Page 232 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1321822222302312322332342422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ok, and what slave states had those same laws? 1810 there were 310 enslaved people to 262,000 or 0.1% of the population. Compare that to the slave to free person pop of states like Georgia, South Carolina, or Mississippi. I dare you.

To put this in biblical terms, you're pointing out the splinter in someone's eye to cover up the plank in yours.

And again, you don't get it - I've already - and will repeat - said, the South has no moral standing here. Chattel slavery was/is a great evil. And again, at the time, the South had 4 of the 5 best theologians in all of the US and yet, they utterly failed in leading the Church in the South to abolish the practice, confess the sin, repent, and make restitution. We had no Newton and Wilberforce. That's a huge plank! There's no need to take your dare. Not covering a plank in the least.

My point, once again, is that in great part, the capital necessary to fuel industrialization in the North (especially in NE) which gave it both technical advantage over the South and made slavery on a larger scale less attractive (as did the inability to do large scale farming on Northern soil), was nevertheless raised through the heinous practices of NE shippers in their triangular shipping trade.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    No fan of Comey, but, Trump is an utter train wreck. Dude, just sit in your office and twiddle your thumbs for a few days or so, give everyone a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    He sure loves him some Russians.

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Watching Acting director of FBI testify that Comey firing in no way affects the Russia investigation going on live on YouTube right now.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Watching Acting director of FBI testify that Comey firing in no way affects the Russia investigation going on live on YouTube right now.
    Trumps appointed acting director said it huh ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Jim Acosta‏Verified account @Acosta

WH furious over Russian government photos of Trump meeting with Lavrov/Kislyak. "They tricked us," an official said of Russians "They lie."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Trumps appointed acting director said it huh ?
    No, the acting director was the deputy director. Trump didn't appoint him and he also had a lot of good things to say about Comey.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I am surprised the loyalty shown Comey the past few days.
    Not even an "un named sources say ..."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Can someone explain to me how firing Comey stops the Russia investigation? Are the people working the case suddenly going to stop now that Comey is gone? Any new FBI director will be forced to recuse themselves just to get confirmed.

It's a move out of the dictator handbook
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    If people remember events after the horse head, Luca Brazzi "swam with the fishes", Sonny was gunned down at toll booth Michael had Brother Fredo executed, to be drug back into the business and eventually watched his daughter shot in Italy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    it's just noon and all of this happened today to again shine a light on how full of **** this white house is:

BREAKING: Acting FBI director calls Trump-Russia investigation `highly significant,' contradicting White House claim
    Attempts by @POTUS to derail the Russia investigation are a violation of public trust. Today, 20 AGs call for an independent investigation.

Trump staffers reportedly removed top-secret documents from a secure facility

Members of President Donald Trump's transition team copied and removed "highly sensitive" documents from a secure room at its Washington headquarters, according to a report from Julie Pace of The Associated Press.

The report, which was based on interviews with 11 current and former US officials, said President Barack Obama's national-security team became so concerned with the incoming administration's handling of classified information that it allowed Trump's team to view some documents only at the White House.

The documents presumably were removed from a sensitive compartmented information facility, or SCIF — an enclosed room used to read and discuss intelligence matters of the highest sensitivity. Access to SCIFs is tightly controlled, and electronic devices are not allowed inside.

Concerns about the White House's handling of classified information were on full display in February. At a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, Trump and his advisers were photographed in an "open-air situation room" viewing documents about a North Korean missile launch.

Some aides even used their phone flashlights to help Abe and Trump view the documents.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn led Trump's national-security team during the transition. Though Flynn was ousted as national security adviser weeks into Trump's presidency, he reportedly had flouted rules about classified materials while heading the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Flynn installed a secret internet connection into his office at the Pentagon even though it was "forbidden," according to a profile in The New Yorker by Dana Priest.
    From @GlennThrush on #MorningJoe: Mike Pence was "in the room" on the Flynn conversations. The panel is laying waste to Pence's "innocence."
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

It's a move out of the dictator handbook

No, this is something out of the dictator handbook.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    uh, everything isn't a competition

and obviously many things can be from a handbook

but what he did with Comey is the same same play that Saddam did but without actually killing people

thus why i said it

and your example i hope wouldn't be able to happen here but with how things are going with this administration and republicans choosing party over country, who knows

maybe we will

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    but what he did with Comey is the same same play that Saddam did but without actually killing people
    No big difference here at all.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Michael M. Grynbaum
    @grynbaum
    Trump on Comey to @LesterHoltNBC: “He's a showboat, he’s a grandstander.”

---

Lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    No big difference here at all.
    he went as far as he could under our law and society to show what happens if you try to question his authority

thought this was pretty obvious without having to point out every single small detail and explain why it was a move out of a dictators handbook

but here we are

we don't get to the point of saddam in just a day. it takes time to destroy that fabric to be able to do what saddam did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Michael M. Grynbaum
    @grynbaum
    Trump on Comey to @LesterHoltNBC: “He's a showboat, he’s a grandstander.”

---

Lol.
    the irony is too much

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-11-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    he went as far as he could under our law and society to show what happens if you try to question his authority

thought this was pretty obvious without having to point out every single small detail and explain why it was a move out of a dictators handbook

but here we are

we don't get to the point of saddam in just a day. it takes time to destroy that fabric to be able to do what saddam did
    I mean, I applaud your vigilance, but I don't think you can clutch those pearls much harder.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Shane Goldmacher
    @ShaneGoldmacher

This could enter the pantheon of presidential quotes:

“I said, ‘If it’s possible, would you let me know am I under investigation?’"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    FWIW, I don't think McCabe stays around much longer either. There's a Democrat/McAuliffe connection there.