Page 197 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 971471871951961971981992072472976971197 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I have a strict Muslim musician friend that won't allow another womans phone number in his phone.
    Which struck me odd - but hey to each his won.

Suppose Pence ascends to POTUS -- would he not be taking meetings alone with Speaker Pelosi or Chancelor Merkle.
    Sec of Transportation Chao of Senator Warren. Prime Minister of England or should a female be elected to lead France ?

Think about that.
    This is 2017
    Did you read the source quote? Pence won't go to dinner alone with women. I'm sure he's taken meetings with women in the past. If he hasn't, then I agree we should all sharpen our pitch forks and light our torches and burn the sexist.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Link a brother out.

Edit: NM, found it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6259a6d2f82d

In 2002, Mike Pence told the Hill that he never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won’t attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side, either.
    I'm not fan of Pence at all, as I think I've made clear, but I don't have a problem with this statement at all. I also think it is just as much about the perception of (or rumors started by) others just as much if not more than his lack of self control.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (03-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    I have a strict Muslim musician friend that won't allow another womans phone number in his phone.
    Which struck me odd - but hey to each his won.

Suppose Pence ascends to POTUS -- would he not be taking meetings alone with Speaker Pelosi or Chancelor Merkle.
    Sec of Transportation Chao of Senator Warren. Prime Minister of England or should a female be elected to lead France ?

Think about that.
    This is 2017
    Also keep in mind that Pence said this in 2002, which isn't "this is 2017". A lot has changed in the past fifteen years. Who knows if Pence still lives by that personal credo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Granting it was 2002.

But he doesn't (didn't) trust himself with women that aren't his wife !!!
    yet
    I am to trust him to set policy effecting women. Not to mention a man with so little confidence in his moral compass trust him with the nuclear arsenal
    Is he under the impression women can't be trusted around him ?

Going by the edict of "the devil you know... "
    we might be better off with Trump
    What a strange group of people

earlier we were discussing Trump approval polls.
    Take a look at Pence's polls in Indiana before being plucked
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-30-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Granting it was 2002.

But he doesn't (didn't) trust himself with women that aren't his wife !!!
    yet
    I am to trust him to set policy effecting women. Not to mention a man with so little confidence in his moral compass trust him with the nuclear arsenal
    Is he under the impression women can't be trusted around him ?

Going by the edict of "the devil you know... "
    we might be better off with Trump
    What a strange group of people

earlier we were discussing Trump approval polls.
    Take a look at Pence's polls in Indiana before being plucked
    You're reading a **** ton out of a throw away quote from fifteen years ago about he, as a married man, going to dinner alone with another woman, which by the way, could be for reasons other than his mind being a sexual rodeo for which there is no clown to distract his carnal cravings.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Going by the edict of "the devil you know... " we might be better off with Trump
    Isn't this what I've been saying ever since the election? I don't care for the Donald, frankly anyone who really really likes the guy scares me but he isn't the biggest evil we face as a nation The biggest spoiled child perhaps but I'd much rather have him and his tantrums than any religious fanatic making legislation based on HIS interpretation of the Bible and I think I'd even rather have that than anything whatsoever to do with this freaKin' POS Congress and I'd tell you what I really think about them but I'd probably get a visit from a "government representative" if you know what I mean. What's that joke about Ryan, McConnell, Cruz, Rubio, Pelosi, Reid, et al, at the bottom of the ocean? I'd include Barney Frank as well but he isn't actually in Congress anymore so I feel like I owe him at least a little bit of a break (as long as he doesn't change his mind and run for office again).

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/s...9fc5a8c7b.html

Against the backdrop of crumbling negotiations over the GOP bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, President Donald Trump said last week he wanted to oust incumbent U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford in 2018.

The South Carolina Republican told The Post and Courier that Trump chose to convey this message through an intermediary: White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the S.C. congressional delegation, co-founder of the House Freedom Caucus and a friend.

"'The president asked me to look you square in the eyes and to say that he hoped that you voted ‘no’ on this bill so he could run (a primary challenger) against you in 2018,'" Sanford said Mulvaney told him.

