Thread: The Trump Presidency

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Is that a bad thing?
    It's a good thing if you're a wealthy American. They will make sure themselves and their friends a taken care of and have more of those great tax cuts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chipper For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-16-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Is that a bad thing?
    yeah

imo of course
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    If you call Obama's fetish for executive orders as being fascist (which I supposed you could) what do you call a Congress that absolutely stonewalls working with the president on literally ANYTHING on purpose?

As for several of the president-elect's nominees thusfar, what would Repubs say if Hilldog had won the election and nominated 3 Goldman-Sachs people and the former CEO of Exxon-Mobil?? Generally speaking are billionaires considered to be populists??

how about his daughter taking coffee meetings for 60k after all the bull**** about pay to play?

how about not taking intelligence briefings cause he doesn't have time but has time to meet with Kanye West?

how about him charging rent in his own building to the Secret Service so he doesn't have to move to the White House?

How about all the jobs and stores being affected on the road that Trump tower is on cause he is saying he is going to stay there and affecting peoples livelihood when all he says he cares about is jobs?

it's such a sham. if only we knew how much he wasn't actually worth so we could find out how much he fleeces the american people out of this. he will finally have found a way to turn a profit
    Last edited by goldfly; 12-16-2016 at 03:08 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I for one would not go within an explosions distance of Trump towers.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    For your first question, if Obama is a fascist and Congress stonewalls, then good for Congress.

On your second paragraph. I agree with you on the hypocrisy. To answer your second question, I think a good chunk of billionaires are populists. And populism is not a good thing.
    Maybe when they started out, but I'll pretty much guarantee you that they lose any semblance of populism after they make their first million. Remember that the Latin root of populism is populi, meaning "the people" or the collective. Outside of putting their names on libraries, the 1% don't give much credence to the dreams of the 99%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The dynamic between the US/Russia/China is going to be fascinating moving forward. It feels like there is a groundswell of animosity towards China on the world stage right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-16-2016), Runnin (12-18-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    just lining his own pockets

Trump paid $12.5 million to his own businesses during race

Donald Trump paid nearly $12.5 million to his own businesses and family members during his 18-month campaign for president, a CNN review of federal reports shows.
    The biggest beneficiary was Tag Air Inc., a Trump-owned company that operates his airplanes and was paid $8.7 million. The next biggest payment -- $2.2 million -- went to Trump Payroll Corp. and Trump Tower Commercial LLC.

One campaign finance watchdog said no candidate had ever run so much of a campaign's spending through his own businesses.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/16/news...fec/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    She had a private email server. WikiLeaks hinted at CF was the potential for possible wrong doing.
    Maybe

Pay for play they called it
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    For your first question, if Obama is a fascist and Congress stonewalls, then good for Congress.

On your second paragraph. I agree with you on the hypocrisy. To answer your second question, I think a good chunk of billionaires are populists. And populism is not a good thing.
    Sorry I'm a little behind in responding to a couple of posts. The end of the semesters just seems to get crazier and crazier, I just seem to get older and slower and not capable of keeping up.

OK first, conservatives always act like Obama never gave them a chance but we both know they were obstructionists from day 1. What was McConnell's statement about how the president needed to "consult with Congress" about legislation? I disagree with the current president on many different things, but this Congress is IMO perhaps the worst Congress since 1860. But of course one of the chief tenets of the Repubs' favorite kind of history (revisionist) is to rearrange the dates, the facts, etc., just like they did down in TX when they adopted the new textbooks for their public schools that only mentioned the facts they wanted mentioned and then put that American Exceptionalism spin on everything.

On the populist thing, that really wasn't my best choice in wording, but what I was trying to say was to ask how many billionaires got that way by helping regular folks make a living, let alone anything over just a living. Even Bill Gates, who would certainly seem to be at or towards the top of billionaires who give money to many different charities, he wasn't that way "back in the day". And I'm not talking about "giving money away" here, I"m talking about starting businesses, providing jobs that actually pay a living wage, not outsourcing, not hiding your wealth in offshore accounts or overseas.

