Page 297 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1972472872952962972982993073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Is this a serious question after the information that has recently come out?
    My reading tells me Obama was in a damned if he did and damned if he didn't situation.
    Had he acted you,Trump and the rest of the troglodytes would have gone crazy.
    But he didn't so you get to, you know, go crazy
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    My reading tells me Obama was in a damned if he did and damned if he didn't situation.
    He didn't act because he didn't want there to be any doubt with an impending Hillary victory. Obama put party ahead of country plain and simple. We were attacked by a foreign entity and he did nothing until his parties candidate lost. For you not to see a problem with that is frightening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    You know I don't care much for Warren after she was spineless in the primaries and could have really helped Bernie.
    Spineless ?

To be clear, I was a Sanders supporter but in fairness to a lot of (D) ===== Sanders only became a (D) in September 2015 and was a huge underdog until being soundly whipped at the voting booth.
    I can't fault Warren for keeping her powder dry because hindsight tells us coming out for Sanders would have been political suicide for her.
    Witness the Virginia Governors race.

If she could have been an electoral difference maker she would have been the VP candidate/
    As far back as 2011-12 I hoped she would succeed Obama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    He didn't act because he didn't want there to be any doubt with an impending Hillary victory. Obama put party ahead of country plain and simple. We were attacked by a foreign entity and he did nothing until his parties candidate lost. For you not to see a problem with that is frightening.

And your reaction had he acted ?
    My guess is you would have put party aside and upported the President --- right ?

Had he acted it would have been viewed as ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And your reaction had he acted ?
    My guess is you would have put party aside and upported the President --- right ?

Had he acted it would have been viewed as ...
    My reaction is irrelevant to what should have been done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    that is text book definition of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But there was Russian interference in the election -- correct ?
    Wonder where they got their voting data to target cyber attacks ?
    Things that make you go
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

we're really starting to get somewhere
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-27-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    that is text book definition of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

But there was Russian interference in the election -- correct ?
    Wonder where they got their voting data to target cyber attacks ?
    Things that make you go
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

we're really starting to get somewhere
    DNC not handing over their server to the FBI. HRC campaign cleaning their drives and smashing phones. HRC not questioned under oath or recorded. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I certainly don't know the details of the situation but Obama is a brilliant communicator and I'm sure that he could have informed the country what Russia was doing without looking like he was out to help Hillary and most voters, especially independents, would have believed him.
    Last edited by Runnin; 06-27-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Can you expand on 'eventually'? Will this be another 6 months? 1 year? how about Trumps whole presidency? At what point does it make sense to say, "We haven't found anything using unlimited resources. Maybe there isn't anything to be found."
    Actually, plenty has been found already. If you would inform yourself by reading the Frank Rich article you would see that the wheels of justice at this level move slowly. It took years for the Watergate scandal to reach a critical mass, although Nixon was A LOT more popular than Trump. The hold up in both cases are Republicans too worried about their careers to abandon the Pres. But then that same fear is what caused them to finally jump ship.

An interesting fact is that both Roger Ailes and Roger Stone were involved in both crimes against the country. Bad, bad men that rose in a corrupt environment, just like Trump.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    DNC not handing over their server to the FBI. HRC campaign cleaning their drives and smashing phones. HRC not questioned under oath or recorded. Things that make you go hmmmmmm
    Wasnt a big HRC fan but didn't she testify under oath for 13 hours in front of the House panel in 2015?

The GOP got all their hits in. Everything from the emails to Benghazi was covered.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The more Trump deflects on the Russia stuff the more I'm convinced the guy is not only insecure but there's some fire to the smoke.

Comey was not investigating him, but now Mueller is investigating him for obstruction and whether he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation.

Sessions is trying to do damage control by pulling the Alzheimer's card every time.

The GOP controlled House investigated Benghazi and Fast and Furious and IRS and they found nothing. Trump campaigned on lock her up and has done zilch on that front. He's accused Obama of wiretapping with no evidence. As President he could declassify or get to the bottom of that immediately. He lied about the Comey tapes.

