Page 362 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2623123523603613623633643724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So you're ready to congratulate him on the great job numbers and stock market performance, then?
    Didn't you just say the other day he's done nothing to help the economy while in office so far?
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Didn't you just say the other day he's done nothing to help the economy while in office so far?
    Yes.

But Virginia Braves said EVEYTHING happening while he is in office is on his shoulders, and that also includes economic activity. So, I'm wondering if HE will give Trump credit... or if he is just another bashing machine like the rest of you

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Yes.

But Virginia Braves said EVEYTHING happening while he is in office is on his shoulders, and that also includes economic activity. So, I'm wondering if HE will give Trump credit... or if he is just another bashing machine like the rest of you
    What did thethe say about this when you said this?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    What did thethe say about this when you said this?
    my position has been clear on this.

1. I think the majority of the job gains are spillover and would have happened regardless

2. I think there is a legitimate spike in business confidence, which is resulting in new hiring

3. I do NOT think the stock market would have posted the same gains under HRC, but that it would still be up due to strong earnings

4. I think the financial enthusiasm for Trump is centered around tax breaks, repatriation, and repealing Obamacare

5. I think that Trump is having to and is going to have to fight the Fed... He has already had to endure 2 interest rate spikes; something Obama didn't have to do until late last year

6. If - and that's a big if - there is a substantial de-regulatory and tax reform passed, economic benefits will be quite large. The market and business did not have confidence that HRC would do this (or Obama, obviously).

Having said all that... you can't have it both way. You can't say Trump is responsible for everything, but give him no credit for economic activity.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    So you're ready to congratulate him on the great job numbers and stock market performance, then?
    No...the only day I will congratulate him is when he leaves office. The Obama admin. started the rebound in jobs and thus deserve the credit.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Yes.

What I actually said was what happens from his bluster on NK was on his shoulders or at least that was my intent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    What I actually said was what happens from his bluster on NK was on his shoulders or at least that was my intent.
    That's not what you ACTUALLY said.

But to be clear, I clarified if that includes the economy. You said, yes, the buck stops with him.

So - I ask again, are you ready to sing his praises on economy? Or do you wish instead to pick and choose what you want to blame him for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    No...the only day I will congratulate him is when he leaves office. The Obama admin. started the rebound in jobs and thus deserve the credit.
    Ahh... that's what I thought. You're a clown who can't be taken seriously then...

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    I won't give him credit for anything.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Ahh... that's what I thought. You're a clown who can't be taken seriously then...
    And you my friend are a blind right wing sheep that can't see the forest for the trees, but it is ok. If we survive Trump and it is bordering on doubtful at this point, progressivism will win out in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why call him a clown.
    He has spoken only respectfully to you

disagree all you like
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I think that is rather dangerous actually.

I applauded obama for lifting the Cuban embargo, for example. And think Trump is a clown for undoing it.

See? It's not that hard.

But how can you be taken seriously if you're outwardly admitting that no matter what happens, you won't give credit? How partisan can you be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    And you my friend are a blind right wing sheep that can't see the forest for the trees, but it is ok. If we survive Trump and it is bordering on doubtful at this point, progressivism will win out in the end.
    Depending on what you mean by right wing, I guess.

I support gay marriage, drug legalization, no death penalty, no aggressive wars, no corporate wellfare, and I can go on and on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    why call him a clown.
    He has spoken only respectfully to you

disagree all you like
    I call him a clown because when he had an opportunity to bash Trump - he says "EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS UNDER TRUMP IS ON HIS SHOULDERS."

Then I ask him if that includes the economy, and he says yes.

Then I name something that has happened under Trump... and he says "well no, Trump doesn't get credit for that, Obama does!"

How is that not a clown?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Trump lost all credibility with me when he mocked the disabled reporter. I don't mean this as a threat, but I hope that he has an intimate understanding of what life is like from a wheelchair before his life is over. I shouldn't feel that way but I do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Trump lost all credibility with me when he mocked the disabled reporter. I don't mean this as a threat, but I hope that he has an intimate understanding of what life is like from a wheelchair before his life is over. I shouldn't feel that way but I do.
    Fake news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I call him a clown because when he had an opportunity to bash Trump - he says "EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS UNDER TRUMP IS ON HIS SHOULDERS."

Then I ask him if that includes the economy, and he says yes.

Then I name something that has happened under Trump... and he says "well no, Trump doesn't get credit for that, Obama does!"

How is that not a clown?
    It doesn't reflect on him at all !
    It makes you look like a teenager that has read one book then thinks he/she knows it all
    Would be one reason

Second would be civility
    Act like a grown up
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    See there lies the problem. Even those who didn't like Obama gave him some credit even it is against their wishes or party line even those in here, even the Obama bashing Thethe.

People like you are the problem if the only thing you can see is your party. Country will get nowhere if people like you only think your party line and nothing else. It is like my party or let the country suffer. Don't go down the road 57 is walking, he is already in Satan's pocket for eternity.

Pitiful man, just plain pitiful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    It doesn't reflect on him at all !
    It makes you look like a teenager that has read one book then thinks he/she knows it all
    Would be one reason

Second would be civility
    Act like a grown up
    The child is the person who says "no matter what happens, i'll give no credit to a person for anything that happens. And anything good that happens, I'll give the credit to my guy"

that's the child.

You should be able to relate

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    To show I am not picking on you, I thank your post because this is the truth and I agree with you 120%. Trump is a pathetic excuse for a human being. But I will still say something good about him if he does something good. I might not like how he made his point with NK but I can't said I hate him for doing it. Probably do only good thing he has done in his short tenure to be honest even though he is acting like a schoolyard bully in doing it.

I said good things about Obama over the years and continue to do so, but I will also point out where he has failed the country in some aspects and especially the race that got him into power. I will always talk about it because that is what we do when I am not on this board but our own black only boards and talk about commentaries from prominent blacks in power positions. It is not bashing him per se, but not glossing him over which WHITE Dems seem to do of what he has done for them and their Progressive movement at the expense of his own people. Again, we have to wait for another Democrat, probably black, address some of our issues and not put other minorities/special interest before our own problems. We will never depend on the Republicans for it, it is not in their nature to do so.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (08-11-2017)