The American people fell for another line of "I'm going to help YOU" BS from yet another candidate last month, not that they had a great alternative, but if Hilldog had won and had nominated the kinds of reptiles "straight outta the swamp" whose charge was to be draining that same swamp, you guys would already be having a hernia, just like you're accusing the Dems of now, but of course then it would be just you guys pointing out the obvious. Don't worry, our president elect will get around to you too, especially your boy "Lyin' Ted". Donald J Trump always gets around to payback and revenge for anyone who crosses him, which now that I think of it may be his biggest single qualification for being in charge of the very swamp of Washington DC that he claims to want to drain. When was the last time either party did anything major that wasn't about some sort of payback for something the other side had done to wrong them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump is a temperamental pot-stirrer. Allowing him to the Oval Office looks more dangerous than any terrorist organization. I still can't believe serious people voted for him.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trump is a temperamental pot-stirrer. Allowing him to the Oval Office looks more dangerous than any terrorist organization. I still can't believe serious people voted for him.
    Well, it is not like the Democrats provided a better, well maybe marginally better person, than their candidate. Bernie would have won but noooooo, they wanted the Clinton legacy to continue/first women president. I wanted Bernie because he is an Independent and I know most of his bat s hit stuff he wanted wasn't going to pass.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The dynamic between the US/Russia/China is going to be fascinating moving forward. It feels like there is a groundswell of animosity towards China on the world stage right now.
    In a similar way as there's a "groundswell" against the US. When you have the power to bring financial stability or ruin, lots of people will hate you. I'd much rather stay buddy buddy with China than Russia. It isn't russia who owns billions of dollars in Treasury Bonds.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    In a similar way as there's a "groundswell" against the US. When you have the power to bring financial stability or ruin, lots of people will hate you. I'd much rather stay buddy buddy with China than Russia. It isn't russia who owns billions of dollars in Treasury Bonds.
    Let them call the bonds. Our response would be just as impact full to China's economy. China has been adversarial to America for decades. Something big is going to happen soon. Hope it's not catastrophic.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Let them call the bonds. Our response would be just as impact full to China's economy. China has been adversarial to America for decades. Something big is going to happen soon. Hope it's not catastrophic.
    If China has been adversarial to the US what do you call your buddy Russia?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If China has been adversarial to the US what do you call your buddy Russia?
    Accessory before, during, and after the fact? There isn't an uproar about Russia role in the election because the Repubs won the election and whatever role Russia played in it, small, medium, or large (I tend to think small to may medium) doesn't matter because they decided it wasn't important. Can you imagine the BEOTCHING that would be going on had the shoe been on the other foot?

I know most of you guys like sports of some sort. If the team you hate, I"d say the Yankmees, the vaGiants, just to give a couple of examples lose a game or even a playoff game or series because they get royally screwed by the refs/umpires how upset are you??? Now if the same thing happens to YOUR team how upset are you? I hate to pull out another one of my old standbys but if you don't get just as upset when your enemy gets cheated then you don't have any moral grounds to get upset when your own team gets cheated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    You remember when people said you can't have Hillary cause of perceived pay for play situations

Well, we have a soon to be president who obviously
    Is doing pay for play by pushing govts to change hotels to trump hotels

But yeah, he's not corrupt

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    You remember when people said you can't have Hillary cause of perceived pay for play situations

Well, we have a soon to be president who obviously
    Is doing pay for play by pushing govts to change hotels to trump hotels

But yeah, he's not corrupt
    They won't let it happen as that is impeachable right there. I know it is hard to impeach a president, Slick Willie can attest to that. But Trump knows he will be watched like a hawk for any missteps.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    They won't let it happen as that is impeachable right there. I know it is hard to impeach a president, Slick Willie can attest to that. But Trump knows he will be watched like a hawk for any missteps.
    If it's his children doing the dealing there's that loophole.

Trump knows he's being watched right now and all he has to do is blame the media. lol
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    My boy - Congressman Justin Amash - is demanding evidence on the Russia hacking claims.

I have a hunch he'll never get any.

Link