User Tag List

Page 42 of 996 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 19901

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #821
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    How to get into Trump's cabinet:

    1. Be a billionarie

    2. Have ties to Goldman Sachs

    3. Promote the same trade policies as Bernie Sanders

    If you're Ted Cruz, espouse free-market captialism, and your wife is a former Goldman Sachs empolyee you're obviously a corrupt liar and your Dad killed JFK.

    It seems Donald is drowning in the proverbial swamp.
    I think historically a LOT more people go into the swamp than come back out and other than what our DUMAS government did with Everglades, very few of them ever really get drained.

  2. #822
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    No, WE are our own worst enemy and #2 is way far down on the list. And you're absolutely right we have been programmed in many ways/areas but to me the #1 area where we've been programmed is to split into like minded groups of Americans who hate and lambaste other Americans from different groups, just because we don't agree on everything. Thank talk radio for starting that process though lots of others have joined in the fun.

    So, you're right on several points, but the one area where you VERY wrong is that now the adults are in charge. The left may be immature and whiny but clearly you haven't been paying attention to what your own party has been doing for the past 8 years. If you or your party wants to lead please do, we need it, but nobody wants to be a real leader they only want to fatten their own pocketbook and not answer for any of their own sins because "we aren't any worse than they are". Fix that and you'll take a big step towards fixing the country.
    My feeling is that the progressive movement is what has divided us. People wanted too much dramatic change too quickly and when things didn't happen as fast as progressives wanted they started pushing hate.

    Hate for the wealthy
    Hate against immigrants
    Hate against gays
    Hate against blacks
    Hate against Christians

    And so on. Cinservatives are not innocent but the rhetoric and brainwasing of the last eight years is what has truly fragmented this nation.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    AerchAngel (12-12-2016),Jaw (12-12-2016)

  4. #823
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,492
    Thanks
    4,340
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    McCain and GRaham are senators. THey weren't on the house committees.

    Right. But the meme said "congressional Republicans" not "house committee Republicans" and last time I checked, the Senate is a part of Congress.

    Then again, I didn't expect much nuance from Occupy Democrats. Whatever the **** that even means.

  5. #824
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    My feeling is that the progressive movement is what has divided us. People wanted too much dramatic change too quickly and when things didn't happen as fast as progressives wanted they started pushing hate.

    Hate for the wealthy
    Hate against immigrants
    Hate against gays
    Hate against blacks
    Hate against Christians

    And so on. Cinservatives are not innocent but the rhetoric and brainwasing of the last eight years is what has truly fragmented this nation.
    LOL, as before I think you're right about some things, the left overall has acted the victim about perceived discrimination against immigrants, gays, blacks, and you left out Muslims and women, which I would probably put at #1 and #2 on the list. As for the wealthy, it's easy to lump them all together and I know I'm guilty of this too, but while there are lots of good wealthy folks who help people every day there are quite a few who give them their overall bad name, must like the small percentage (but lots of individuals in this group because of the YUGE total numbers we're talking about) of Muslims who kill people and they all get blamed for what the bad ones do. That doesn't make the bad ones any less dangerous but it really isn't right to lump all of any group together.

    Overall, I do think you see every sin of the left and broadcast it from the rooftops but that doesn't mean you're wrong in your perception on that side, what I very much disagree with you about quite often is how little of the sins of the right, your side, your party. To say "conservatives are not innocent" is like saying Al Capone did a few bad things in his life. Repubs are just as effed up, just as petty, just as greedy, just as bigoted in their own ways, just as hate filled and condescending as the left ever thought about being. It just doesn't bother you as much when they do it because it's your guys. I used to be just like that, back in the wonderful Reagan 80s. Until the Repubs clean up their own act it will never get done, same with the Dems. The problem is that programming you mentioned earlier, we are programmed to love and follow "our side" blindly, and to hate and ridicule "that other side" just as blindly. We are split into like minded groups and if there ever was a democracy that deserved to lose its freedom, it's us.

  6. #825
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    LOL, as before I think you're right about some things, the left overall has acted the victim about perceived discrimination against immigrants, gays, blacks, and you left out Muslims and women, which I would probably put at #1 and #2 on the list. As for the wealthy, it's easy to lump them all together and I know I'm guilty of this too, but while there are lots of good wealthy folks who help people every day there are quite a few who give them their overall bad name, must like the small percentage (but lots of individuals in this group because of the YUGE total numbers we're talking about) of Muslims who kill people and they all get blamed for what the bad ones do. That doesn't make the bad ones any less dangerous but it really isn't right to lump all of any group together.

