Page 540 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 404404905305385395405415425505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    ...Moore pedophile tweets ....

Isn't what I said or intended but, yeah, guess you could say that.
    I would rather Moore not be elected

Saw a program about the 4 girls killed in the church bombing in Birmingham.
    In fact, John Coltrane wrote a song about it by mimicking the tone and cadence of Dr Kings eulogy
    Song is called alabama,
    #politicalpoints
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    That same NYT that profiled a Nazi from Ohio this morning
    Printed Douhat too
    Gave cover for invasion of Iraq and is as we speak soft shoeing Trumps "problems "

NYT is in no way liberal or left or any of those nonsense words you use
    Really? The same paper that had to apologize to its readers when they were losing subscriptions because they were clearly a conduit of the Democrats during the election.

I love how people are still yrying to pretend the media is not an overwhelming majority of liberals.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Pelosi digging herself a hole after her comments about Conyers.

Just goes to show you, the outrage over Moore wasn't about right/wrong, it was about (R)/(D)
    The left has put themself in a terrible spot on this since they defender ole bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=57668

And the right are the real radicals?

I wonder where this women collected this information to form this opinion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Is that economic collapse almost here? I was told that it was going to happen if Trump won...
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I'd bet on one happening in the next 5-10 years, no doubt. We appear to be in an asset bubble and central banks have left themselves no room to maneuver.

Meanwhile, the current growth in equities is a global one, not specific to the US. Obviously, the US is a leader, but I'd be careful in assigning tons of credit to the Trump election for the recent surge.

Tax reform needs to happen to continue to grow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'd bet on one happening in the next 5-10 years, no doubt. We appear to be in an asset bubble and central banks have left themselves no room to maneuver.

Meanwhile, the current growth in equities is a global one, not specific to the US. Obviously, the US is a leader, but I'd be careful in assigning tons of credit to the Trump election for the recent surge.

Tax reform needs to happen to continue to grow
    Its not assigning credit to Trump but calling out those that said he would destroy the global economy. As long as the corporate rate is slashed and we don't have needless regulation the economy will continue to grow.

In regards to the asset bubble fears that are going around. It depends on the asset that you are talking about. Housing prices are increasing because the demand for housing is always strong. Stock prices are strong because the demand is high since people are forecasting higher earnings due to tax reform.

Of course the economy is always cyclical and its very difficult to predict the next bubble however I'm just not seeing where that crash is imminent aside from the unfunded liabilities in pension plans. But even that is diminishing as the equities/bond markets are delivering.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its not assigning credit to Trump but calling out those that said he would destroy the global economy. As long as the corporate rate is slashed and we don't have needless regulation the economy will continue to grow.

In regards to the asset bubble fears that are going around. It depends on the asset that you are talking about. Housing prices are increasing because the demand for housing is always strong. Stock prices are strong because the demand is high since people are forecasting higher earnings due to tax reform.

Of course the economy is always cyclical and its very difficult to predict the next bubble however I'm just not seeing where that crash is imminent aside from the unfunded liabilities in pension plans. But even that is diminishing as the equities/bond markets are delivering.
    I think asset prices are rising because the alternatives are so low. Bonds are historic lows and of course so are interest rates. No where else to put your money to work besides equities. Not sure how long that can last though. We're at historically overvalued prices now (though not excessively)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    our president is just a garbage human being

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    our president is just a garbage human being

Matt Viser‏Verified account @mviser

President Trump for decades lied about his own heritage, claiming his family was Swedish instead of German. https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...BhJ/story.html
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-27-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    who voted for this wreck of a human ?
    Oh yeah, tax cuts and the mythical repeal of Roe v Wade

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I don't even know what to say about that, other than at this point it really does seem like we're observing pathological behavior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I don't even know what to say about that, other than at this point it really does seem like we're observing pathological behavior.
    The problem isn't Trump. The problem is that 47% of voters voted for someone like that and about 40% continue to give him positive approval ratings. This is for someone who:

1) has a life history of ripping off other people (see "Trump University" and stiffing people who did work for him)
    2) who said a judge couldn't be fair because of his Mexican ancestry
    3) who scapegoats Muslims, Mexicans and other minorities
    4) who has no problem with Russia interfering in our elections
    5) who trafficked in the birther lie
    6) whose treatment of women makes Roy Moore seem like a gentleman

and I could go on.

But I am sorry to say that Trump is not the problem. The problem is the people who still support him after all this. I don't think this is a political issue in the traditional sense of the word politics. It is something much deeper and much worse.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-27-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You're surprised people are voting for policies they believe are in their best interest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    You're surprised people are voting for policies they believe are in their best interest?
    I think we be going around in circles...40 something percent of the people seem to think having him in the white house is a good thing..."in their best interest" to use your formulation...im sorry but I find that disturbing
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I think we be going around in circles...40 something percent of the people seem to think having him in the white house is a good thing..."in their best interest" to use your formulation...im sorry but I find that disturbing
    Of course it is because it keeps someone like open borders Clinton out of office. I'm thankful every day trump won over hillary.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I blame the Democrats for putting Hillary up there. She was not what people want and now we are stuck with this. Granted Hillary would ahve been better in the growing up part of being president but I don't think her policies would reflect on what Americans want. She was about the establishment and could give a rats ass about anyone else as long as her "people" got theirs.

Most people voted against her because of who and what she represent and not the party and Trump came out like a bully and now all the warts and the things people were scared what he would revert to, a business man with no scruples that lies a lot.

Tough when you have to make a schitty choice between two terrible candidates and no viable third party option so people will stick to their party in the end.

As for the 40%, that is a lot but expected and the more his clownish ways come out, it will slip into the 30's and then 20's and when his businesses starts taking some serious hits like now, that is when he will step down to save them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Oklahomahawk (11-27-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    This. At the end of the day, people who actually vote largely eschew the trite sanctimony of public opinion and choose their candidate on the basis of one or two policies. The character angle is overplayed (and oftentimes greatly exaggerated).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This. At the end of the day, people who actually vote largely eschew the trite sanctimony of public opinion and choose their candidate on the basis of one or two policies. The character angle is overplayed (and oftentimes greatly exaggerated).
    Obviously Trump saying Pocahontas affects your life way more than tax cuts