Page 334 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2342843243323333343353363443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Am I afraid of a North Korean ICBM targeting Anchorage? No.

Do I worry about unrest in North Korea potentially upsetting the balance of power in East Asia? Yes.
    Do I worry that the United States (and our new $11 billion base outside of Seoul) is wholly unprepared for regime change in North Korea (even if it's a positive one)? Yes.

Do I believe these issues were confounded by two terms of utterly inept foreign policy decisions?

. . .

Yeah.
    What exactly should the last administration have done about North Korea that the previous ones before him already failed to do other than military strike? He enacted sanctions. What other diplomatic options should he have tried?

Trump is enacting sanctions on Venezuela. As we've already seen, Trump has pressed China to do something about North Korea and he's already perturbed they are basically not doing anything about it. He sucked up his pride and took back all the mean things he tweeted and said about China on the campaign trail to get them to put a leash on NK and they don't seem to be doing anything to fix it.

The only way Kim gets removed without international military intervention is if it's from some courageous coupe from the inside, or China oversteps their boundaries. But I wouldn't be surprised if China stepped over the line and Kim attacked them should China go that route.

I always read conservatives saying Obama "didn't do enough". Just want some of you to stop pussyfooting and say you wanted him to bomb and use military intervention in North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba, etc. Perhaps not every single of those on that list you agree with Hawk, but I'm speaking more of some of the righties on here in general. Obama already gets chided for pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan too soon. But I never actually hear what the alternative they wanted was. How long was the right willing to have big troop numbers in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's almost 2018. We went to Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq in 2003. 17 and 15 years respectively almost. We're still conducting special operations in Afghanistan, and still have troops engaged in combat in Iraq. What was the endgame that conservatives wanted to see play out in the long run?

Trump isn't going after Assad because he knows the alternative to Assad is gonna be a bigger blackhole than Iraq was for ISIS for at least a decade.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This is a great example of you blindly sticking up for Obama, because ... Obama.

What 'action' on North Korea?

Literally, can you point out one meaningful (or, hell, even unimportant) event that occurred in United States / Korean peninsula relations during Obama administration?

KORUS?

Obama's inaction ... no, diplomatic negligence ... in Asia (not just in Korea, but in Japan, China, and the Rim) significantly disadvantages the United States for decades to come.
    I don't see how he can be so sure that obama listened to his advisors with regards to Korea when he directly went against them in Iraq.
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 07-31-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I don't see how he can be so sure that obama listened to his advisors when he directly went against them in Iraq.
    So should every President rubber stamp everything his advisors/Generals tell him to do?

Trump has already said he knows more than the generals. And he's also deferred to them a few times.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    My Party Is in Denial About Donald Trump
    We created him, and now we're rationalizing him. When will it stop?
    By JEFF FLAKE July 31, 2017

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...d-trump-215442
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Oh no...we should renounce a stronger economy and safer borders.

Establishment is doing whatever it can to keep the people under their control. Look at the bad man!!!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    So should every President rubber stamp everything his advisors/Generals tell him to do?

Trump has already said he knows more than the generals. And he's also deferred to them a few times.

Trump has also sceded control of Iraq and Syria to his generals. It looks like trumps hands off approach is doing pretty good in Iraq

For you or anyone to give obama a pass for what happened in Iraq after the troop pullout is a joke. His generals advised against it. Obama greatly misjudged a JV team like IsIS.

It's okay to say Obama got that one wrong isn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Trump has also sceded control of Iraq and Syria to his generals. It looks like trumps hands off approach is doing pretty good in Iraq

For you or anyone to give obama a pass for what happened in Iraq after the troop pullout is a joke. His generals advised against it. Obama greatly misjudged a JV team like IsIS.

It's okay to say Obama got that one wrong isn't it?
    Obama basically left the obligation to Russia to control the radical Islamists and in turn made Russia stronger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Apparently democratic internal polling has given some bad signs for their 2018 election efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "...we lost our way and began to rationalize away our principles in the process. But where does such capitulation take us? If by 2017 the conservative bargain was to go along for the very bumpy ride because with congressional hegemony and the White House we had the numbers to achieve some long-held policy goals—even as we put at risk our institutions and our values—then it was a very real question whether any such policy victories wouldn’t be Pyrrhic ones. If this was our Faustian bargain, then it was not worth it. If ultimately our principles were so malleable as to no longer be principles, then what was the point of political victories in the first place?"

"Even as our own government was documenting a concerted attack against our democratic processes by an enemy foreign power, our own White House was rejecting the authority of its own intelligence agencies, disclaiming their findings as a Democratic ruse and a hoax. Conduct that would have had conservatives up in arms had it been exhibited by our political opponents now had us dumbstruck."
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany this month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story. They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.

But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations. The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared a story, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was “not a campaign issue at the time.”

The claims were later shown to be misleading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f4049e83e7c2

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    [QUOTE=thethe;417052]Apparently democratic internal polling has given some bad signs for their 2018 election efforts.[

Just admit you don't care about another thing other than your wallet is fatter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    [QUOTE=VirginiaBrave;417064]
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Apparently democratic internal polling has given some bad signs for their 2018 election efforts.[

Just admit you don't care about another thing other than your wallet is fatter.
    The wallet being fatter is the key to a better society. A wealthy nation can solve many problems. A poor nation can't solve any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

The wallet being fatter is the key to a better society. A wealthy nation can solve many problems. A poor nation can't solve any.
    lol

a bunch of words that actually say nothing at all or even come close to reality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol

a bunch of words that actually say nothing at all or even come close to reality
    What funds welfare programs? What funds Medicare? What funds public works projects?

Do you guys have any clue how the world works?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    you don't want to fund any of that anyways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you don't want to fund any of that anyways
    See you didn't like the answer to that question.

But to respond to your point...you're wrong about my feelings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "The Rasmussen daily president tracking poll finds Trump with a 39 percent approval rating and a 61 percent disapproval rating."

"Trump called it 'one of the most accurate' pollsters."

yeah, i get how the world works for the most part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Keep leaning on that polling data.

When the economy is strong during the 2018 and 2020 elections we will see how accurate polling data is again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i'm quoting the one he loves and says is most accurate

polling wasn't off on the last election btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How liberal of you to rewrite history to fit your failed narrative

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewre...-mark/%3famp=1