Page 353 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2533033433513523533543553634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Haha, didn't legacy kid/large adult son Jonah Goldberg write the same book a few years ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Haha, didn't legacy kid/large adult son Jonah Goldberg write the same book a few years ago?
    He did. Of course its all true...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Minnesota ?

I am quite a bit older than you so I was of the generation that was taught to hide under our desks in case of a USSR nuclear attack
    An alarm would go off and 20-30 elementary school kids per room would hide under their desks.
    As if a table with 4 skinny legs would protect us from nuclear fallout
    I digress

This was usually after pledging allegiance and singing America -- because the Star Spangled Banner was too hard.
    The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Except, now a days, it is grown people that scurry under their desks when ever an alarm is sounded

Data and history tell us there have been far more attacks on Muslim than attacks by Muslim in the US
    Data and history also tell us, Europe has been in one state or another of constant war for centuries
    Sure - what is happening in Europe right now with Knife/Acid/vehicle attacks is just a norm that western civilization should accept.

Why isn't there terrorism in Poland/Hungary/Czech Republic? What could be so different?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Sunday on New York AM 970’s “The Cats Roundtable,” CNBC regular and economist Larry Kudlow credited President Donald Trump for the recent stock market gains and economic growth.

“[T]he profit reports continue to exceed expectations and that’s been true for the last couple of quarters,” Kudlow told host John Catsimatidis. “I think that’s the backbone of the stock market rally.”

“I would add global economic growth is picking up … I do think there’s a Trump factor here. Among other things, Trump has made good on his promise to roll back hundreds of regulations: energy, finance, labor laws, you name it. He’s put it into place. That is a huge cost savings for businesses, particularly the smaller businesses. And I think that has instilled a lot of confidence. This is a pretty confident market. I wouldn’t mess with it right now. It looks awfully good,” he added.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Sunday on New York AM 970’s “The Cats Roundtable,” CNBC regular and economist Larry Kudlow credited President Donald Trump for the recent stock market gains and economic growth.

“[T]he profit reports continue to exceed expectations and that’s been true for the last couple of quarters,” Kudlow told host John Catsimatidis. “I think that’s the backbone of the stock market rally.”

“I would add global economic growth is picking up … I do think there’s a Trump factor here. Among other things, Trump has made good on his promise to roll back hundreds of regulations: energy, finance, labor laws, you name it. He’s put it into place. That is a huge cost savings for businesses, particularly the smaller businesses. And I think that has instilled a lot of confidence. This is a pretty confident market. I wouldn’t mess with it right now. It looks awfully good,” he added.
    I don't doubt this at all but at the risk of ruffling feathers, which I am not trying to do, I agree that the markets and the jobs stuff numbers are looking better or at least more optimistic but because of what other than Trump's name and rhetoric? He hasn't really done anything about it except a bunch of executive orders which Shakespeare would probably call "Much Ado About Nothing". Remember 8 years ago after Obama was elected and his followers were sure he'd start out by walking on water and then start doing some hard stuff after that? It was all talk and optimism with no actual substance at its base so it fizzled out. Unless Trump actually does some real stuff this current optimism will do the same within a year, maybe less.

Here are a few thoughts, I've already said I'm pro border security but a wall by itself will cost a fortune and not work, they'll simply dig under it or climb/catapult over it. sure it will provide some jobs but what about a real project that will help both now and in the future. Why not put the Pickens Plan into place. Use our own natural resources, especially natural gas, wind power, and solar power. If the oil companies put money into those like they do CEO bonuses we could make this work and we'd be at the forefront of the world again instead of leading from 13th place on everything. Of course that would mean possibly pissing off the oil companies and other uber wealthy aholes so it probably won't happen.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I am quite a bit older than you so I was of the generation that was taught to hide under our desks in case of a USSR nuclear attack
    An alarm would go off and 20-30 elementary school kids per room would hide under their desks.
    As if a table with 4 skinny legs would protect us from nuclear fallout
    I digress
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...attack-drills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I don't doubt this at all but at the risk of ruffling feathers, which I am not trying to do, I agree that the markets and the jobs stuff numbers are looking better or at least more optimistic but because of what other than Trump's name and rhetoric? He hasn't really done anything about it except a bunch of executive orders which Shakespeare would probably call "Much Ado About Nothing". Remember 8 years ago after Obama was elected and his followers were sure he'd start out by walking on water and then start doing some hard stuff after that? It was all talk and optimism with no actual substance at its base so it fizzled out. Unless Trump actually does some real stuff this current optimism will do the same within a year, maybe less.

