Page 339 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2392893293373383393403413493894398391339 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Aaron Wiener‏Verified account @aaronwiener

Aaron Wiener Retweeted Ariel Edwards-Levy

Just over a month ago, about 60% of Trump voters strongly approved of his presidency. Now it’s about 40%. Huge drop.

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-02-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    this hitler youth **** they have been pushing recently is embarrassing and scary at the same time
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    But again - Please continue to perputate this 'Russia thing' while Americans are enjoying an Economic revival while enjoying safer borders.

That is a great recipe to win in 2018/2020.
    Since the borders are safer, guess we can skip the pointless wall.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CK86 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-02-2017), goldfly (08-03-2017), Julio3000 (08-02-2017), Runnin (08-02-2017), Tapate50 (08-02-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    When did I say its impossible Trump did anything wrong?

Can we see real evidence?

We were told the Dossier was the straw that broke the camels back which ended up being a fake document put together by opposition. Then the meeting. What is next? Anything that is real proof of collusion?
    I think you need to broaden your horizons a tad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    His team includes people who have donated to Clintons presidential election while others have worked at the foundation. This is anything but impartial.

He is close with Comey who has every bit of a reason to despise Trump.
    A lot of people have a reason to despise Trump at this point. Hell, who doesn't? I guess my point is with all the enemy making and woe is me bull ****, the list is long. Trying to find someone who doesn't think he's a pretty ****ing dry ass punch line joke at this point is challenging. You and ?

I know I shouldn't but I'd expect people to impartially do their jobs.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 08-02-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention due to a ton of travel, but in my uber rides I've heard three different times about speculation on "will Trump sign the sanctions?????????"

OK... he does. Now it's "well, he kinda had to" as if you're implying that Trump is a shrewd political student (i ascertain that he is clueless and doesn't think much beyond his next tweet)

To me it just seems like no matter what the man does - he will be criticized

Meanwhile, all of the ****iness of Obama that is often brought up on this board gets completely ignored by the same folks.

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy
    My dude, pretty much your entire game is "What about Obama," and even when people indulge you, you don't stop. Obama's not the president any more. Hillary is a private citizen. Donald Trump is the president, so it is kinda reasonable for him to be the topic of discussion.

I'm not criticizing him for signing the bill, just pointing out that he had--politically speaking--no other option, so it meant little to his personal posture towards the Ursine Menace.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    My dude, pretty much your entire game is "What about Obama," and even when people indulge you, you don't stop. Obama's not the president any more. Hillary is a private citizen. Donald Trump is the president, so it is kinda reasonable for him to be the topic of discussion.

I'm not criticizing him for signing the bill, just pointing out that he had--politically speaking--no other option, so it meant little to his personal posture towards the Ursine Menace.
    I don't justify Trump's actions with "What about Obama"

I remind people who bitch about everything Trump does that they were silent during the last 8 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    His team of lawyers? Are lawyers not allowed to donate money to political campaigns? Should he have only hired lawyers who never made any political contributions? Only lawyers who identify as republican? How many top lawyers do you think have never made any political contributions?

trump should try hiring top lawyers. i hear many won't work for him though. I think one of them gave a reason. Weird!
    Holy ****. Lawyers make political donations.

It's kinda bonkers that people are buying into the line*that a guy with well-nigh impeccable bona fides as a neutral public servant is getting smeared as a partisan witch-hunter.

I think there's been the potential for abuse and general ****ery in the various independent counsel statutes over the years. But I defy anyone who's been paying even faint attention to deny that this is a case that requires an independent investigation. Trump is more than willing to casually obstruct justice and take ham-handed yet extraordinary steps to protect himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I don't justify Trump's actions with "What about Obama"

I remind people who bitch about everything Trump does that they were silent during the last 8 years
    Except, as has been pointed out ad nauseam, they were not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Remember 2012 when Obama's daughters met with a Russian Attorney promising dirt on Mitt Romney
    Good Times

or, remember the time Obama threw a racist slur at the judge presiding over his trial for perpetrating fraud in connection to Obama University
    Gotta give it to you sturg -- that one blind sided me and yes, I did stay silent
    or that time Obama let a bad word slip out while addressing the Boy Scouts -- I regret that one
    but, the kicker is
    When Biden mocked an afflicted person.

