Page 519 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 194194695095175185195205215295696191019 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    For various reasons, I think Mueller will go easy on Sessions. I do think the depositions he takes from Sessions and Rod Rosenstein will be the most consequential of the whole investigation. Consequential for Trump.
    I think there is a possibility that he would be a cooperative witness in an obstruction case...if he has any kind of exposure there or elsewhere. Otherwise I imagine he'll just turtle up.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Agreed. A large number of people conceding employment shouldn't be calculated as a positive in any formula.

At the same time, the same formula was used to widely applaud the previous administration on jobs, so it would be hypocritical of that group to find qualms with it now.
    Luckily, I wasn't one of those people, so I can be a fairly critical as I want now.

There are several classes of dropouts from the labor market.

My point is with 1-3 above, the 4% unemployment rate might really be the 4% unemployment rate. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    My skepticism does not concern itself solely with the "dropouts from the labor market", but moreover—and probably more importantly—the kind of labor being marked by that catch-all statistical heuristic. I suspect—just as was the case under President Obama—that a lot of folks are nominally employed, but are not satisfactorily employed.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    There it is, that's his tell

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (11-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    After becoming commerce secretary, Wilbur L. Ross Jr. retained investments in a shipping firm he once controlled that has significant business ties to a Russian oligarch subject to American sanctions and President Vladimir V. Putin’s son-in-law, according to newly disclosed documents.

The shipper, Navigator Holdings, earns millions of dollars a year transporting gas for one of its top clients, a giant Russian energy company called Sibur, whose owners include the oligarch and Mr. Putin’s family member. Despite selling off numerous other holdings to join the Trump administration and spearhead its “America first” trade policy, Mr. Ross kept an investment in Navigator, which increased its business dealings with Sibur even as the West sought to punish Russia’s energy sector over Mr. Putin’s incursions into Ukraine.

Partnerships used by Mr. Ross, whose private equity firm has long been the biggest shareholder in Navigator, have a 31 percent stake in the company. Though his personal share of that stake was reduced as he took office in February, he retained an investment in the partnerships valued between $2 million and $10 million, and stood to earn a higher share of profits as general partner, according to his government ethics disclosure and securities filings.

Mr. Ross’s stake in Navigator has been held by a chain of companies in the Cayman Islands, one of several tax havens where much of his wealth, estimated at more than $2 billion, has been tied to similar investment vehicles. Details of these arrangements surfaced in a cache of leaked files from Appleby, one of the world’s largest offshore law firms, which administered some 50 companies and partnerships in the Caymans and elsewhere connected to Mr. Ross.

The Appleby documents, obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, were shared with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists and other media organizations, including The New York Times. They show how the Bermuda-based Appleby worked to help the wealthy elite, from Russian oligarchs to Middle Eastern princes, as well as multinational corporations like Apple and Nike, avoid billions of dollars in taxes.

In addition to Mr. Ross, the files contain references to other members of the Trump administration, including Gary D. Cohn, the chief economic adviser who was associated with 22 Bermuda entities while an executive at Goldman Sachs, and Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, who was a director of a Bermuda-based joint venture with the government of Yemen when he ran Exxon Mobil’s operations there. There is no evidence of illegality in any of their dealings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/w...T.nav=top-news
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-05-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

CK86 (11-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    In fall 2010, the Russian billionaire investor Yuri Milner took the stage for a Q. and A. at a technology conference in San Francisco. Mr. Milner, whose holdings have included major stakes in Facebook and Twitter, is known for expounding on everything from the future of social media to the frontiers of space travel. But when someone asked a question that had swirled around his Silicon Valley ascent — who were his investors? — he did not answer, turning repeatedly to the moderator with a look of incomprehension.

Now, leaked documents examined by The New York Times offer a partial answer: Behind Mr. Milner’s investments in Facebook and Twitter were hundreds of millions of dollars from the Kremlin.

Obscured by a maze of offshore shell companies, the Twitter investment was backed by VTB, a Russian state-controlled bank often used for politically strategic deals.

And a big investor in Mr. Milner’s Facebook deal received financing from Gazprom Investholding, another government-controlled financial institution, according to the documents. They include a cache of records from the Bermuda law firm Appleby that were obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and reviewed by The Times in collaboration with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.

Ultimately, Mr. Milner’s companies came to own more than 8 percent of Facebook and 5 percent of Twitter, helping earn him a place on various lists of the world’s most powerful business people. His companies sold those holdings several years ago, but he retains investments in several other large technology companies and continues to make new deals. Among Mr. Milner’s current investments is a real estate venture founded and partly owned by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and White House adviser.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/w...er-russia.html

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Looks like Kushner's ties to Milner might be problematic in light of his statement to the Senate Intelligence Committee, in which he declared "I have not relied on Russian funds to finance my business activities in the private sector."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    CNN should lose their license. Purposefully peddling misinformation.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Looks like Kushner's ties to Milner might be problematic in light of his statement to the Senate Intelligence Committee, in which he declared "I have not relied on Russian funds to finance my business activities in the private sector."
    Given the track record of deception and lack of disclosure, I can't fathom how this guy still has a job and a security clearance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    CNN should lose their license. Purposefully peddling misinformation.
    what license do you think they should lose?

please, be specific

the irony of the 2nd part isn't lost on me
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (11-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump said, “So my relationship with Shinzo got off to quite a rocky start because I never ran for office, and here I am. But I never ran, so I wasn’t very experienced. And after I had won, everybody was calling me from all over the world. I never knew we had so many countries.”
    a sitting president who said he is intelligent and has the best words said that at a foreign state dinner

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Carter Page the anti-hero?
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Given the track record of deception and lack of disclosure, I can't fathom how this guy still has a job and a security clearance.
    Well, he's the goon-in-chief's son-in-law.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    a sitting president who said he is intelligent and has the best words said that at a foreign state dinner

In a way he is the most honest president we have ever had. No one else would freely admit to things like this.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Facts Do Matter‏ @WilDonnelly

BREAKING: Department of Justice has finally decided to end prosecution of the woman who laughed at Jeff Sessions.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Everyone is more unpopular than ever

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politi...xes/index.html

Poll: Views of Democratic Party hit lowest mark in 25 years

Favorable views of the Democratic Party have dropped to their lowest mark in more than a quarter century of polling, according to new numbers from a CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Dems didn't cover there tracks well enough in the Russian lawyer meeting setup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Dems didn't cover there tracks well enough in the Russian lawyer meeting setup.

Lol, this is why at times I feel you are just trolling.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    thanks for the blue tsunami happening today, trump :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Lol, this is why at times I feel you are just trolling.
    Explanation for meeting before and after then is???
    Natural Immunity Croc