Page 1354 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3548541254130413441352135313541355135613641404 ... LastLast
Results 27,061 to 27,080 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Classy guy. Sure makes me want to be on the same side as you.
    You mean I can’t team up with a trumpkin to make America great again? Oh no!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Great, the old Ensceff is here . Super.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    His mania will switch to a different topic soon enough.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Just let the little guy rant. Its healthy for them

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Just let the little guy rant. Its healthy for them
    Silly Trumpkin pulling a move out of the Trump playbook with the “little” comments as if they somehow give offense.

What a clown. What type of bronzer do you wear? Do you at least apply it more evenly than your messiah?
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-06-2021 at 05:59 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    I realize it’s irrational to allow my sympathies for the BLM movement and my disdain for anything remotely Trumpkin to influence my view on the events of today. It is entirely possible the same folks who broke the law during earlier protests did the same today and aren’t actually part of the Trumpkin cult.

The main difference is an unarmed man actually died, whereas the current complaint is a total fabrication created by an egomaniac adored by a sea of morons.

But I suppose I still need to leave myself open to the possibility deplorables aren’t really responsible for today.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Christ. If I have to choose Trump for 4 years or Pence for 3 I probably pick Donald over Pence.
    This didn't age very well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (01-07-2021)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    This didn't age very well.
    Nope.

4 years of Donald got us Biden.

3 years of Pence would have given us 4 more years of Pence and a hunger for a return to Trumpian politics after he left.

Pence would not have botched coronavirus anywhere near as bad as Donald.

Don is literally the only incumbent who could have sabotaged his own re-election chances. Pence would have been much harder to beat.

People underestimate just how much people want a return to normalcy, and Biden was that.
    Forever Fredi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    we dont know that . his Indiana record with AIDS was along the lines of Covid-19.
    Maybe he learned something, we'll never know
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    we dont know that . his Indiana record with AIDS was along the lines of Covid-19.
    Maybe he learned something, we'll never know
    Bush got re-elected, Pence would have had a good shot.

It's very hard to beat the incumbent. Trump has shot himself in the foot so many times in the last year.

If he would have been convicted on impeachment, or convicted on Mueller, it would have had a negative effect on Pence's reelection chances either way.

But if he was just removed early, and Pence had 3 years, Pence would have been harder to beat.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I don't think he has a snowball's chance to win the nomination or the election. A lot of people that poll for him now can't be serious, can they? Can people really be that daft? Or maybe I'm the daft one but I think he'd be completely ineffective working out of the straight-jacket of the Oval Office and would want to quit within the first month. He'd fire half the government, alienate the country and end up being strangled by a cabinet member or killed by a Secret Service agent. People think he's smart because he's rich and knows how to use money and audacity to make more money, but that's not the kind of intelligence the office of President requires.

The real question is is he smart enough to know how ill suited he is for the job? I think he is and I also think he doesn't even really want the job. He's just drawn to the bright lights of the campaign like a moth to a flame. The fact that he can get this deep into the presidential conversation shows how messed up the election process is. He's got nothing but money and balls. That should be his campaign slogan - "TRUMP in '16. Nuthin' but MONEY AND BALLS, but that's enough!"

Doing some deep dives posting some old quotes, not meant to attack the person who posted it. I just like circling back around.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Heres an old Rand Paul Op-Ed posted by Sturg

I ran for office because I was tired of being misled by Republicans who promised conservative government and gave us bank bailouts and more debt. The Wall Street bankers got richer and the American taxpayer got poorer.

The Tea Party erupted over dissatisfaction with false conservatives. It amazes me that anyone in the Tea Party movement could possibly consider Clinton/Reid/Pelosi supporter Donald Trump for President.

I honestly have no idea what Mr. Trump’s real philosophy is. He was liberal before he was conservative, and has openly professed for decades that his views are those of a Democrat.

In 1990, he said if he ever ran for office, he’d do better as a Democrat. He became an independent briefly in 1999 before he switched back to registering as a Democrat. In 2004, he identified more of his beliefs as those of a Democrat, especially on economic policy, stating on CNN that“it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.” He only registered as a Republican in 2009 before dropping the party again in 2011, only to re-register in 2012.

This is a guy who said in 1999 that he was a strong supporter of the United Nations. He was for partial birth abortion before he was against it. He lavished praise on the bank bailouts. He was for Obamacare before he was against it and has said he’s “liberal on health care.”

In the debate, I reminded Trump that conservatives in the GOP have spent decades opposing a single-payer system like the socialized medicine of Canada and England. He responded that I hadn’t heard his answer. The problem is, I had heard his answer and, like many of his answers, it made absolutely no sense. What I heard was that he was once for a single-payer system—today, he’s against Obamacare but still kind of likes the concept of single-payer and isn’t sure it works.

No conservative in America supports a single-payer government-run healthcare system, and yet around 25 percent of Republicans seem to favor Trump. How can this be possible? How can a quarter of the GOP support a guy who was a Republican, then an Independent, then a Democrat, and then a Republican again?

Are conservatives really willing to gamble about what Donald Trump really believes in?

It is refreshing to hear someone speak truth to power, to transcend Washington-speak, and cut through the staidness of our politically correct world but not when it is all blather, non-sequitur, and self-aggrandizing bombast.

Donald Trump is showing he isn’t suited to lead the country, and I think we all need to discuss why.

Frankly, it sounds too much like he is someone used to bullying to get his way. What do you do to a bully? You stand up to him. That’s what I did on the debate stage, and I was the only one.