Care for more ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So, thethe, let me see if I've got this. Nobody who has ever made a political donation should be allowed to work on the IC investigation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So, thethe, let me see if I've got this. Nobody who has ever made a political donation should be allowed to work on the IC investigation?
    The Clintons/Obamas run the democratic party.

The investigation is into the collusion made by the President which aided him getting elected and therefore Clintons loss.

These aides support Clinton and some have worked at the foundation.

How is this even in question that they are not independent?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts

The investigation is into the collusion made by the President which aided him getting elected and therefore Clintons loss.

Do you think they get to present findings without basis? Evidence? Go all rogue and make stuff up?
    Ivermectin Man

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Do you think they get to present findings without basis? Evidence? Go all rogue and make stuff up?
    If that's the logic then why did sessions have to recuse himself?

And I think findings that are no conclusive can be released strategically to negatively impact the administration's policy goals by hurting congressional elections in 2018.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Stephen Miller was again on point today in the white house press briefing. Absolutely made a fool of Jim Acosta.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Professional ethics? I imagine that's a thing in your profession, too.

My wife is a lawyer. She doesn't practice anymore, but she still does some court-appointed mediations. In the course of these she often deals with people and entities whose politics or personalities are personally repugnant to her. But her job in this situation, which is bound by a strict code of professional ethics, is to help the parties come to an agreement.

She's cool and all, but she's not unique in this ability. Lawyers and law firms are among the largest political donors, yet they're bound to represent clients regardless of political affiliation, should they choose to do so. Do you think that former Clinton DoJ official Jamie Gorelick was giving client Jared Kushner less than her best, considering she surely voted for, and probably donated to, Hillary Clinton?

Certainly, it doesn't always work out neatly. But you're suggesting that we prejudge the outcome on utterly specious grounds, with absolutely no evidence at all.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Professional ethics? I imagine that's a thing in your profession, too.

My wife is a lawyer. She doesn't practice anymore, but she still does some court-appointed mediations. In the course of these she often deals with people and entities whose politics or personalities are personally repugnant to her. But her job in this situation, which is bound by a strict code of professional ethics, is to help the parties come to an agreement.

She's cool and all, but she's not unique in this ability. Lawyers and law firms are among the largest political donors, yet they're bound to represent clients regardless of political affiliation, should they choose to do so. Do you think that former Clinton DoJ official Jamie Gorelick was giving client Jared Kushner less than her best, considering she surely voted for, and probably donated to, Hillary Clinton?

Certainly, it doesn't always work out neatly. But you're suggesting that we prejudge the outcome on utterly specious grounds, with absolutely no evidence at all.
    How would one gather evidence on that or to counter that point? What we know is that they donated to the Clinton Campaign. We know they worked for the Clinton foundation.

If those things didn't exist there would be no claim of impropriety.

If we are going to use professional ethics then Sessions should never have recused himself since he has to uphold professional standards as well within the law profession.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Further, in my profession, when I worked for PwC I was required to strip my investment portfolio of any company which I worked on. That is truly the only way you could have ensured your appearance of independence.

Easy standard to expect from those that practice their profession.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    Since the borders are safer, guess we can skip the pointless wall.
    Why would we do that when we have done such a great job reducing drug flow and illegal immigration. You put walls up in strategic spaces and you are guaranteed a strong layer of protection for this country. Walls have been used since the dawn of civilization. People put walls (fences) around their homes to protect themselves. To construct an argument that a wall would not make us safer spits in the face of everything that we have known for thousands of years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Further, in my profession, when I worked for PwC I was required to strip my investment portfolio of any company which I worked on. That is truly the only way you could have ensured your appearance of independence.

Easy standard to expect from those that practice their profession.
    But, er, the thing is, these ethical standards already exist. You don't get to decide what they are. The DoJ ethics lawyers said that Sessions's case was a clear-cut one for recusal.