    Overall, I do think you see every sin of the left and broadcast it from the rooftops but that doesn't mean you're wrong in your perception on that side, what I very much disagree with you about quite often is how little of the sins of the right, your side, your party. To say "conservatives are not innocent" is like saying Al Capone did a few bad things in his life. Repubs are just as effed up, just as petty, just as greedy, just as bigoted in their own ways, just as hate filled and condescending as the left ever thought about being. It just doesn't bother you as much when they do it because it's your guys. I used to be just like that, back in the wonderful Reagan 80s. Until the Repubs clean up their own act it will never get done, same with the Dems. The problem is that programming you mentioned earlier, we are programmed to love and follow "our side" blindly, and to hate and ridicule "that other side" just as blindly. We are split into like minded groups and if there ever was a democracy that deserved to lose its freedom, it's us.
    I identify as a Conservative/Republican just because the left has moved so far left of center that its not even recognizable anymore.

    When has the right ever tried to re-program language at the university level?
    When has the right ever accused anyone and everyone of being racist because they don't agree with you?

    We have literally seen the desire to control thought on the left and its terrifying.
    Warm feelings guy!

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    AerchAngel (12-11-2016),Garmel (12-10-2016),Jaw (12-12-2016)

  8. #826
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,839
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    My feeling is that the progressive movement is what has divided us. People wanted too much dramatic change too quickly and when things didn't happen as fast as progressives wanted they started pushing hate.

    Hate for the wealthy
    Hate against immigrants
    Hate against gays
    Hate against blacks
    Hate against Christians

    And so on. Cinservatives are not innocent but the rhetoric and brainwasing of the last eight years is what has truly fragmented this nation.
    s

    why do you use the word hate so often ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  9. #827
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I identify as a Conservative/Republican just because the left has moved so far left of center that its not even recognizable anymore.
    So, you're what you are because of what they are. So, other than being anti-them exactly what are you?


    When has the right ever tried to re-program language at the university level? They tried to re-program the entire country after the Iraq invasion so that if you didn't agree with them you were wrong, period and worst case scenario you might receive a quail hunting invite in the mail.

    When has the right ever accused anyone and everyone of being racist because they don't agree with you? No, they accused everyone who disagreed with them as being unamerican.

    We have literally seen the desire to control thought on the left and its terrifying. why are you so afraid of then trying to control your thoughts. I agree with the left on occasion, I disagree with them on lots of occasions but I"m not 1 iota afraid that they can control my thoughts.
    In short I"m not saying you're wrong about the left, I'm saying you're wrong about the right. You want your side to be in the right, and stand up for what's right, and be all the right things that you can't see what they really are. Just like in this past election you could say that both sides were terrible and you'd be right and even if you stand for the lesser of two evils, you'd still be standing up for evil. Just because "it's your brand of evil doesn't make it any less evil. I get why you don't like Hilldog or Obama, I really do. And I definitely don't blame you for voting against her/him/them. I just don't get why anybody would be proud to have Donald J. Trump as president.

  10. #828
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've always found myself to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. However, being socially liberal has now taken the form of being a social activist where its never enough. I was happy when gay marriage was legalized. THey should be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us. But when it was extended to transgenders being able to use different bathrooms that crossed the line. It won't stop there though. The progressives don't know how to stop.

    And now I'm finding myself at battle with traditional conservative free market principles. There is no end to becoming more profitable for businesses and that has hurt the middle class. Automation won't stop and we shouldn't stop that progress but outscourcing of the jobs that we have here to other slave labor countries is beyond the pale for me. as well as allowing a flow of illegal immigration in order to get cheap labor. We need to understand that there are plenty of people in this country that need help and this country has a responsibility to make sure that they are doing well before any other country.
    Warm feelings guy!

  11. #829
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I've always found myself to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. However, being socially liberal has now taken the form of being a social activist where its never enough. I was happy when gay marriage was legalized. THey should be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us. But when it was extended to transgenders being able to use different bathrooms that crossed the line. It won't stop there though. The progressives don't know how to stop. A friend of mine (a conservative Christian) said about the bathroom thing, "hey if you don't like them in the same bathroom as your son remember they have always been in the same bathroom as your daughter. I don't have a problem with places having an extra bathroom available but I don't think this should be mandated by government or anyone else. Even Bill Maher said something along the lines of "if you look like this (a woman's pic) go to the ladies room, if you look like this (a guy's pic) go to the men's room, if you look like this (an obvious perv's pic) then just hold it until you get home".

    And now I'm finding myself at battle with traditional conservative free market principles. There is no end to becoming more profitable for businesses and that has hurt the middle class. Automation won't stop and we shouldn't stop that progress but outscourcing of the jobs that we have here to other slave labor countries is beyond the pale for me. as well as allowing a flow of illegal immigration in order to get cheap labor. We need to understand that there are plenty of people in this country that need help and this country has a responsibility to make sure that they are doing well before any other country. I"m either at or near total agreement with you here.
    .

