User Tag List

Page 406 of 982 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 19640

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #8101
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Liberals have lost the pulse of the nation outside of new York and cali.
    “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

    “These guys are a collection of clowns,” he [Bannon] added.

    [...]

    “The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.

  2. #8102
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

    “These guys are a collection of clowns,” he [Bannon] added.

    [...]

    “The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.
    Bannon really is a brilliant man. Wish trump didn't cave to the globalist preassure but know Bannon knows the enemies from the inside and can get the message out there unfiltered.

  3. #8103
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm finally getting around to reading the Bannon/American Prospect article in full. Even if you wholeheartedly despise the man, it's well worth the read.

    http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

    - “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

    - “We’re at economic war with China. It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow.”


    - He dismisses the far right as irrelevant.

    - "The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up. This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America."

    @thethe FWIW, I don't think Bannon was 'fired' because his views were unwelcome in the White House or because he somehow clashed with Trump. I think he's just following in the great tradition of Trump shadow operatives like Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Corey Lewandowski. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bannon was tasked with testing the waters on forming a new party.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.

  4. #8104
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm finally getting around to reading the Bannon/American Prospect article in full. Even if you wholeheartedly despise the man, it's well worth the read.

    http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

    - “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

    - “We’re at economic war with China. It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow.”


    - He dismisses the far right as irrelevant.

    - "The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up. This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America."

    @thethe FWIW, I don't think Bannon was 'fired' because his views were unwelcome in the White House or because he somehow clashed with Trump. I think he's just following in the great tradition of Trump shadow operatives like Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Corey Lewandowski. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bannon was tasked with testing the waters on forming a new party.
    The article was an inspirational read as it is confirmation of what many have believed for decades.

    It's a great thought and I hope that's the purpose. Establishment dems and repubs have completely lost themselves to the special interests and globalists.

  5. #8105
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stephen Hayes (Weekly Standard) on MTP this morning:

    “I think we’re missing to a certain extent a bigger phenomenon here. Donald Trump is running away from the Republican Party. Republicans are trying to hold on to him desperately. He is saying to them, ‘I’m out. I’m leaving you behind.’ He’s purged a lot of Republicans from his White House. You look to what Steve Bannon told my colleague Peter Boyer in this week’s Weekly Standard. Steve Bannon said, ‘I’m going to good after establishment Republicans,’ and Donald Trump said to him, ‘Good, I need that.’ And we know they have a very broad understanding of establishment Republican which includes Ben Sasse.”

  6. #8106
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/u...ters.html?_r=0

    “Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”

  7. #8107
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/u...ters.html?_r=0

    “Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”
    This in so many ways. And when more minorities vote for Trump it will be a white wash come 2020 (assuming economy continues to churn).
    Warm feelings guy!

  8. #8108
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But ... but ... Rossiya!

    ---

    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...an-dnc-in-july

    The Republican National Committee (RNC) expanded its massive fundraising lead over the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in July as the Democrats posted their worst July haul in a decade.

    The DNC raised just $3.8 million in July, compared to the $10.2 million raised by the RNC in the same month. While the GOP has no debt, the DNC added slightly to its debt in July, which now sits at $3.4 million.

    The Democrats haven't raised that little money in a July since 2007, when the party raised $3.4 million.

  9. #8109
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and won all three national level elections 18 months later.
    (D) points to people signing up to be candidates is going through the roof, equally meaningless
    Sturg - "let's not"

  10. #8110
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    and won all three national level elections 18 months later.
    (D) points to people signing up to be candidates is going through the roof, equally meaningless
    You think there's a political comparison to be made between July 2007 and July 2017?

    Please enlighten us.

    It's kind of simple, really: No message, no money.

    I'm sure Democrats would love to resurrect Obama to save their abysmal fundraising under Perez though.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.

  11. #8111
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40-50,000 messages yesterday

    I just think the numbers both camps are floating are at this point meaningless
    Sturg - "let's not"

  12. #8112
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are saying that anti-Fascism is the new Democratic platform then I think that's a fantastic thing for Republicans.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.

  13. #8113
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,485
    Thanks
    4,337
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Republicans learned in 1996 that the presumption of a moral high ground means squat on Election Day.

    Democrats should have learned the same this past November.

  14. #8114
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2000 - 2010 too
    Sturg - "let's not"

  15. #8115
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you are saying that anti-Fascism is the new Democratic platform then I think that's a fantastic thing for Republicans.
    It will just be something else in 6 months because the dems have absolutely no plan to enrich the lives of all americans so what they rely on is subterfuge
    Warm feelings guy!

  16. #8116
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sturg - "let's not"

  17. #8117
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,343
    Thanks
    3,004
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It will just be something else in 6 months because the dems have absolutely no plan to enrich the lives of all americans so what they rely on is subterfuge
    I believe you are talking about the GOP for the last 8 years. Tell me that great health care system they came up with with all that time on their hands. What? They spent all their time on Benghazi?
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  18. #8118
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 396 Times in 318 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I believe you are talking about the GOP for the last 8 years. Tell me that great health care system they came up with with all that time on their hands. What? They spent all their time on Benghazi?
    The GOP learned over the last 8 years that the democrats catered towards minorities and illegals and didn't they didn't give a **** about the white middle class. The GOP knew where to go for votes


    The democrats are tripling down on thier stupiduty. Pushing a PC culture and telling the nation that we all need to support all these made up sexual orientations is not going to win you middle America. People want jobs. They don't want to be told that a grown man can follow thier 8 year old daughter into the same bathroom
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 08-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.

  19. #8119
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,343
    Thanks
    3,004
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    The GOP learned over the last 8 years that the democrats catered towards minorities and illegals and didn't they didn't give a **** about the white middle class. The GOP knew where to go for votes


    The democrats are tripling down on thier stupiduty. Pushing a PC culture and telling the nation that we all need to support all these made up sexual orientations is not going to win you middle America. People want jobs. They don't want to be told that a grown man can follow thier 8 year old daughter into the same bathroom
    I agree that the Democrat party (different from what you seem to be referring to as democrats) should be focusing more on jobs and bringing back the middle class. PC culture is a phenomenon with its own momentum, just like the white nationalist movement is related to but still separate from the GOP.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  20. #8120
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Lizza‏Verified account @RyanLizza

    Ryan Lizza Retweeted VANITY FAIR

    Breitbart staffer says if Trump moves left, "We’re prepared to help Paul Ryan rally votes for impeachment."
    Sturg - "let's not"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •