Page 179 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 791291691771781791801811892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    they voted against it last time

so, i don't think your model is correct

na, not really

will be pretty similar
    Goldy, I know we don't ever see eye to eye but can you really mean the last th8ng you said? Maybe Christans 500+ years ago but are you completely unwilling to acknowledge what is happening in majority Muslim nations to non believers?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Garmel (03-19-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    pretty broad stroke for that statement

but are there religious people doing harm to others who aren't like them in a few muslim countries? sure

of course none of that would have to do with the system here being tested by a different religion though

you really should visit some of the places you are so scared of and go talk to these people. getting 3 muslim women to laugh at a joke about why i could never be muslim is cause bacon tastes too good in Morocco was a great experience. sat in a train car with them and talked about pretty much everything and one of those women was devout as ****. she prayed twice while on that train and i really wanted to take a picture when she was praying while holding a quran and her sprite but didn't out of respect. she cried when she said all her children were atheists but all she can do is pray that god will bring them back to the quran
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    pretty broad stroke for that statement

but are there religious people doing harm to others who aren't like them in a few muslim countries? sure

of course none of that would have to do with the system here being tested by a different religion though

you really should visit some of the places you are so scared of and go talk to these people. getting 3 muslim women to laugh at a joke about why i could never be muslim is cause bacon tastes too good in Morocco was a great experience. sat in a train car with them and talked about pretty much everything and one of those women was devout as ****. she prayed twice while on that train and i really wanted to take a picture when she was praying while holding a quran and her sprite but didn't out of respect. she cried when she said all her children were atheists but all she can do is pray that god will bring them back to the quran
    But you are doing the exact same thing but using your personal experience with a minuscule percentage of the population and projecting it to he whole population. History speaks for itself. Its a very rare occurrence when the moderates/aethists win against the Islamists in the Muslim counties. I wish more than anyone that this wouldn't be the case but it just is. Its still illegal to be gay in some of these nations. You get the death penalty for leaving Islam. Don't act like these are not the realities that the majority of Muslims face every single day and if Islam continues to spread (through migration) we will start to have these issues in a larger percentage of the world.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I'm pretty over the tax returns and Russia stuff. We have actual ****ty policies for me to concern myself with. Save the rest of it for 2020.
    This exchange

David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC 30m30 minutes ago

David Corn Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The issue is whether your team was in contact with Moscow & explicitly or implicitly encouraged this brazen attack on US democracy. Got it?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

James Clapper and others stated that there is no evidence Potus colluded with Russia. This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    no doubt

although i would love to see the tax returns cause it's weird to not show em and the russia stuff only keeps sticking around cause his people keep lying about connections to it and how the orange dude talks about Russia as opposed to everyone else etc etc
    Doesn't seem like you're over it yet... you should probably delete the "no doubt"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    a new rush of Monday morning preemptive denials and counter accussations in the form or Trump tweets

Why doesn't he just let the investigation go where it is going with out chumming the base ?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College & lost!

Tom Bonier‏Verified account @tbonier 19m19 minutes ago

Tom Bonier Retweeted Donald J. Trump

His own party is investigating the issue. Comey is testifying to Congress for the 3rd time in a week. Who, exactly, is making things up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    In fact the Russia story has been there for a year.

Before election.
    "The Lady doth protesteth too much"

and yeah mqt -- there are a boatload of horrible policies

Trump wears people down
    it has proven to be an effective tactic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Can someone answer this question for me?

If Russia leaked the DNC emails is considered to be trying to "influence our election", would we also then say that Donna Brazile (and by extensions - CNN) also tried to "influence the election?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

If Russia leaked the DNC emails is considered to be trying to "influence our election", would we also then say that Donna Brazile (and by extensions - CNN) also tried to "influence the election?"
    And NBC with the access Hollywood tape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

As of now, no, no one can answer your question. Perhaps in a day or two yours and others will be answered

That is why they are holding hearings.
    To answer those questions

Hopefully it will be a hearing.
    Not like Benghazi where they rightfully held hearing and investigated . But when the conclusion they were looking for weren't evident -- they kept holding hearings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC 12m12 minutes ago

Trump calls the Russian story "FAKE NEWS." But in his opening statement, GOP Nunes says it Russia targeting US elections "deeply troubling."

notice the plural of election --- "elections"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Are you going to respond to dona brazille and NBC news?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Yes, Donna Brazile, a longtime Democratic operative and sometime officer of the DNC, attempted to influence the Democratic Party primary.

This is an exact analogue to an adversarial foreign power illegally hacking emails and releasing them with the intention of influencing an American election, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    If your question is pertinent it will be aired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    John Heilemann‏Verified account @jheil 4m4 minutes ago

Opening statement by @AdamSchiffCA a calm recitation of bare facts made all the stronger by lack of hyperbole

CSPAN is yur friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Are you going to respond to dona brazille and NBC news?
    So is Donna Brazile = the intelligence apparatus of a foreign power with regard to the threat to the integrity of our electoral process?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yes, Donna Brazile, a longtime Democratic operative and sometime officer of the DNC, attempted to influence the Democratic Party primary.

This is an exact analogue to an adversarial foreign power illegally hacking emails and releasing them with the intention of influencing an American election, I guess.
    It just seems strange to me for the left to obsess - and I do mean obsess - over Russia (with no evidence)... yet not care about NBC, CNN, and NYTimes blatantly trying to help HRC win an election.

It also amazed me that those same people don't see the irony in obsessing - and I do mean obsessing - over Russia, while their candidate advocated the United States doing exactly the same thing to another country - yet with much more maliciousness and effectiveness.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    John Heilemann‏Verified account @jheil 4m4 minutes ago

Opening statement by @AdamSchiffCA a calm recitation of bare facts made all the stronger by lack of hyperbole
    Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It just seems strange to me for the left to obsess - and I do mean obsess - over Russia (with no evidence)... yet not care about NBC, CNN, and NYTimes blatantly trying to help HRC win an election.

It also amazed me that those same people don't see the irony in obsessing - and I do mean obsessing - over Russia, while their candidate advocated the United States doing exactly the same thing to another country - yet with much more maliciousness and effectiveness.
    What did CNN, NBC, and the NYT do, specifically, that you're objecting to?

The republican chairman of the intel committee and the director of the NSA just repeated the conclusion that Russia attempted to influence the election. FBI Director Comey just confirmed that the FBI is currently investigating same. Why do you say that "the left" is obsessing over Russia "with no evidence"?

The Republican chairman of the Intel committee has seen enough evidence, apparently. So has the NSA director. The FBI Director just said that there is a counterintelligence investigation of same. What conclusion would you draw from that?