    One more thing on this subject that I have said numerous times, usually garnering lots of strange looks. I would like to keep those people in this country who want to work, who want to contribute to this nation, who are good, law abiding folks (not talking about immigration status here) who are what we would consider good quality Americans, and ship the lazy aholes who only want to live off the efforts of others (and I don't care what their bank accounts look like, I'm talking about the quality of their character) the hell out of here. Rich people can be and often are leeches just like poor people. If you are able to work and just don't want to and prefer to let other people support you (rich or poor) then get the hell out. I"m not talking about those who truly cannot work and I have no problems with social programs but I think they should be bridges, not luxury condos.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (12-12-2016)

  13. #830
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problem is we can't legally kick out the majority of people who are lazy/leeches in this country.

    We are stuck with them.
    Warm feelings guy!

  14. #831
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 894 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Problem is we can't legally kick out the majority of people who are lazy/leeches in this country.

    We are stuck with them.
    Sadly that is true, but isn't it also another symptom of what may be the biggest problem we have? How many hardcore Dems can recognize any poor person as a leech? How many Repubs can recognize any rich person as a leech (unless they suspect they vote Dem)? It almost always goes back to the "Us vs Them" disease and if and when we are destroyed THAT will be the root cause future nations can trace it back to.

  15. #832
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,698
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You're obviously a staunch Obama supporter... I'm curious what you think he did that was so good?

    Was it the 8 wars? The drone program? The NSA mass spying? The NDAA? The laughable failure of ACA? The middling economic recovery despite the fed pulling every tool out of box? The continued widening of the wealth gap?

    I liked that he opened up things with Cuba? I supported the Iran deal more than the alternative...

    Curious what you thought was so amazing
    ^ @goldfly

  16. #833
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,223
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 882 Times in 522 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone please explain to me why Trump's camp can't differentiate between an investigation on Russia attempting to influence the election and an attack on the validity of his election? You can have concerns about Russia while still accepting that America elected Trump fairly.

  17. #834
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Trump's camp can't differentiate between an investigation on Russia attempting to influence the election and an attack on the validity of his election? You can have concerns about Russia while still accepting that America elected Trump fairly.
    Because that is not what the left is doing right now. The Clinton camp is now saying the electoral college should get the Intel briefings. Why do you think they are doing that?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (12-12-2016)

  19. #835
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,471
    Thanks
    2,938
    Thanked 872 Times in 560 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. This is just an attempt to undermine the election, nothing more.

  20. #836
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Exactly. This is just an attempt to undermine the election, nothing more.
    It's amusing how the left is trying to act like this is strichly a fact finding mission. They are freaking out because their grip of power globally is slipping and they will do whatever it takes to hold on.
    Warm feelings guy!

  21. #837
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,839
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Because that is not what the left is doing right now. The Clinton camp is now saying the electoral college should get the Intel briefings. Why do you think they are doing that?
    Please thethe read a little bit more outside of your view point to not necisarily agree with others but to at least have a working understanding of the other sides point of view
    And spare us all your willfully un informed speculation on the emotions and motives of others
    Again, your facts don't line up with reality

    The Clinton "camp" weighed after the request. As reported by that bastion of left thought,
    The Hill

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ing-on-russian
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-12-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  22. #838
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,839
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It's amusing how the left is trying to act like this is strichly a fact finding mission. They are freaking out because their grip of power globally is slipping and they will do whatever it takes to hold on.
    It is reported 10 (R) Senators, including Majority Leader McConnell have signed on to investigating the hacks, the source and the effects.

    After your buddies foray into Fast and Furious and Benghazi you sound all too familiar with " trying to act like this is strichly a fact finding mission "
    It is humourous you would use that wording
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  23. #839
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Please thethe read a little bit more outside of your view point to not necisarily agree with others but to at least have a working understanding of the other sides point of view
    And spare us all your willfully un informed speculation on the emotions and motives of others
    Again, your facts don't line up with reality

    The Clinton "camp" weighed after the request. As reported by that bastion of left thought,
    The Hill

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ing-on-russian
    In its first show of public support for efforts questioning the legitimacy of Donald Trump's victory, Hillary Clinton’s campaign said it is supporting a request by members of the Electoral College for an intelligence briefing on foreign intervention in the presidential election.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...-russia-232498
    Warm feelings guy!

  24. #840
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,837
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    It is reported 10 (R) Senators, including Majority Leader McConnell have signed on to investigating the hacks, the source and the effects.

    After your buddies foray into Fast and Furious and Benghazi you sound all too familiar with " trying to act like this is strichly a fact finding mission "
    It is humourous you would use that wording
    American lives were lost because of Benghazi. You bet your ass I want all intelligence to be researched when something like that happens.
    Warm feelings guy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •