiot, Trump is. Obama had a goal of being in a legacy group and will not intentionally hurt people, just ignore them. Trump just like to win and will step on people, insult people, grind them up, regardless, which makes him a douchebag.
    I don't think there's any doubt that Obama has a healthy opinion of his own capacities. That also seemed to be tempered by a degree of self-awareness.

I remember hearing an anecdote from one of his senior staffers (can't remember whom, maybe Jim Messina) about hiring for his campaign. Obama told him during their interview(I'm paraphrasing), "listen, sometimes I'm going to think that I'm a better campaign manager than my campaign manager. I'm going to think I'm a better speechwriter than my head speechwriter. Part of your job is going to be convincing me when I'm wrong."

I can't imagine the current President having that conversation.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (02-15-2017), AerchAngel (02-15-2017), DaneHill (02-15-2017), jpx7 (02-15-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I don't think there's any doubt that Obama has a healthy opinion of his own capacities. That also seemed to be tempered by a degree of self-awareness.

I remember hearing an anecdote from one of his senior staffers (can't remember whom, maybe Jim Messina) about hiring for his campaign. Obama told him during their interview(I'm paraphrasing), "listen, sometimes I'm going to think that I'm a better campaign manager than my campaign manager. I'm going to think I'm a better speechwriter than my head speechwriter. Part of your job is going to be convincing me when I'm wrong."

I can't imagine the current President having that conversation.
    he is right, but I have on good authoriy, he was an egomaniac as well. Not Trumpian though, but he basically DILLIGAF anyone and everyone as long it was about him and his legacy.

Julio, I think you are in my FB group and can see my friends, two of them are in the Black Caucus group, one in Illinois, one in Congress, this is how I obtain information. Now, he is out of office I can talk about things we talk about.

I told everyone for a long time I do things for them that goes under the radar, now you know why. I try to help my people because Obama didn't and this is the only way we can do it. Money was not coming our way. I had to convince churches to help me here and the Twin Cities. I have operatives in Chicago do the same thing.

We have asked Pres. Agent Orange for help and Chicago sent their Drug liaison officer to his office to ask for help. He hopes he won't get dismissed like Obama did to us before and get funding and help to take back our streets, give us jobs and what not.

I would go all out and quit my job to do this, but I have two young kids at home and there is no guarantee that I can provide and spend time with them if I go all out, so I do my best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    or maybe Obama was better at Presidenting than Trump !
    kinda like a baseball manager that declares war on sportswriters then his team goes into the inevitable tailspin and they smell blood

The oldest rule in politics "never go to war with those that buy ink by the barrel "
    Undoubtedly. That doesn't change the fact that Obama wouldn't look so clean with a hostile press, and Trump would look less buffoonish with a kid glove press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Pence is hardcore as Trump is a semi Democrat that goes for the lowest denominator of control or money.

When Pence takeover from Pres. Douchebag, aka Agent Orange, I wonder what 57 will post about since Pence won't tweet, has few skeletons or what not (just a hardass Conservative). Should I invest in a straight jacket and send the orderlies to his house?
    I'm probably going to be proven wrong on this but I think if Donald goes down, he's taking Pence, Priebus, Ryan, and anyone else he can in the establishment with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Undoubtedly. That doesn't change the fact that Obama wouldn't look so clean with a hostile press, and Trump would look less buffoonish with a kid glove press.
    That was my point, Obama knew not to have a hostile press.
    Like Reagan
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    I'm probably going to be proven wrong on this but I think if Donald goes down, he's taking Pence, Priebus, Ryan, and anyone else he can in the establishment with him.
    I don't see how Pence head of the transition and in on all security briefings didn't know about this until the past few days.

