Page 338 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    His team includes people who have donated to the Clinton foundation. This is anything but impartial.

He is close with Comey who has every bit of a reason to despise Trump.
    His team of lawyers? Are lawyers not allowed to donate money to political campaigns? Should he have only hired lawyers who never made any political contributions? Only lawyers who identify as republican? How many top lawyers do you think have never made any political contributions?

trump should try hiring top lawyers. i hear many won't work for him though. I think one of them gave a reason. Weird!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    His team of lawyers? Are lawyers not allowed to donate money to political campaigns? Should he have only hired lawyers who never made any political contributions? Only lawyers who identify as republican? How many top lawyers do you think have never made any political contributions?

trump should try hiring top lawyers. i hear many won't work for him though. I think one of them gave a reason. Weird!
    I don't know how to respond to this if you don't think there is a conflict of interest that there are lawyers on the team that felt strongly enough about Hillary (or may strongly enough against Trump) to donate to Hillarys campaign.

That is the definition of conflict of interest.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    LOL trump praised comey until he wouldn't end the investigation and then admitted he fired him for "this russia thing." who was unfair to who, exactly? this guy is manchild. boy scouts called me and said I'M SO AMAZING!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    And Dems were screaming for Comey to get fired for months. What happened to that?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I don't know how to respond to this if you don't think there is a conflict of interest that there are lawyers on the team that felt strongly enough about Hillary (or may strongly enough against Trump) to donate to Hillarys campaign.

That is the definition of conflict of interest.
    Na, it's not. Again: Should he only hire lawyers who never made any political donations? How did all 16 of the lawyers he hired donate? How many of the world's top lawyers do you think never made political contributions?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    7 things the Trump team denied, and then later confirmed

1. That Trump was involved in Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia statement
    2. That Trump is thinking about pardons
    3. That Trump decided unilaterally to fire FBI Director James B. Comey
    4. That Comey was fired because of the Russia investigation
    5. That Michael Flynn discussed sanctions with Russia's ambassador
    6. That Trump's navy secretary nominee was going to withdraw
    7. That Trump shared classified information with Russian leaders in the Oval Office

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4185bfe355fe
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    And Dems were screaming for Comey to get fired for months. What happened to that?
    They didn't want him fired for "this russia thing," which is what donald said he fired him for.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Na, it's not. Again: Should he only hire lawyers who never made any political donations? How did all 16 of the lawyers he hired donate? How many of the world's top lawyers do you think never made political contributions?
    It should be expected that these lawyers did not contribute to a political campaign that was was in direct opposition to the person they are investigating.

That is not a high standard and would include thousands of qualified lawyers.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    But again - Please continue to perputate this 'Russia thing' while Americans are enjoying an Economic revival while enjoying safer borders.

That is a great recipe to win in 2018/2020.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    It should be expected that these lawyers did not contribute to a political campaign that was was in direct opposition to the person they are investigating.

That is not a high standard and would include thousands of qualified lawyers.
    You answer basically nothing.
    How many TOP lawyers made no donations? You'd say a donation to Ted Cruz was a conflict, too. Mueller has hired lawyers considered to be at the top of their fields, and that's why he hired them. Taking lesser lawyers who didn't contribute to anyone trump ran against would be stupid. You hire the top people regardless. How did all 16 lawyers donate? Do we know?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017), goldfly (08-02-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    But again - Please continue to perputate this 'Russia thing' while Americans are enjoying an Economic revival while enjoying safer borders.

hold up, we have safe borders already?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

Yeah, the FBI is now a liberal organization trying to take down trump. This is all made up.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017), goldfly (08-02-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Because Congress passed it by nearly unanimous, veto-proof majorities. The only thing that makes him look weaker than signing a bill that he doesn't want to sign would be getting dunked on when his veto was overridden. I don't know how you can spin it as giving Putin the finger. His comments about Russia in the signing statement were extremely tepid (not a bad thing, necessarily) and clearly telegraphed his displeasure at signing it.
    I haven't been paying much attention due to a ton of travel, but in my uber rides I've heard three different times about speculation on "will Trump sign the sanctions?????????"

OK... he does. Now it's "well, he kinda had to" as if you're implying that Trump is a shrewd political student (i ascertain that he is clueless and doesn't think much beyond his next tweet)

To me it just seems like no matter what the man does - he will be criticized

Meanwhile, all of the ****iness of Obama that is often brought up on this board gets completely ignored by the same folks.

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I'd love to see trump asked detailed questions about health care. His limited knowledge would shine. And the worst part is, he absolutely doesn't even care to learn. He can use his bull**** bravado on his worshippers and they buy it. Why doesn't he at least try to not be as ignorant as possible on health care? Why can't he take responsibility for not getting anything done?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    You answer basically nothing.
    How many TOP lawyers made no donations? You'd say a donation to Ted Cruz was a conflict, too. Mueller has hired lawyers considered to be at the top of their fields, and that's why he hired them. Taking lesser lawyers who didn't contribute to anyone trump ran against would be stupid. You hire the top people regardless. How did all 16 lawyers donate? Do we know?
    How would I know what lawyers contribute? All i know is that these lawyers contributed to Clinton which is a CLEAR conflict of interest based on the most recent presidential campaign.

This is a special prosecution that should be devoid of any conflicts. Outward support for the opposition candidate is as clear of a conflict as can be.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Yeah, the FBI is now a liberal organization trying to take down trump. This is all made up.
    FBI should do their due diligence.

Its the MSM that can't stop getting ahead of themselves because they are mad they lost an election and the sheep follow.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    I'd love to see trump asked detailed questions about health care. His limited knowledge would shine. And the worst part is, he absolutely doesn't even care to learn. He can use his bull**** bravado on his worshippers and they buy it. Why doesn't he at least try to not be as ignorant as possible on health care? Why can't he take responsibility for not getting anything done?
    We did not vote for Trump because of his policy knowledge.

We voted for Trump to take this country in a different direction after the last 16 years have destroyed a lot of what made us great. We are seeing results and campaign promises actually followed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Perhaps the FBI and the Special Prosecutor doing due diligence is why you haven't seen convincing evidence.
    Personally I don't see 30-40% of the voting public ever being convinced.
    The ones that still think Sadaam was behind 9/11 , all black people get free college and free food

and that Seth Rich thing
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention due to a ton of travel, but in my uber rides I've heard three different times about speculation on "will Trump sign the sanctions?????????"

OK... he does. Now it's "well, he kinda had to" as if you're implying that Trump is a shrewd political student (i ascertain that he is clueless and doesn't think much beyond his next tweet)

To me it just seems like no matter what the man does - he will be criticized

Meanwhile, all of the ****iness of Obama that is often brought up on this board gets completely ignored by the same folks.

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy
    Why should we praise him for signing the bill, though? Do you actually not get that he basically had no choice? He doesn't sign it, it goes through anyway. He vetoes it, and his veto is overridden. I won't criticize him for signing it, but it's not like he took a stand on Putin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    We did not vote for Trump because of his policy knowledge.

We voted for Trump to take this country in a different direction after the last 16 years have destroyed a lot of what made us great. We are seeing results and campaign promises actually followed.

Christina Wilkie‏Verified account @christinawilkie

Stephen Miller angrily saying the Emma Lazarus poem carved on the Statue of Liberty is meaningless because it was added later.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.