Page 45 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755951455451045 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ah, not even 8AM and "whining" about the Liberal Media.

3-2-1. "the left thinks"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-15-2016 at 07:48 AM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
    The media tries so hard to make my move to the White House, as it pertains to my business, so complex - when actually it isn't!
    he postponed his press conference on the matter, with a transition official saying "This isn't exactly easy stuff".

you can't make this stuff up
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "The 17 people who US president-elect Donald Trump has selected for his cabinet or for posts with cabinet rank have well over $9.5 billion in combined wealth, with several positions still unfilled. This collection of wealth is greater than that of the 43 million least wealthy American households combined—over one third of the 126 million households total in the US."
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    "The 17 people who US president-elect Donald Trump has selected for his cabinet or for posts with cabinet rank have well over $9.5 billion in combined wealth, with several positions still unfilled. This collection of wealth is greater than that of the 43 million least wealthy American households combined—over one third of the 126 million households total in the US."
    Good. Less ideologues and more people that know how to get things done.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yes, getting the heads of business into positions in direct control of the positions they have always wanted to influence so they can have more power and line their pockets

it sounds like a type of far right gov't that rose to power in europe in the 40s by having a strong head figure and mixing business and politics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    yes, getting the heads of business into positions in direct control of the positions they have always wanted to influence so they can have more power and line their pockets

it sounds like a type of far right gov't that rose to power in europe in the 40s by having a strong head figure and mixing business and politics
    Or getting people that actually know how our complex economy work into positions that heavily influence our economy is a smart thing?

It doesn't really matter because if it wasn't the size of their wallet it would be something else. But this is more divisive politics from the establishment left. HATE RICH PEOPLE!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    the wealth gap that goldy is always bitching about has gotten much wider under Obama...

Must be yet another thing goldy loves Obama for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Or getting people that actually know how our complex economy work into positions that heavily influence our economy is a smart thing?

It doesn't really matter because if it wasn't the size of their wallet it would be something else. But this is more divisive politics from the establishment left. HATE RICH PEOPLE!
    just curious, what did the republicans do for 8 years if me pointing out the scary trend of fascism that is being embraced in this country is me playing "divisive politics"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    it isn't

it's one of those things i have pointed out in the last 8 years that i said he wasn't really the liberal people tried to paint him

but hey, what do i say about facts and 2016?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    just curious, what did the republicans do for 8 years if me pointing out the scary trend of fascism that is being embraced in this country is me playing "divisive politics"
    Please elaborate.

The establishment right has been been almost as bad as the establishment left in this country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    it isn't

it's one of those things i have pointed out in the last 8 years that i said he wasn't really the liberal people tried to paint him

but hey, what do i say about facts and 2016?
    Liberal economics is designed to help the wealthy. Government always favors the wealthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Liberal economics is designed to help the wealthy. Government always favors the wealthy.
    Government acts as a buffer so the wealthy can hide. You cannot tax people into wealth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Please elaborate.

The establishment right has been been almost as bad as the establishment left in this country.
    i asked, if you believe me pointing out signs of fascism happening is "divine politics"

what has the Republican party in the USA been doing the last 8 years?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    i asked, if you believe me pointing out signs of fascism happening is "divine politics"

what has the Republican party in the USA been doing the last 8 years?
    For starters you aren't pointing out facism. You are pointing out that wealthy people are somehow not qualified to be in these positions.

The right has been calling out the Obama administration for being facist. You know...all those executive orders which great enhanced the power of the executive branch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    For starters you aren't pointing out facism. You are pointing out that wealthy people are somehow not qualified to be in these positions.

The right has been calling out the Obama administration for being facist. You know...all those executive orders which great enhanced the power of the executive branch?
    that didn't answer my question

but i'm glad i have proof you don't understand fascism though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    If you call Obama's fetish for executive orders as being fascist (which I supposed you could) what do you call a Congress that absolutely stonewalls working with the president on literally ANYTHING on purpose?

As for several of the president-elect's nominees thusfar, what would Repubs say if Hilldog had won the election and nominated 3 Goldman-Sachs people and the former CEO of Exxon-Mobil?? Generally speaking are billionaires considered to be populists??

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-16-2016), jpx7 (12-15-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    that didn't answer my question

but i'm glad i have proof you don't understand fascism though
    It's not clear to me that you know what it is either.

But at least you know that Obama brought respect to the office... whatever that means

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    If you call Obama's fetish for executive orders as being fascist (which I supposed you could) what do you call a Congress that absolutely stonewalls working with the president on literally ANYTHING on purpose?

As for several of the president-elect's nominees thusfar, what would Repubs say if Hilldog had won the election and nominated 3 Goldman-Sachs people and the former CEO of Exxon-Mobil?? Generally speaking are billionaires considered to be populists??
    For your first question, if Obama is a fascist and Congress stonewalls, then good for Congress.

On your second paragraph. I agree with you on the hypocrisy. To answer your second question, I think a good chunk of billionaires are populists. And populism is not a good thing.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Is that a bad thing?
    thank you weso1!