There were reports ( and statements from Minority Leader Reid ) as early as October that we on a baseball board knew about and discussed.
    He is running for VP and doesn't ask questions.
    Just strikes me as odd

I wondered early on what if anything the Russians had on Ryan.
    He has been very abstract in his public opinion on the affair.
    Even bending when it would suit him best politically to buck

Trump won't go down quietly.
    Wonder what they have on ...
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

CK86 (02-15-2017), The Chosen One (02-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I agree the media was not as hostile to Obama as they have been to Trump.

That said, a large part of Trump's campaign was based on getting into fights with the media for the free publicity. He didn't have to spend as much on advertising when he was getting all he could get by taking on fights with various media outlets. So I would argue that while yes, the media was not tough on Obama, he also wasn't trashing them every chance he got from the start of the campaign until he got into office.

Also a lot of the Trump administration's problems have been their own mistakes such as the "alternative facts," and "crowd size of the inauguration". Those immediately discredited their administration and that was a week into it. Then you'll have Trump tweet out things only to be contradicted by his own people later in the day. There also seem to be two factions within the inner circle of Trump's advisers that have seemingly been at each other since the campaign ended. Breitbart taking shots at Priebus, leaks that Trump didn't know he was elevating Bannon to NSC, leaks on Trump disliking Spicer's performance, keeping Pence out of the loop on Flynn. I mean, it's one thing after another when it comes to leaks just from his own team. The inner circle of his administration has been actively giving the press ammo, why are we shocked they'd be devoting more resources to covering this?

I voted third party, couldn't stand either candidate. That said, I hoped that Donald would succeed because then our country would succeed. Instead, it has been scandal after scandal with much of it self-inflicted. It's been a disaster and we aren't even a month into his term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Also the reporter who broke the story on Hillary's email servers is the same one who wrote the story on Trump's campaign & Russian ties.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Trump is becoming unhinged on twitter rants.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Still deflecting on Hillary to the Russian stuff. Calls Obama soft on Russia. Economic sanctions killed Russia's GDP, he wants to remove them. Says NYT etc reporting fake news then goes after intelligence community for leaking information to Fake News people.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    He blamed the "fake media" for Flynn's firing.

If that's true, why fire him?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    I agree the media was not as hostile to Obama as they have been to Trump.
    I think a LOT of that has to do with who/what you consider the media. I don't deny (and never have) sources like CBS, NBC, ABC, and some of the papers like the NY Times lean heavily to the left, but how are Fox, Talk Radio, and the major right leaning sources not just as full of crap? How can any reasonable person not see that the opposite of "too far to the left crap" is "too far to the right crap"? Isn't crap crap? So many people see the crap from the one extreme as crap and therefore if you take crap from that other extreme it must be the truth, which is hardly ever the case. The truth is almost always somewhere in the middle, maybe a little to the left one some issues or stories, maybe a little to the right on some others. That's not how most people seem to want it, they want to hear and see what they already thought and nothing more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The problem is perception. Fox is generally perceived to be on the right and MSNBC on the left, with CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC, etc. in the middle. It's moronic.

My father in law started a political conversation with me last weekend by saying "This sounds crazy, but I heard it on CNN, it doesn't get more down the middle than that."

This is an intelligent man with a college degree, but he really believed that. To people who don't look at news from multiple angles, that seems like an obvious fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Puzder nomination to be withdrawn. Republican senators backed away.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    The problem is perception. Fox is generally perceived to be on the right and MSNBC on the left, with CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC, etc. in the middle. It's moronic.

My father in law started a political conversation with me last weekend by saying "This sounds crazy, but I heard it on CNN, it doesn't get more down the middle than that."

This is an intelligent man with a college degree, but he really believed that. To people who don't look at news from multiple angles, that seems like an obvious fact.
    Well perception is one problem, I'll certainly give you that. If we could get the generally left leaning ones on one side and the generally leaning right ones on the other and then make the rule that if you hear something from any one source you have to verify it with another source on that side of things (left or right) and then you have to check it out on at least 2 of the sources on the other side. That would give you a 2 and 2 kind of balance. Not perfect I know but it seems better than what we have now.