Page 285 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1852352752832842852862872953353857851285 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It appears 57, runnin, and Goldy pants are thrilled this happened because Republicans were the target.
    Could you imagine what we would have heard if this guy was a southern republican aiming at democrats. On my. It would be non stop for weeks. MSM won't even mention it after yesterday and they almost all neglect to talk about how the motive was to kill republicans.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (06-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Could you imagine what we would have heard if this guy was a southern republican aiming at democrats. .
    Not speaking for anyone else but I would have wondered how your hypothetical shooter got a gun in the first place.
    Wondered why there wasn't background checks or if there were how he slipped through the cracks.
    I would probably advocate holding the gun manufacturers accountable

Just like every other time

Please don't misunderstand pointing out people besides Muslims terrorize people as a partisan point.
    But do understand that me pointing out people sharing your political views are capable of mass murder does not mean I don't realize people that share mine are not equally capable

Just because I disagree with people doesn't mean they should be shot or beaten up or in any other way physically harmed

Joshua Holland‏Verified account @JoshuaHol 3h3 hours ago

Erick Erickson says "the violence has begun" as if three people hadn't been brutally murdered by white supremacists in the past month.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Shoot I don't even like nor see the purpose of using military or physical confrontational verbiage discussing the political process.

As in
    This is a fight
    or
    We will do battle untiil the last man is standing

etc etc etc

So the thought that I would revel in a shooting -- any shooting -- probably speaks more to the person making the claim than I
    That is me being polite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 18h18 hours ago

Voting for sanctions on Russia today was the first anti-Trump vote for many Republican senators, such as Rubio
    . http://53eig.ht/2stCmTh

Is this symbolic ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Why is a sanction vote of Russia against trump again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A former senior official said Mr. Mueller’s investigation was looking at money laundering by Trump associates. The suspicion is that any cooperation with Russian officials would most likely have been done in exchange for some kind of financial payoff, and that there would have been an effort to hide the payoffs, most likely by routing them through offshore banking centers.

http://www.dailykos.com/

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    First of all, I’m thankful that everyone survived. Thoughts go out to Scalise and the others injured for a full recovery.

That said, I think it’s interesting that on one hand you have calls for unity, but there are plenty of people, even those in Congress, itching to exploit this.

I agree that the environment has gotten too toxic but there is an important balance that needs to be struck between “toning down rhetoric” and protecting free speech.

Of course, saying Trump wants children to die because of his health care ideas is as bad and unproductive as continuing the bull**** about Obama being foreign-born or being out to get our guns.

The problem is, I’m seeing almost no mention of the other side and the vicious things said by the right over the years from Republicans. The likes of Rush Limbaugh want to rope in the actions of this clearly deranged man with legitimate political dissent on the left. He took the exact opposite position when there were calls from the left to tone down the rhetoric after Gabby Giffords was shot. I thought it was unfair to try to put the blame at Sarah Palin’s feet for that, but the New York Times repeated that assertion in an editorial this morning. Alex Jones has also apparently flip-flopped on the matter. They are engaging in the same type of opportunism they accused the left of six years ago.

Similarly, Republicans have been quick to (rightly) point out the absurdity of Kathy Griffin and the severed Trump head, but haven’t exactly jumped at the opportunity to remind themselves of some of the stuff Trump has said at his rallies.

Montana elected a congressman who body-slammed a reporter.

So, while I think our toxic political environment played a huge role in the situation, there seems to be an underlying attempt to stifle criticism of the Trump administration.

It also ignores the other factors at play here.

Gun control. It is too easy for people to access weapons manufactured to harm human beings. Political special interests have gotten in the way about passing even modest regulations. But there are also instances where the strictest of gun laws have not prevented acts of violence. It’s not a black and white issue as much as people on both sides of the debate want it to be.

You have the issue of mental health out there. You have the downsides of the internet and the increasing isolation of people.

Overall, there is a violence problem in America. But when will Congress actually get serious about addressing it in way where they actually work together in the best interests of the country, not their political talking points?

I’m sorry but I’m skeptical that anything will change anytime soon.
    Last edited by bravesnumberone; 06-18-2017 at 12:07 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-15-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Can we all please agree to two facts?

1) Scumbags belong to all affiliations, and rushing to point the finger at each other about the left or the right and which one is more violent is a pathetic exercise.

2) This was a heinous crime and is not due to a political landscape but rather a terrible person doing a terrible thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post

1) Scumbags belong to all affiliations, and rushing to point the finger at each other about the left or the right and which one is more violent is a pathetic exercise.

2) This was a heinous crime and is not due to a political landscape but rather a terrible person doing a terrible thing.
    Agreed to everything other than its not due to the political landscape. The Internet is ramping up the vitriol on both sides. I'm concerned about what the future will hold.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    "Bad people do bad things because they CAN"....2nd Sherlock Holmes movie

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    People who use this to advocate for gun restriction just don't get it.

People have shown over and over that they can cause mass harm regardless of weapon of choice

But per usual, it's a good thing there were people with guns there to stop him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    When is a good time ? Easter 5 PM.

But not as easy as pulling a trigger.
    They made that into a cliche

People that passed background checks

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Again, to lay this at the feet of one person/campaign/side is a mistake.
    yeah, i would say this too if i totally acted like the last 9 years of rhetoric and hate didn't happen for no good reason
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    2 black cops saved a congressman who said "i'm david duke without the baggage"

yeah, congress are public servants. lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, i would say this too if i totally acted like the last 9 years of rhetoric and hate didn't happen for no good reason
    So another person that thinks this is the rights fault. Fine. Don't expect anything to ever change if you can't look in the mirror to find faults.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So another person that thinks this is the rights fault. Fine. Don't expect anything to ever change if you can't look in the mirror to find faults.
    Pontius Pilate tried to wash his hands of his own actions. you trying to whitewash the last 9 years of rhetoric of hate for no good reason and then get angry when the other side fights back is noted thethe

i wouldn't expect anything different from you honestly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so, a few days after saying Qatar supports terrorism

the orange dumb**** sells 12 billion in weapons to them

you can't make this **** up with this idiot
    Last edited by goldfly; 06-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post

Agree with one as well but disagree with two. We as a nation are becoming increasingly polarized. There are a lot of people who disown friends and family just for their political views. Me personally I tried to talk my family out of voting for Trump during the time of the RNC and it got really heated. I know that will surprise most people around here.

I think we are seeing a rise of vigilante justice because the system has become so corrupt. Cops are largely unaccountable and rape and pillage through communities. Politicians say anything to get elected then do whatever the hell they want when elected with little accountability. For example Trump saying he wants to leave pot issues to the states then appoints an AG who literally wants to genocide pot users. Pot has a higher approval rating than either major party presidential candidate and our elected officials largely ignore the will of the people.

I think this is the beginning of a civil war. It's not going to be a traditional war because the government would brutally repress any significant uprising so we will see more attacks like this and the ones on cops. That will just lead to more authoritarian BS that will be like pouring gasoline on a fire. On for one welcome it because it's long past time politicians and cops are held accountable for their crimes.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.”
    ~ Brad Goehring, a Republican candidate for Congress in California’s 11th district, in pre-election Facebook post