The only one to tell Donald Trump that if he is willing to possibly give the election to Hillary, he shouldn’t be on the stage. That should be our first and uniting principle.

We don’t need a bully, and we don’t need another President who thinks he is King. We certainly don’t need someone who has driven his companies into bankruptcy four times yet smugly tells us he uses our nation’s Chapter 11 laws to his own personal advantage. All well and good for him – but what of the creditors and vendors he defaulted on?

Voters are hungry for a plain-spoken critique of Washington. But I’m unsure how credible that voice is when it comes from the consummate insider, a man who buys and sells politicians like he does Lamborghinis.

Trump has paid over 1.5 million dollars to politicians from both sides of the aisle, from Harry Reid to Rahm Emanuel to Jeb Bush. The majority of his donations were to Democrats until a few years ago when he began thinking more seriously of making a play for the Republican nomination.

(For the record, Donald Trump has NEVER donated to any of my political campaigns, perhaps because he knows I can’t be bought. He has donated to an eye institute that sponsored the medical mission I took to Guatemala where the funding was directly spent on our surgical work restoring sight to over 200 men and women.)

He has, however, put a significant down payment on Hillary Clinton—at least a $100,000 investment in the Clinton “Foundation” in addition to repeated donations to her campaigns—and acknowledges he spoke to Bill Clinton before he decided to pursue the Republican nomination. What kind of access was he purchasing?

I asked him in the debate why he’s hedging his bets. If he doesn’t win the GOP nomination will he support Clinton? Will he run as a third party candidate? Ross Perot gave us Bill Clinton. Will Trump give us Hillary Clinton?

Why give so much money to both sides?

That’s the problem with the system. Big Government and Big Business get in bed together, and the ordinary taxpayer ends up with the short end of the stick while our country is driven deeper into debt.

I for one don’t think you should run for President if you believe what Trump says about money in politics: “When you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do.”

Isn’t this buying and selling what’s wrong with Washington?

Bill Clinton is under fire for accepting donations and high speaking fees from foreign governments while Hillary served as Secretary of State. I think it’s despicable that politicians like Hillary sell access. But isn’t it equally despicable for people like Trump to buy access?

It makes me sad to think that Tea Party awakening could be hijacked or hoodwinked by a guy who supported the bank bailouts, supported Obamacare, and continues to support the Clintons.

I was there at the first Tea Party in 2007 and I’ll be damned if I’m going to stand passively by and watch the movement destroyed by a fake conservative.

I will stand up to anyone, Republican or Democrat, who tries to use government as their own personal piggy bank and I won’t be bought or sold.

I will run this race on issues important to the American people. Unlike Trump, I have serious, specific proposals for the largest tax cut in American history and a five-year balanced budget. I offer real solutions to defeat the Washington Machine like ending corporate welfare, term limits and forcing Congress to read the bills.

We owe the American people substantive answers like that, not bluster and bombast. I plan to stand up to anyone who doesn’t have the temperament or ideas to be President. Maybe it’s time for the GOP voters to tell Mr. Trump he’s fired so we can find a serious candidate who will bring real change.

It’s over."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The real question is will the Clintons be put in jail.
    we miss you thethe
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Trump is not going to be as much as a lunatic as people believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Just saying. Im not really a Trump fan, but he's going to be much more moderate than people assume.
    lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    For all the crap that Trump gets for coming across like an asshole, ever notice how his numerous employees or the people that he does business dont say negative things about him?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I think its safe to say that Trump will not have control of his twitter while he is in office. With good reason of course.
    good call

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Trump would win the presidency easily if he had a reasonable filter. He's actually a lot like Obama, Clinton and Reagan in that he's got the "it" factor. Nobody in the current democratic field has that. The only reason he's not the obvious favorite to win is as Dowd put it in Hawk's post, Certainly, Trump could explode at any moment in a fiery orange ball.

As far as what he would be as President. I think he'd be fine. I think he'd basically just be a moderate republican. Most people want the border shut down and I guess that's his most controversial issue. I personally see no way he would actually deport non felon illegals. I just don't see that happening. It would be an awesome 4 years if he won.

Trump is plenty capable to be President.

Something that people have largely ignored about the Trump campaign is that he's got a great slogan. Make America great again. I mean it's basically hope and change but worded differently.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I don't think he has a snowball's chance to win the nomination or the election. A lot of people that poll for him now can't be serious, can they? Can people really be that daft? Or maybe I'm the daft one but I think he'd be completely ineffective working out of the straight-jacket of the Oval Office and would want to quit within the first month. He'd fire half the government, alienate the country and end up being strangled by a cabinet member or killed by a Secret Service agent. People think he's smart because he's rich and knows how to use money and audacity to make more money, but that's not the kind of intelligence the office of President requires.

The real question is is he smart enough to know how ill suited he is for the job? I think he is and I also think he doesn't even really want the job. He's just drawn to the bright lights of the campaign like a moth to a flame. The fact that he can get this deep into the presidential conversation shows how messed up the election process is. He's got nothing but money and balls. That should be his campaign slogan - "TRUMP in '16. Nuthin' but MONEY AND BALLS, but that's enough!
    "Doing some deep dives posting some old quotes, not meant to attack the person who posted it. I just like circling back around.
    LOL. I gave voters and the GOP too much credit but had T nailed pretty much.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Trump wanting to tariff everything that we import is a joke. Between cutting off trade, cutting off immigration, and taxing all imports, I'd say he's nearly as anti-growth as Hilary and Bernie

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i went to see when my first appearance in this thread was cause i was out of the country for the election

and it's me saying "**** that nazi" in regards to spencer lol

i like it