Spicer and the other Trump surrogates all have to pull the he was joking card every time a reporter grills them on stupid comments Trump recently made that contradict his current tweets or position.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Warren is a little on the shrill side for a lot of men. Especially insecure men who perceive strong women as uppity. I'm glad she tells it like it is. Trump and this group of "conservatives" are the nastiest bunch of politicians we've seen in a while.
    "tells it like it is"

She's one of the more intellectually dishonest politicians I've ever heard. She spouting off things about PP and gender pay gap tell me all I need to know about her. She's a charleton

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    IObama left Trump the keys to hit back and punish Russia for the election meddling. He either didn't read the intelligence briefings or he truly does not care about what Russia did. He's already announced he would give back one of their compounds they used for spying. He wanted to lift the sanctions.

Dont know if the golden shower tapes are real or it's true Russian banks were the only ones willing to lend to him but it's strange how insecure about the whole thing he is. He should have taken Melania's advice. She said cooperate and tell them everything you know and let them do their job since he has nothing to hide.

his behavior is classic deflection. Not only that he's trying to soften whatever blow is coming by accusing Obama of collusion and obstruction. So that way his supporters can just say well if they all do it's ok for him to do it. They already excuse and defend his poor and disrespectful behavior to others. What's one more?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We have attacked Syria which is essentially Russia. We can't be 100% adversarial to one of the most powerful nations in the world.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    We have attacked Syria which is essentially Russia. We can't be 100% adversarial to one of the most powerful nations in the world.
    So all those boners the right had for Obama about the redline and people like McCain wanting more intervention and boots on the ground in Syria... look where we are now?

Also, very convenient Spicer and the administration are now talking about Syria and chemical weapons attacks again now that Trump's poll numbers have reached rock bottom lows just like the last time his poll numbers were low and needed the bump from the bombing response in Syria following Aleppo.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    So all those boners the right had for Obama about the redline and people like McCain wanting more intervention and boots on the ground in Syria... look where we are now?

Also, very convenient Spicer and the administration are now talking about Syria and chemical weapons attacks again now that Trump's poll numbers have reached rock bottom lows just like the last time his poll numbers were low and needed the bump from the bombing response in Syria following Aleppo.
    Whose poll numbers? The same that has been subsequently shown to not have the pulse of the country?

The true approval number will come in 2018 and 2020.

Obama at one point tld the Russians he could do more after he was elected. HRC facilitated thebsale of uranium to russia while getting massive donations from benefited parties to the Clinton Foundation. Why is there never speculation of the dems and russians?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    There is !

But every time it gets looked at there is nothing of consequence to see.

Uranium swap for Clinton Foundation donations.
    Stop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    There is !

But every time it gets looked at there is nothing of consequence to see.

Uranium swap for Clinton Foundation donations.
    Stop
    Yeah...there was a very thorough investigation on that matter.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Whose poll numbers? The same that has been subsequently shown to not have the pulse of the country?

The true approval number will come in 2018 and 2020.

Obama at one point tld the Russians he could do more after he was elected. HRC facilitated thebsale of uranium to russia while getting massive donations from benefited parties to the Clinton Foundation. Why is there never speculation of the dems and russians?
    Everyone brings that up but let's look at what actually happened after that "flexibility" comment.. Obama slapped sanctions on Russia following the Ukraine-Crimea stuff. Got other Western European countries to go along with it. Absolutely crippled the Russian economy and their currency. They're still feeling the effects of it today. Russia started hyping up their war machine to try and help stimulate their economy and country's morale. Obama slapped more sanctions post-Presidency. What more could he have done diplomatically without us engaging in combat war with Russia?

I need to see more evidence of the uranium sales and Clinton involvement. Because there's been nothing concrete about what I've read about it since I saw the meme flying around facebook.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Now if Trump said something like "I will have more flexibility later on" to another world leader, he'd be credited for speaking like a businessman because that's what business negotiators say and do. When Trump says I have a plan but am not gonna spill the beans because in business oyu odn't tell the other side what you're thinking, he gets praised by his followers for something like that. God forbid someone like Obama say that, I can already see the "he's saying that because he has NO CLUE what he's talking about!" comments.

Why does that Obama flexibility comment keep getting brought up but the actual actions he took against Russia later on always ignored? That's a classic politician line if anything.
    Forever Fredi