Page 1223 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 22372311231173121312211222122312241225123312731323 ... LastLast
Results 24,441 to 24,460 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    That whole interview was a trip. My favorite part is where he complains the media is all against him then starts listing all the media he likes and caps it off by saying how he is supported by most of the media. The full quote is mind blowing.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Looks like Republicans are going to subpoena Hunter Biden in the Senate. My question is why should he show up? I think he would have a great case for malicious prosecution if the DoJ tried to enforce the subpoena when they refused to other witnesses. They should point out that the Presidents impeachment lawyers said once you get into having dual motives the case is over. So even if Prohibition Joe got the prosecutor fired to prevent investigation of Burisma it was also at the request of Republicans and the EU. So by their own logic theres nothing they can charge them with.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Looks like Republicans are going to subpoena Hunter Biden in the Senate. My question is why should he show up? I think he would have a great case for malicious prosecution if the DoJ tried to enforce the subpoena when they refused to other witnesses. They should point out that the Presidents impeachment lawyers said once you get into having dual motives the case is over. So even if Prohibition Joe got the prosecutor fired to prevent investigation of Burisma it was also at the request of Republicans and the EU. So by their own logic theres nothing they can charge them with.
    I think Romney is gonna say nyet to all that nonsense.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts

I dont even know how to properly mock this. What was it a month ago Trump said several times that Adam Schiff needs to pay a price. These mother****ers have the nerve to condemn Democrats for not going along with the resolution to censure Schumer. Gee, I dont know, what do you do when one party leader commits a crime and the other party refuses to acknowledge it. Is this ****ing bizzaro world.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 03-06-2020 at 11:14 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Watching Trumps town hall and he had recently and so far it is hilariously fake. Right now Trump is saying if they take back the House they will have the best health insurance anywhere in the world. If only they had the House for 2 years...... Now he is saying the wall is being built exactly as Border Patrol wanted..... apparently Border Patrol specifically asked for a see through wall.... yeah I call BS on that..... wait, they asked him about the debt spending.... Trump says we actually spend very little on interest payments.... but he wants to refinance the debt.... but we had to spend a lot to rebuild the military..... blah blah... but wait till the trade deals kick in! He starts talking about NAFTA before asking "and you know who did NAFTA" where it really looks like he cant remember until he says "Joe". Apparently Joe Biden Approved NAFTA. Ok my BS meter is full. I switched to trying to find any minority in the crowd. I cant even find a white person with a decent tan.

Last edited by cajunrevenge; 03-06-2020 at 12:20 PM.

It’s over."

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts

I dont even know how to properly mock this. What was it a month ago Trump said several times that Adam Schiff needs to pay a price. These mother****ers have the nerve to condemn Democrats for not going along with the resolution to censure Schumer. Gee, I dont know, what do you do when one party leader commits a crime and the other party refuses to acknowledge it. Is this ****ing bizzaro world.
    The thing with Schumer was weird on his part. Seems like an egregious tactical error. That case is winnable, but you need the Chief. And during the oral argument Roberts actually asked questions that hinted he'd be sympathetic. Just completely bizarre to be so antagonistic.

I also think it was a bad choice on Roberts part to respond. In theory, sure, his point is correct, but after not responding to Trump doing essentially the same thing, it makes him look less than impartial.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Agree about what Schumer said, but I also wish we could drop the collective kayfabe about what the Supreme Court is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-06-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I didn't know that Hunter Biden worked as a lobbyist long before taking the Burisma job and doing what he knew how to do - lobby. I think a family member of a high govt official shouldn't be allowed to be a lobbyist but that's another discussion.

All the talk about Hunter Biden not being qualified for his Burisma job is simply wrong. He was indeed qualified and hired based on that qualification and his name. Any company anywhere would be nuts not to hire someone like him if they could.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I didn't know that Hunter Biden worked as a lobbyist long before taking the Burisma job and doing what he knew how to do - lobby. I think a family member of a high govt official shouldn't be allowed to be a lobbyist but that's another discussion.

All the talk about Hunter Biden not being qualified for his Burisma job is simply wrong. He was indeed qualified and hired based on that qualification and his name. Any company anywhere would be nuts not to hire someone like him if they could.
    He was on the board of Amtrak. Appointed by George W Bush. All legal but still carries a stench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    He was on the board of Amtrak. Appointed by George W Bush. All legal but still carries a stench.
    Yes, but he was doing his chosen job and it started long before Burisma. He's always been a lobbyist. I don't see any conflict of interest unless records show that he asked his father to do something for Burisma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    The Presidents lawyers said if there is a corrupt motive and a legit motive then there is no crime. There was legit motive as evidence by Republicans, EU, and IMF all supporting what Biden did.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    https://www.theweek.com/speedreads/9...irus-air-force

And Trump thinks the media will purposely get infected in order to infect him. How much longer until he claims the people infected are Democrats trying to make him look bad. Also says he wants the DoJ to open an investigation into the media for "market manipulation". Good luck with that.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The Presidents lawyers said if there is a corrupt motive and a legit motive then there is no crime. There was legit motive as evidence by Republicans, EU, and IMF all supporting what Biden did.
    OTOH, if Hunter Biden had any balls or an ounce of integrity he would've walked into the bldg just like Ambassador Yovanovitch and spilled all for the House committee. That he didn't smells bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    https://www.theweek.com/speedreads/9...irus-air-force

Also says he wants the DoJ to open an investigation into the media for "market manipulation". Good luck with that.
    I'd be my shares of Exxon that he's the one who's been doing his darndest to manipulate the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    OTOH, if Hunter Biden had any balls or an ounce of integrity he would've walked into the bldg just like Ambassador Yovanovitch and spilled all for the House committee. That he didn't smells bad.
    I agree but what matters is how they frame it. Hunter could simply say the President declared himself innocent and cited that as the reason for not cooperating with the investigation into his corrupt dealings in Ukraine, so he is following the Presidents lead by declaring the investigation a hoax therefore he does not need to cooperate, and if Republicans have a problem with that he is more than willing to cooperate with the investigation so long as Trump does. Republicans said there would be no witnesses in the impeachment trial but if Democrats got to call witnesses that they would then call Hunter Biden. So now that they have called Hunter Biden he expects the Republicans to live up to their own standards and allow Democrats to also subpoena witnesses. Failing to do so shows the entire process is a sham and Republicans were crystal clear, if you think the investigation is a hoax or the process is unfair that it is perfectly acceptable to not cooperate.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Did The Chosen One run off to his golf course in the middle of the week to keep from having to take the Coronavirus test?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    https://www.vox.com/2020/3/11/211734...ury-dc-circuit

Since Trump is appointing constitutional judges can someone point out the constitutional argument as to why the House oversight committee can not see the grand jury redacted information when investigating the President. The only dissenter was a Trump appointed judge.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

chosen one, February 27, 2020

he's a special kind of stupid

heck of a job Brownie
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    The WH press secretary has more DUI's than press briefings. Amazing. She has only had the position for a whole year.

It’s over."