Here are a few thoughts, I've already said I'm pro border security but a wall by itself will cost a fortune and not work, they'll simply dig under it or climb/catapult over it. sure it will provide some jobs but what about a real project that will help both now and in the future. Why not put the Pickens Plan into place. Use our own natural resources, especially natural gas, wind power, and solar power. If the oil companies put money into those like they do CEO bonuses we could make this work and we'd be at the forefront of the world again instead of leading from 13th place on everything. Of course that would mean possibly pissing off the oil companies and other uber wealthy aholes so it probably won't happen.
    Trump did do something tangible though to encourage the market. That is to cut needless regulation that only helps big business monopolize the market.

That will only go so far though. He needs to be able to get tax reform through Congress (which the R's will be more unified to sign and I think Dems will be pressured by their constituency to push forward while they watch the economy take off and become more successful) and he needs to find a way to have a repatriation holiday so these funds can be used within the American border for investment.

I believe a wall works. I've gone over why I feel that way many times. No need to rehash. Some disagree and thats cool. We need to have healthy debate where we can disagree with one another.

America is long overdue for an infrastructure bill and once we get our balance sheet in order I think that will happen. Thats the difference between Conservatives and Establishment Liberals. Conservatives want to make sure they have the money before they spend it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Trump did do something tangible though to encourage the market. That is to cut needless regulation that only helps big business monopolize the market.

That will only go so far though. He needs to be able to get tax reform through Congress (which the R's will be more unified to sign and I think Dems will be pressured by their constituency to push forward while they watch the economy take off and become more successful) and he needs to find a way to have a repatriation holiday so these funds can be used within the American border for investment.

I believe a wall works. I've gone over why I feel that way many times. No need to rehash. Some disagree and thats cool. We need to have healthy debate where we can disagree with one another.

America is long overdue for an infrastructure bill and once we get our balance sheet in order I think that will happen. Thats the difference between Conservatives and Establishment Liberals. Conservatives want to make sure they have the money before they spend it.
    Point #1--Can you tell me some of the regulations he cut? I hear about this but I never seem to hear specifics and I certainly hope any regulation cut isn't one that makes it easier for ahole companies to dump toxic crap all over the place. I agree that stupid pointless ones need to go, just not sure we agree on which is which, but we might.
    Point #2--Define tax reform. Repubs tend to define it as getting rid of taxes, at least on the top 5% or so, but somebody has to pay the bills and I think we can predict who WON'T any cuts. We will see though
    Point #3--I don't believe a wall works, but I do agree that we should be able to agree or disagree and have debates and be civil with each other about it. :)
    Point #4--Agree about an infrastructure bill but I think you're giving your buddies too much credit for honesty. Unless you consider raiding the Social Security fund for literally TRILLIONS of dollars, under both Reagan and W and then bitching about how Social Security was going to go broke to be honesty. What do you think about the Pickens Plan. W wouldn't try it, Obama wouldn't try it and I think it would help us in lots of different ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

Trump admin to end Obama rule allowing nursing home residents to sue for mistreatment: http://hill.cm/Lc6eqkX

Making America Great
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

Trump admin to end Obama rule allowing nursing home residents to sue for mistreatment: http://hill.cm/Lc6eqkX

Making America Great
    This will more than likely significantly reduce the cost of nursing home care. Not to mention you can still probably go to arbitration.

