Page 344 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2442943343423433443453463543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It was a no brainer investment.
    You say that but without federal dollars to invest, you can't.

For example I wanted to buy bitcoins back in 2013, but at the time I was underemployed. It was a no brainer investment for me as I saw the direction of that. But I couldn't justify spending 100 bucks on a single bitcoin much less buying the 100 or so would have wanted. If I had the money I could have turned 10K into 280K a return anyone would have adored. But I didn't have the money to invest.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The federal government has a great scheme where they have unlimited money. All you have to do is steal from future generations.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I believe Congress decides what's impeachable, but.

Emoluments

Obstruction of Justice

Collusion/Attempted collusion

Lying on a daily basis

Unauthorized air strikes

Dereliction of Duty/Behavior unbecoming to the office (Boy Scout speech)

Being a clear and present danger to American sovereignty

General incompetence and ignorance (Transgender tweets)

Being an unapologetic lobbyist for a known enemy of America

Having multiple private talks with said enemy of America

Being a money laundering operation for wealthy Russian mafia for decades and thus having a huge conflict of interest making his holding of the office of President unacceptable to even the most basic tenents of national security. Donald Trump could not pass a low level security vetting to work at ANY government office and yet he sits in the most powerful position. Problems???
    OK so most of these things aren't "impeachable" offenses... just things you that make you grumpy. That's OK..

There are a couple of things there that may be (i.e. unauthorized air strikes)... but again I ask, why were you so silent the last 8 years?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The federal government has a great scheme where they have unlimited money. All you have to do is steal from future generations.
    While I believe most taxation is theft... I don't see how ANYONE can argue that deficit spending is not theft

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    While I believe most taxation is theft... I don't see how ANYONE can argue that deficit spending is not theft
    The last 16 years has been a disaster and hopefully we are finally headed in a different direction.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The last 16 years has been a disaster and hopefully we are finally headed in a different direction.
    Trump isn't showing much willingness to cut spending.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Trump isn't showing much willingness to cut spending.
    Agreed.

My hope is that our GDP growth will help reduce the debt utilization. At some point though I do believe that spending will be reduced from where they were trending in recent years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Of course not
    He never intended to.
    That is who he is

You seem surprised

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    appears to be going back on his Military Transgender ban too.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I have a hard time grasping the argument that six months of Trump have caused the economy to boom in a way that is materially different than how it would have reacted to a Clinton presidency. Certainly there are sectors of the market that are probably reacting favorably to promised DJT policy, but the economy as a whole is growing modestly, just as it has in the recent past. The whole thing seems predicated on the idea that HRC is some kind of red-toothed commie, which she surely is not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I have a hard time grasping the argument that six months of Trump have caused the economy to boom in a way that is materially different than how it would have reacted to a Clinton presidency. Certainly there are sectors of the market that are probably reacting favorably to promised DJT policy, but the economy as a whole is growing modestly, just as it has in the recent past. The whole thing seems predicated on the idea that HRC is some kind of red-toothed commie, which she surely is not.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/strat...182855759.html

When you stop burdening business with needless regulation you generate a growth economy.

All regulation does is allow big business to crush those businesses who can't absorb the costs of compliance.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I don't think the market would be with HRC... bc I think there is legit optimism that Trump policies are pro-growth... and no matter what anyone says, Obama/Clinton did not appear to be pro-business leaders.

But the earnings growth we are seeing in business was already established. Again - Obama had nothing to do with this. But Trump didn't either.

i think Trump is making a huge strategic mistake claiming credit for this stock market. I believe it is a fed induced bubble, and the Fed will likely pop it at some point. When it does, the MSM will have a field day with all of the Trump quotes. The fed now has their fall guy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/strat...182855759.html

When you stop burdening business with needless regulation you generate a growth economy.

All regulation does is allow big business to crush those businesses who can't absorb the costs of compliance.
    Also true. The regulatory burden serves only the rich and big companies, while crushing small business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't think the market would be with HRC... bc I think there is legit optimism that Trump policies are pro-growth... and no matter what anyone says, Obama/Clinton did not appear to be pro-business leaders.

But the earnings growth we are seeing in business was already established. Again - Obama had nothing to do with this. But Trump didn't either.

i think Trump is making a huge strategic mistake claiming credit for this stock market. I believe it is a fed induced bubble, and the Fed will likely pop it at some point. When it does, the MSM will have a field day with all of the Trump quotes. The fed now has their fall guy
    There are still things that Trump can do to stimulate growth through tax reform and overseas repatriation.

I don't believe the market is done with its bull phase. It will inevitably come back down but the new norm for the market is already higher.

3rd quarter growth numbers will be telling. If the country continues to grow at a 2.5 rate thats very good. If it dips below 2 then we are right back in Obama territory. If it somehow touches 3 then every go out and get hammered. Times are going to be great for the next 8 years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    There are still things that Trump can do to stimulate growth through tax reform and overseas repatriation.

I don't believe the market is done with its bull phase. It will inevitably come back down but the new norm for the market is already higher.

3rd quarter growth numbers will be telling. If the country continues to grow at a 2.5 rate thats very good. If it dips below 2 then we are right back in Obama territory. If it somehow touches 3 then every go out and get hammered. Times are going to be great for the next 8 years.
    I think the market has gone as far as it can go with existing fundamendals.

If we see tax reform and repatriation, then yeah - we'll get another leg up. I no longer believe the market is pricing in Trump policies 9bc he is showing no ability to get things done)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think the market has gone as far as it can go with existing fundamendals.

If we see tax reform and repatriation, then yeah - we'll get another leg up. I no longer believe the market is pricing in Trump policies 9bc he is showing no ability to get things done)
    I think he will get much more GOP support for economic reforms.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

I agree, FWIW.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    we are still in an Obama fiscal year as well
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Transcripts Show How Contentious Trump’s Calls Were With Mexican and Australian Leaders

WASHINGTON — President Trump engaged in contentious telephone calls with the leaders of Mexico and Australia in his early days in office, pressing them to make concessions to satisfy his own domestic political needs in exchanges that turned so sharp that he said talking to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was more pleasant.

Transcripts of his calls with President Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia confirm previous news reports of tension during the conversations in January, just a week after Mr. Trump’s inauguration, and open a window into the world of a new president anxious to fulfill campaign promises while developing relationships with foreign counterparts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    What do you think "Make America Great Again" was supposed to mean? It promised a return to a time when our country was less diverse and no one questioned a hierarchy that placed white men at the top (today, of course, the hierarchy still exists, but people question it all the time). Many of those white men feel like they've lost something over the years, particularly if their economic prospects are limited. For them, the idea of turning back the clock so they wouldn't have to read signs in Spanish or be polite to people they consider their lessers was nothing short of intoxicating.

http://theweek.com/articles/715980/w...administration
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.