Page 52 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Should Mr. Trump make good on such promises, he would take aim at not only his own brand, but his daughter’s as well.

Mr. Trump doesn’t stand to lose much. While his goods are largely manufactured overseas, most of his retail ventures have gone the way of Trump vodka and steaks. And what products can be found — at his hotels and golf courses and on Amazon sold by independent sellers — are the vestiges of a mostly defunct clothing line or sporadic shipments of Trump sweatshirts and hats.

Ivanka Trump’s company, by contrast, is the type of operation that Mr. Trump is squarely aiming for. Her shoes and dresses largely retail for less than $150. Coats cost as much as $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/section/sport...ion=BrowseTree
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Maybe he should just place the blogger on "investigative hold" until he confesses to a crime. All the **** your worried Trump will do is already happening.
    Were you not paying attention when Trump had a reporter from Telemundo physically removed from his press conference, August 2015 ?
    Bums rushed if you will
    Oh yeah, you voted for Gary Johnson .

Stupid question, you obviously weren't paying attention.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Men obviously don't care who they use the bathroom with, but you don't understand why tween girls to young women might be a bit concerned if any man is suddenly legally allowed to use the same bathroom? It's pretty reasonable to have a law to only allow those who truly have gender dysphoria use whatever bathroom fits their disorder.

With that in mind, when it comes to the issue of social justice, the trans bathroom laws are way down the list of importance. Social justice is a major issue, but it mostly has to do with the general concept rather than trying to figure out how to work with those who have mental disabilities.

I don't disagree, but for the life of me, I simply cannot understand all the foo-for-all about the transgender bathroom issue. I doubt many tween girls get that bent out of shape by having a transitioning transgendered person in their rest room. They probably get a laugh out of it more than anything else. The parents are likely more upset than the kids are.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-03-2017), jpx7 (01-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Were you not paying attention when Trump had a reporter from Telemundo physically removed from his press conference, August 2015 ?
    Bums rushed if you will
    Oh yeah, you voted for Gary Johnson .

Stupid question, you obviously weren't paying attention.
    What do you think happens when you disrupt a press conference by trying to engage Trump before he was called on. What do you think would happen if a fox news reporter started trying to engage Hillary about any number of her scandals without being called on? Trump wasn't even President, I assume reporters have been tossed from quite a few press conferences over the years.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    [/B]

I don't disagree, but for the life of me, I simply cannot understand all the foo-for-all about the transgender bathroom issue. I doubt many tween girls get that bent out of shape by having a transitioning transgendered person in their rest room. They probably get a laugh out of it more than anything else. The parents are likely more upset than the kids are.
    I think I've posted this before, but a friend a mine (a devout Christian and usual Repub voter) put this better than anyone else I've heard to this point. For those who are worried about some of these "individuals" who are now using the restroom with your daughters, just remember up until recently they were using the bathroom with your sons and you didn't seem to think anything about that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-03-2017)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but a friend a mine (a devout Christian and usual Repub voter) put this better than anyone else I've heard to this point. For those who are worried about some of these "individuals" who are now using the restroom with your daughters, just remember up until recently they were using the bathroom with your sons and you didn't seem to think anything about that.
    What I find objectionable in all instances is that transgendered individuals somehow should automatically be classified as pedophiles. I know several transgendered individuals (male-to-female) and none of them strike me as people who would abuse a child (of course, I don't know--or I don't think I know--any pedophiles so I can't say I really have an accurate frame of reference). I can understand people's discomfort, but I just don't get the fear.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-03-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    What I find objectionable in all instances is that transgendered individuals somehow should automatically be classified as pedophiles. I know several transgendered individuals (male-to-female) and none of them strike me as people who would abuse a child (of course, I don't know--or I don't think I know--any pedophiles so I can't say I really have an accurate frame of reference). I can understand people's discomfort, but I just don't get the fear.
    Yeah, it's touchy and there are LOTS of different angles and sub-angles to the whole story. I"m sure there are some cases where a transgender or a person whose even confused about their gender identity may be a pedophile but I think if we knew the whole story and all the statistics a majority of pedophiles either identify or at least are semi-practicing heteros, how else can they blend in enough to get the opportunity to molest children, but hey who am I to say?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    [/B]

I think the bathroom issue is difficult to discuss in general terms, and needs to be broken down to specific items.
    The problem in NC was that there was suddenly no legal recourse to keep any man out of any women's bathroom. Not just a man who got some hormone replacement and a tuck job. It wasn't even limited to men to who are dressed in a feminine way.
    Nope.
    If your daughter is in the ladies room and Herc the 380 lb hairy biker dude walks in, well, that's ok. He's probably just been listening to too much Shania Twain so he feels like a woman.
    Oh, and to be sure we are as "inclusive" as possible, the law had to be written specifically to include shower, locker, and dressing rooms as well.
    And just in case any of those darn Christians have the idea that God knew what he was doing when he handed out sex organs, the law had to specifically mention that it applied on church property.

And if you don't like any of that then you're a bigot. Because the Left is Tolerant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    who is Shania Twain ?

I would guess that well over 60% of college dorms are co-ed.
    Many many restaurants and public places have uni-sex bathrooms.

in life outside of the Stahns, this isn't a problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    who is Shania Twain ?

I would guess that well over 60% of college dorms are co-ed.
    Many many restaurants and public places have uni-sex bathrooms.

in life outside of the Stahns, this isn't a problem
    Do you actually believe that is an apples for apples comparison?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Oh cool. Might as well make everyone live that way then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Again, who is Shania Twain ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 6m6 minutes ago

Trump is very clear. If you want to outsource your products without a stiff penalty, you have to be him, his daughter or, possibly, a donor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ford now keeping their production in the US. Wonder how this will be twisted into it being bad for the country.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Ford now keeping their production in the US. Wonder how this will be twisted into it being bad for the country.
    They realized it would be cheaper to spend half on the billion plus it would cost to move to Mexico to instead refurbish a plant instead. Trump is a genius.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    From CNN- "Fields said his company’s decision to create jobs in America rather than in Mexico is a “vote of confidence” in Trump’s incoming administration and the pro-business environment it will create."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    They realized it would be cheaper to spend half on the billion plus it would cost to move to Mexico to instead refurbish a plant instead. Trump is a genius.
    You don't think they were aware of these costs when they made the initial decision to leave?
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i still laugh at him trying to claim the Sprint jobs

glad some people have some jobs.

don't forget though:

n November, Mr. Trump reached a deal with Carrier to keep roughly 850 jobs at its factory in Indianapolis instead of shifting them to Mexico, which the company said it would do in February. Despite Mr. Trump’s pressure, Carrier and its parent, United Technologies, still plan to move more than 1,000 jobs now in Indiana to Monterrey, Mexico.

They are not the only ones. Another Indianapolis factory, owned by the ball bearing maker Rexnord, also plans to soon leave Indianapolis for Mexico, despite criticism from the president-elect on Twitter and threats to impose steep tariffs on companies that move production abroad.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i still laugh at him trying to claim the Sprint jobs

glad some people have some jobs.

don't forget though:
    Can't force anyone. But he can sure impose those tariffs and see if another company domestically can then compete at a lower price point. Time to worry about making sure Americans are employed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You don't think they were aware of these costs when they made the initial decision to leave?
    Thethe, Trump is an absolutely horrible person and can do no right. Get with the program.