Our litigious society is a big reason why so many goods are overpriced.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Point #1--Can you tell me some of the regulations he cut? I hear about this but I never seem to hear specifics and I certainly hope any regulation cut isn't one that makes it easier for ahole companies to dump toxic crap all over the place. I agree that stupid pointless ones need to go, just not sure we agree on which is which, but we might.
    Point #2--Define tax reform. Repubs tend to define it as getting rid of taxes, at least on the top 5% or so, but somebody has to pay the bills and I think we can predict who WON'T any cuts. We will see though
    Point #3--I don't believe a wall works, but I do agree that we should be able to agree or disagree and have debates and be civil with each other about it. :)
    Point #4--Agree about an infrastructure bill but I think you're giving your buddies too much credit for honesty. Unless you consider raiding the Social Security fund for literally TRILLIONS of dollars, under both Reagan and W and then bitching about how Social Security was going to go broke to be honesty. What do you think about the Pickens Plan. W wouldn't try it, Obama wouldn't try it and I think it would help us in lots of different ways.
    http://dailysignal.com/2017/04/23/11...irst-100-days/

These are just a few examples and I'm trying to get access to specific language. Bottom line is that the business community is responding and they have the most information and experts to analyze the impacts.

Tax reform to me is cutting taxes on EVERYONE. Yes - even the most wealthy. Government has no clue how to get good ROI on investments. Private individuals do. This in turn will generate more payroll taxes and higher earnings which result in a windfall of tax revenue for the federal government.

I'm not relying on social security being there. That is why I save my money and am about to start buying properties with my brother. I'm doing everything I can to secure my own retirement funds and I suggest everyone else should do the same. We need to become energy indepedent in the worst way and I hope at some point we stop selling out to big oil but I doubt it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://dailysignal.com/2017/04/23/11...irst-100-days/

These are just a few examples and I'm trying to get access to specific language. Bottom line is that the business community is responding and they have the most information and experts to analyze the impacts.

Tax reform to me is cutting taxes on EVERYONE. Yes - even the most wealthy. Government has no clue how to get good ROI on investments. Private individuals do. This in turn will generate more payroll taxes and higher earnings which result in a windfall of tax revenue for the federal government.

I'm not relying on social security being there. That is why I save my money and am about to start buying properties with my brother. I'm doing everything I can to secure my own retirement funds and I suggest everyone else should do the same. We need to become energy indepedent in the worst way and I hope at some point we stop selling out to big oil but I doubt it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    This will more than likely significantly reduce the cost of nursing home care. Not to mention you can still probably go to arbitration.

Our litigious society is a big reason why so many goods are overpriced.
    Dude, there is NO WAY you can justify this one. Do you know what they do to a lot of those poor old defenseless people in some of those places? Is this an example of "reforms" by the Repubs? Reforms means fixing it so that no matter what they do the rich get richer and the only thing that truly gets their attention when they eff up (causing them to lose some of their money) is now gonna be off the table? Why in the hell would they then see fit to give money back in the form of lower prices. This is ludicrous (the adjective not the rapper)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Dude, there is NO WAY you can justify this one. Do you know what they do to a lot of those poor old defenseless people in some of those places? Is this an example of "reforms" by the Repubs? Reforms means fixing it so that no matter what they do the rich get richer and the only thing that truly gets their attention when they eff up (causing them to lose some of their money) is now gonna be off the table? Why in the hell would they then see fit to give money back in the form of lower prices. This is ludicrous (the adjective not the rapper)
    I imagine there's a lot more to this than a flat statement that 57 posted.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I imagine there's a lot more to this than a flat statement that 57 posted.
    Perhaps (and you can never have a one size fits all problem or solution) but it didn't take thethe any more than that to decide what he decided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The reform is to make it so you can't sue which means you can't go toncourt. This is common in many services agreement. You go to arbitration which is faster and cost effective for everyone involved.

Nobody is going to abuse old people and get away with it. Just more scare tactics.

Less litigation costs absolutey reduces costs which allow homes to provide better care.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    It's already happenin here. This is with a small Muslim population. The more we bring in the worse it will get

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/13...nnesota-girls/
    i haven't followed this thread or any opinions here, but i'm assuming this is satire.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    anyway, have we talked about sean gilmartin's girlfriend's new job as administration propaganda spokesperson?