Page 1324 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3248241224127413141322132313241325132613341374 ... LastLast
Results 26,461 to 26,480 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Thats a low bar to begin with.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Speaking of Lou Dobbs I would be infinitely more comfortable with him being President than Trump. With Trump its not just about policy, its about having a competent functioning adult in the most important position in the country. I dont have a strong opinion about Dobbs either way but he is clearly a competent person. Trump is not.

It’s over."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Still draining the swamp I see

Postal Service awards $5 million contract to Postmaster DeJoy's former company, XPO
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/usps-co...ormer-company/
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://news.yahoo.com/iran-says-u-b...085236690.html

With these "peace" deals my reaction like anyone who has paid any attention to how Trump works my question was what are we giving them for this? The deal with Sudan appears to be taking them off the list of state sponsors of Terrorism and requires them to pay 330 million they owed to a victims fund. I could sum up what I know about Sudan in a sentence so not going to criticize it one way or the other. From the article it appears the current regime was/is no the same one that got it on that list of state sponsors of terrorism back in 93. I would tend to say this is a good thing if it will get the money for victims.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I'm not in a place where I can listen to audio of clip but the headline reminded me of this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Cool

That has nothing to do with that thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Dear Leader today said it should be criminal to report the news. Totally not a wannabe dictator.

It’s over."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-27-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The SCOTUS nomination is a huge win for Trump. The few religious people who actually are sincere and had started to drift away from him will likely come back. This might fire up a few people to actually go out and vote against him (old Republicans who were just not going to vote), but I still think it will be a net gain for him. Either way, it is yet another "win" that many Americans will end up paying for with their own happiness and wellbeing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Dear Leader today said it should be criminal to report the news. Totally not a wannabe dictator.
    Link?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm not in a place where I can listen to audio of clip but the headline reminded me of this...

Did the museum get trolled? That's quite a ringing endorsement of white people

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did the museum get trolled? That's quite a ringing endorsement of white people
    Yeah that removed it lol after saying that hard work and punctuality are white characteristics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...c#5b6502aced11

President Donald Trump, who declared “I don’t make money from China” in Thursday night’s presidential debate...
    ... a routine real estate deal became a conduit for a foreign superpower to pay the president of the United States.

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...po-2020-10?amp

Trump charging the tax payer out the ass at Maralago. Purposely holding meetings with foreign leaders there so he can change tax payers 13,000 for a room, 6,000 for flowers, 6,000 for food including 3$ per glass of water.

Literally the first thing President Biden should do is order the aggressive enforcement of the emoluments clause via executive order, order every penny spent by government officials, Trump, or foreign government officials accounted for. Then send them the bill. Work for the government and stayed at a Trump Hotel? Either show a legitimate reason why it was the only place you could stay, a history of staying at Trump hotels while on governmwnt buisness, and if you cant then you now owe the federal government every cent they spent at a Trump business. Ever cent Trump spent of the government's money at his properties they have 90 days to pay or start defaulting on the properties and auction them off to pay the bill.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Look at that respect and empowerment of women that the right is famous for -

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321596096045412353

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    13 people who might be the author of the op-ed, based on what we know about the various factions, likes, dislikes, motivations and ambitions within the Trump administration. These are in no particular order.

Don McGahn
    We know the White House counsel is a short-timer -- planning to leave in the fall. We also know that McGahn has clashed with Trump repeatedly in the past -- refusing Trump's order to fire special counsel Robert Mueller. And McGahn has already shown a willingness to look out for the broader public good, sitting down for more than 30 hours with special counsel Robert Mueller's team to aid their investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Dan Coats
    The Director of National Intelligence is very much a part of the long-term Washington establishment, having spent not one but two stints in the nation's capital as a senator from Indiana. Coats has also shown a tendency to veer from the Trump songbook. Informed of Trump's plans to invite Russian president Vladimir Putin for a summit in the United States this fall, Coats said "That is going to be special" -- a line that drew the ire of the President.

Kellyanne Conway
    (No way. She seems only selfish and opportunistic.)
    Conway, a White House counselor, is someone who has survived for a very long time in the political game. And not by being dumb or not understanding which way the wind blows. Plus, there is the X-factor of her husband -- George -- whose Twitter feed regularly trolls Trump.

John Kelly
    Same as Mattis comment.
    The chief of staff has clashed repeatedly with the President and seems to be on borrowed time. Kelly sees his time in the job as serving his country in the only way left to him. Might he view exposing Trump in this way as a last way to be of service?

Kirstjen Nielsen

The head of the Department of Homeland Security is a close ally of Kelly, who we know has a very fraught relationship with Trump. And she has reasons of her own: Trump scolded her in a Cabinet meeting over the number of undocumented immigrants entering the country. Nielsen reportedly drafted a resignation letter but backed away.

Jeff Sessions I hope so.
    Sessions sticks out as a possibility for a simple reason: He's got motive. No one has been more publicly maligned by Trump than his attorney general. Trump has repeatedly urged Sessions to use the Justice Department for his own pet political concerns. And this week, Sessions found out that Trump has referred to him as "mentally retarded" and mocked his southern accent, according to a new book by Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward. Sessions is also someone who spent two decades in the Senate prior to being named attorney general by Trump after the 2016 election.

James Mattis
    Maybe. It's tactical and incendiary. A military guy would not be afraid of this.
    The defense secretary has been Trump's favorite Cabinet member. But the quotes attributed to Mattis in Woodward's book are VERY rough on Trump, though Mattis quickly denied that he ever said them. And if anyone has less to lose than Mattis -- he is a decorated military man serving his country again -- it's hard to figure out who that would be. Plus, Mattis is an ally of John Kelly (see above) and Rex Tillerson, the former secretary of state that Trump ran out on a rail.

Fiona Hill
    Hill, a Russian expert who joined the Trump administration from the Brookings Institution, a DC think tank, might have reason to so publicly clash with Trump. She is far more skeptical about Russia's motives than Trump -- and was notably left out when Trump and Putin huddled on the sides of the G20 meeting in Germany in 2017. She was a close adviser to national security adviser H.R. McMaster, who was removed from the White House. And, she was also reportedly mistaken for a clerk by Trump in one of her earliest meetings with him on Russia.

Mike Pence (Not smart or ballsy enough for this.)
    The vice president is all smiles, nods and quiet, deferential loyalty in public. Which of course means that he has the perfect cover to write something like this in The New York Times. Pence is also ambitious -- and there's no question he wants to be president. But would taking such a risk as writing this scathing op-ed be a better path to the White House than just waiting Trump out?

Nikki Haley

The United Nations ambassador is, like Pence, one of Trump's favorites. She is also, however, someone deeply engaged on the world stage and a voice of concern when it comes to how the President views Russia and Putin. Haley, again like Pence, is ambitious and has her eye on national office. Would this service that goal?

Javanka Ivanka may be melodramatic enough, but I can't believe she'd betray her father this way. After he's out of office, her stock drops like a lead ball.
    The combination of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump -- Javanka! -- writing this op-ed would be right out of a soap opera. But that is sort of a perfect way to describe the Trump administration, right? Ivanka Trump said she would work to make her voice heard to her father, but there's little evidence he's listened much to her or her husband. Might this be a bit of revenge?

Melania Trump Hmmm
    To be clear, I don't think the first lady did this. But her willingness to send messages when she is unhappy with her husband or his administration is unmistakable. ("I really don't care. Do U?") And, if you believe this administration and Trump are governed by reality shows rules, then Melania writing the op-ed is the most reality TV thing EVER.

My picks:

1. A totally fake, brilliant and well-deserved attack to sow further distrust within the ranks.

2. Sessions, Mattis and Kelly working together.

3. Nikki Haley

4. Melania
    0 for 13
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    It’s probabaly a low level person who has no dealings with trump
    Its always the Trump supporters who are right.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm guessing Kellyanne.
    Almost there
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Says the Obama voter who has never voted for Trump.

It’s over."