Page 1352 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3528521252130213421350135113521353135413621402 ... LastLast
Results 27,021 to 27,040 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This is my experience still for all my usps packages. Only a couple were delivered and they were very late

BTW just to come back to this.

https://www.wmur.com/article/covid-1...ience/35102985

“Typically, Christmas is a 20% to 30% increase in volume,” Coletti said. “So, essentially, it’s been Christmas all year round at the plant in Nashua.”

I have nothing but respect for the USPS. Keep in mind that FEDEX and UPS cut off service to certain businesses, so that lead to an ever bigger strain on the Postal Service as businesses needed supplies or shipments sent out were now doing it via the post office.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol, seriously, they are everything they falsely say the other side does

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Let's again compare Trump to one of his heroes, Hitler. It's fun, annoys the Orangeheads and really makes perfect sense as both were failed fascist regimes of recent times. One of the main faults that led to each's downfall was plain ol' incompetency and promoting incompetent people into positions of importance. Another - they were both blinded by absurd conspiracy theories which caused them to overreach and lose sight of attainable goals.

It's really, really difficult for an incumbent with a good economy in peace time to lose re-election. You have to turn a significant part of your own base against you, which is hard to do.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-04-2021 at 01:40 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Let's again compare Trump to one of his heroes, Hitler. It's fun, annoys the Orangeheads and really makes perfect sense as both were failed fascist regimes of recent times. One the main faults that led to each's downfall was plain ol' incompetency and promoting incompetent people into positions of importance. Another - they were both blinded by absurd conspiracy theories caused them to overreach and lose sight of attainable goals.

It's really, really difficult for an incumbent with a good economy in peace time to lose re-election. You have to turn a significant part of your own base against you, which is hard to do.
    Hitler was more paranoid but very poorly chosen one is more delusional. Both had serious mental health issues.

very poorly chosen one actually believes he won every state by huge amounts. So his asking Raffensperger to find the votes isn't a crime. It is in fact rectifying a crime by the Democrats.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-03-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    TLHLIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Hitler was more paranoid but very poorly chosen one is more delusional. Both had serious mental health issues.

very poorly chosen one actually believes he won every state by huge amounts. So his asking Raffensperger to find the votes isn't a crime. It is in fact rectifying a crime by the Democrats.

I think thats a good defense if he is going to plead insanity. From what I hear Trump privately knows he lost. He didnt demote Brad Parscall because he thought he was winning. He implies rewards for committing election fraud and consequences for not committing election fraud. It is a felony just to solicit someone to commit election fraud. Asking Raffensberger to just say he recalculated and Trump won or to simply find 11,780 ballots for Trump is soliciting election fraud. One key thing in the phone call is Raffensberger debunks some of Trumps claims and then Trump just circles back later and completely no sells it. I call that pulling a Sturg. If Trump wants to send a lawyer to defend himself by saying that Trump is so delusional and ignorant that he cant comprehend that he could lose I would love to see it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Let's again compare Trump to one of his heroes, Hitler. It's fun, annoys the Orangeheads and really makes perfect sense as both were failed fascist regimes of recent times. One the main faults that led to each's downfall was plain ol' incompetency and promoting incompetent people into positions of importance. Another - they were both blinded by absurd conspiracy theories caused them to overreach and lose sight of attainable goals.

Ehh. We also have a national media that's more one sided than any time since Lincoln shut down the newspapers that didn't toe the line. Trump certainly does his share of jackassery, but let's not pretend even a majority of posters here know about the positives of his administration, much less the public at large. You guys worried about Trump subverting democracy were looking the other way while the media already did it.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

Of course, he knows that he lost. He was worried about Biden running from the beginning. Why? Because he knew the numbers.

There really isn't much difference between lying and choosing to believe the lie. He's been a conman long enough to know you have to buy in to your own bull$hit in order to sell it. The only things out of his mouth are facts that are either favorable to him or ones he can spin in some way. He's incapable of saying things that don't help him. But he knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Ehh. We also have a national media that's more one sided than any time since Lincoln shut down the newspapers that didn't toe the line. Trump certainly does his share of jackassery, but let's not pretend even a majority of posters here know about the positives of his administration, much less the public at large. You guys worried about Trump subverting democracy were looking the other way while the media already did it.
    What? FEAX NEWS has a pretty good following. We have battling versions of the news and their shares are pretty balanced, all things considered. People have the freedom to choose news they feel speaks to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The FOX and Wall Street Journals of the world are a drop in the bucket compared to their opposition, and you know that. FOX came about because nature abhors a vacuum, and every, EVERY single TV news source was left of center. ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN. We've since added MSNBC to the list, along with the 14 people who watch Newsmax.

We've got the NYT, WaPo, and every other newspaper from a major city in this country on the left side of the aisle, and progressives will always pop up with "but WSJ!" Yeah. There's one. One.

It's a silly thing to argue about, because there's no argument to be made. Media drives the narrative from a hard left perspective, and has since before most of us were born. A look at the decline of morality in culture is proof of their success. Trump was the first Republican nominee since GHWB with the spine to stand up to them, and the first since Reagan to do it well. It's unfortunate that he's also an ass.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Of course, he knows that he lost.
    Hard disagree. Narcissists are highly delusional with respect to evidence that contradicts the inner construct they have built up of themselves.

He doesn't just think he won. He thinks he won every state by a yuge margin.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    "Flipping the state is a great testament to our country. It's a testament that they can admit to a mistake. A lot of people think it wasn't a mistake, it was much more criminal than that."

would someone who has processed he lost talk this way

nope

he doesn't think he lost...he won bigly and the other side cheated even more bigly

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Was t sure where to post this

But, so very Republican of her

Becomes in favor of something once it personally affected her

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    My wife got paid maternity leave.

It was also supplemented by short term disability
    Ivermectin Man

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Why should someone who chooses not to/is unable to/can't afford to not have kids have to pay for those who do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    My wife got paid maternity leave.

It was also supplemented by short term disability
    Congrats?

Is the the case for everyone or are we going full republican that “it didn’t affect me so it’s no big deal?” With that reply?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Congrats?

Is the the case for everyone or are we going full republican that “it didn’t affect me so it’s no big deal?” With that reply?
    Short term disability is a thing...its available to everyone.

It like how dumb people think healthcare wasn't readily available til ACA and how there just aren't options for coverage out there without actually researching it.
    Ivermectin Man