He added that Mulvaney made it clear he did not want to deliver the message but did so at Trump's insistence.

"I’ve never had anyone, over my time in politics, put it to me as directly as that," Sanford said, perhaps understating just how monumental it is for a sitting president to openly go after members of his own party.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-30-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Against the backdrop of crumbling negotiations over the GOP bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, President Donald Trump said last week he wanted to oust incumbent U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford in 2018.

The South Carolina Republican told The Post and Courier that Trump chose to convey this message through an intermediary: White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the S.C. congressional delegation, co-founder of the House Freedom Caucus and a friend.

"'The president asked me to look you square in the eyes and to say that he hoped that you voted ‘no’ on this bill so he could run (a primary challenger) against you in 2018,'" Sanford said Mulvaney told him.

He added that Mulvaney made it clear he did not want to deliver the message but did so at Trump's insistence.

"I’ve never had anyone, over my time in politics, put it to me as directly as that," Sanford said, perhaps understating just how monumental it is for a sitting president to openly go after members of his own party.
    What are your thoughts on this, and just the overall "climate" in Washington and in the Republican party? Just curious.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Wow.

I'm tempted to say that this is an expected outcome of electing a political neophyte who disdains norms and processes and turns the government over to cranks and dilettantes, but I'm just going to settle for "wow."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Who is your Rep ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So Trump can use Mercer's money to run someone against Sanford.

Sanford will have Heritage, Club for Growth, the Kochs, and whoever else. I'm sure he's quaking.

Collateral casualty: Mick Mulvaney's balls.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-30-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (03-30-2017), acesfull86 (03-30-2017), chop2chip (03-30-2017), Hawk (03-30-2017), jpx7 (03-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Let me clarify: I'd love to see the House Freedom Caucus marginalized. They are mostly a corrosive influence on the body politic, IMO. Individually, some of them are basically stand-up folks with whom I disagree politically (Sanford is in this category) and some of them are gross hucksters and panderers of the worst American political impulses.

I wanted to see them brought low after they torpedoed a bicameral and bipartisan attempt at immigration reform. I can't help feeling some vicarious sympathy at watching them get vilified by the leader of their own party for declining to support such a transparent piece of garbage as the ACHA.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-30-2017), jpx7 (03-30-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Who is your Rep ?
    Although I'm not living in South Carolina right now, my congressman is still technically Luv Guv (who, as I think I've mentioned before, is a friend).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Isn't this what I've been saying ever since the election? I don't care for the Donald, frankly anyone who really really likes the guy scares me but he isn't the biggest evil we face as a nation The biggest spoiled child perhaps but I'd much rather have him and his tantrums than any religious fanatic making legislation based on HIS interpretation of the Bible and I think I'd even rather have that than anything whatsoever to do with this freaKin' POS Congress and I'd tell you what I really think about them but I'd probably get a visit from a "government representative" if you know what I mean. What's that joke about Ryan, McConnell, Cruz, Rubio, Pelosi, Reid, et al, at the bottom of the ocean? I'd include Barney Frank as well but he isn't actually in Congress anymore so I feel like I owe him at least a little bit of a break (as long as he doesn't change his mind and run for office again).
    and who is your rep ?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    and who is your rep ?
    I believe mine is Markwayne Mullin, if not just pick an R

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Austen Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-30-2017), jpx7 (03-30-2017), The Chosen One (03-30-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-30-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    What are your thoughts on this, and just the overall "climate" in Washington and in the Republican party? Just curious.
    Honestly, I think it's brilliant <provided> Trump scores a major win or two here soon. Otherwise it's just spattered slop in the pigpen.

Washington? The same smug, elitist cesspool it has always been. If anything, what Trump is doing puts faces to names and (granted, erroneously) impactfully assigns blame.

The Republicans? I'll get back to you on that after Ryan is shown the door. The party has desperately needed to modernize its platforms , and this is a grand baptism by fire, but we've got a long ways to go until 2018.