Page 43 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553931435431043 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    yes they did , that happened, but after the request was made.
    You charactorized it as a last minute hail mary to overturn the election -- when in fact that is not what happened or is happening

Plus,
    Why shouldn't / wouldn't they ?

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    American lives were lost because of Benghazi. You bet your ass I want all intelligence to be researched when something like that happens.
    So did everyone. Sec Clinton was on the record supporting an investigation. I believe there were investigations after the Bush43 embassy conflicts.
    As there should have been

But, you must differentiate between a witch hunt and an investigation

Never did hear the recommendations for procedural changes after the millions of dollars spent on the Benghazi "investigation" s
    I would be glad to read them if someone could post them.
    Wondering the recommendations on what Sec Clinton should have done differently.
    Besides being named Hillary Clinton
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-12-2016 at 02:34 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    The problem is there is no evidence coming out of anything. If there was truly Russian hacking, the congress should be demanding an investigation. But it seems as if the CIA just wants us to accept it without any evidence to support it. That's a problem.

And I'm not sure how that rigged the election, by the way.

The saddest part is how hypocritical the American government is. HRC herself said we should interfere with foreign elections.

Oh wait - that was part of the wikileaks.

I guess we can blame the Russians for her saying that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (12-13-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    No one knows what evidence there is because , after months of hearing baseball board experts wax expertly on the intricacies of the security classifications of US gov ,
    It is way up the food chain of Classified Info

Just surprised you of all people would ask such a question
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-12-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I identify as a Conservative/Republican just because the left has moved so far left of center that its not even recognizable anymore.

When has the right ever tried to re-program language at the university level?
    When has the right ever accused anyone and everyone of being racist because they don't agree with you?

We have literally seen the desire to control thought on the left and its terrifying.
    The left hasn't done either of those things. You're talking about establishment liberals, not the left.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Because that is not what the left is doing right now. The Clinton camp is now saying the electoral college should get the Intel briefings. Why do you think they are doing that?
    I'm not going to defend the actions of those trying to change the election outcome based on the findings of such an investigation, but it doesn't remove the validity of the concerns regarding the topic. There have been a number of nuanced arguments in favor of determining the truth behind Russian influence in the election, and we must not ignore those because some people are being overzealous or flat out wrong in the conclusions they draw from that possibility.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

57Brave (12-12-2016)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The problem is there is no evidence coming out of anything. If there was truly Russian hacking, the congress should be demanding an investigation. But it seems as if the CIA just wants us to accept it without any evidence to support it. That's a problem.

And I'm not sure how that rigged the election, by the way.

The saddest part is how hypocritical the American government is. HRC herself said we should interfere with foreign elections.

Oh wait - that was part of the wikileaks.

I guess we can blame the Russians for her saying that?
    The issue is that a growing number of congressional leaders on both sides of the aisle are doing just what you suggest here and are calling for an investigation. The fact that we're suddenly casting doubt on the CIA is a bit strange, and seems every bit as partisan in most cases as those who are trying to twist this possibility as a reason to disqualify Trump. Only the Jill Steins of the world are really arguing that the election was rigged. Most of us even on the left have the common sense to realize that it was a fair election that wasn't decided by a foreign state. However, dismissing intelligence like this seems like a dangerous thing for the President-Elect and his camp to do, and it seems as though the only reason they are so dismissive of it is due to partisan reasons.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    The fact that we're suddenly casting doubt on the CIA is a bit strange.
    Agreed. The CIA has a long history of disrupting elections and installing right-wing leaders; there's no reason we should suddenly distrust them.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-14-2016), Jaw (12-13-2016), thethe (12-12-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Agreed. The CIA has a long history of disrupting elections and installing right-wing leaders; there's no reason we should suddenly distrust them.
    I feel like people picture the US Government and Governmental Agencies as this one big family where everyone loves eachother. Everyone has their own agenda. The one thing I am sure that is not on that agenda...The American people.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    It should definitely be investigated, but it should be done after the inauguration or at least the results should be released after. I find it really hard to believe the DNC leaks or hacks had any real effect on the election. It was much more damaging to the liberal media and leaders of the DNC. The things that hurt Hillary the most came not from the leaks, but from the email server and the FBI investigation of the server.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    It should definitely be investigated, but it should be done after the inauguration or at least the results should be released after. I find it really hard to believe the DNC leaks or hacks had any real effect on the election. It was much more damaging to the liberal media and leaders of the DNC. The things that hurt Hillary the most came not from the leaks, but from the email server and the FBI investigation of the server.
    I tend to agree. I feel the same way about all this alleged voter fraud. The race simply was not tight enough for it to have made any difference. Not that I think either voter fraud or the Russians need to be put up with. I see lots of bad crap happening just from Russia alone, not to mention the other stuff. I have a friend who's our IT guy and he's the best I've ever seen and he said that 15 year old Russian boys who are bored with lots of time on their hands are probably the best hackers in the world. Not that they had anything to do with this but the greater the challenge and they know damn well nothing will happen to them if they manage to hack us and not their own POS government.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

weso1 (12-12-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In what Donald Trump’s transition-team members are calling a further example of international coöperation, Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed to receive daily U.S. intelligence briefings in the place of the President-elect.

Trump, who had earlier decided that he did not need the briefings and had assigned Vice-President-elect Mike Pence to receive them, said on Tuesday that Putin was a “much better choice.”

“No offense to Mike, but Vladimir Putin is just a terrific, terrific guy to do this,” he said. “He knows all the players.”

Trump said that, while he was “totally uninterested” in receiving the briefings, Putin appeared to be “extremely interested.”

“He’s just terrific,” he said.

Trump also touted his deal-making prowess in securing the Russian President’s services. “The American people are getting an amazing deal here,” he said. “Putin is doing this totally for free.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Left is joking it's way into irrelevance. Please continue. America loves this.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Liberals confuse the hell out of me with the dictators they choose to love and hate. Love Castro...hate Putin..
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomahawking4life For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-14-2016)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Liberals confuse the hell out of me with the dictators they choose to love and hate. Love Castro...hate Putin..
    You're really reaching here by saying this is only a liberal thing.
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-13-2016), jpx7 (12-14-2016)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    ^ [MENTION=130]goldfly[/MENTION]
    ^

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    You're really reaching here by saying this is only a liberal thing.
    Let's just hope he doesn't check out the history of US foreign policy during the Cold War, both Dems and Repubs. They LOVED them some right wing psychopathic homicidal lunatics. By the way I do agree that Castro was a dick, but that's only one small part of this discussion.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (12-13-2016), jpx7 (12-14-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Let's just hope he doesn't check out the history of US foreign policy during the Cold War, both Dems and Repubs. They LOVED them some right wing psychopathic homicidal lunatics. By the way I do agree that Castro was a dick, but that's only one small part of this discussion.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    things you hate or think are failures

a few things we agree on

the rest i will miss the respect he has brought to the office etc

i saved us both a bunch of wasted time and you from bumping it over and over
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that for the foreseeable future it's going to be non-stop Trump idiocy and Leftists whining?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-14-2016)