Page 56 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758661061565561056 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    That graphic reminds me of "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

Moral of the story? Government sucks. Let's have less of it.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Medill on the Hill
    ‏@medillonthehill

Betsy DeVos still has $5.3 million in unpaid fines for an election law violation in Ohio 2 days ahead of her confirmation hearing

#emails.
    #corruption
    I am not a fan of DeVos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Do people really have a problem with #8 on that list? I mean, shouldn't the elected lawmakers be able to veto what are basically laws enacted by non-elected lawmakers?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Do people really have a problem with #8 on that list? I mean, shouldn't the elected lawmakers be able to veto what are basically laws enacted by non-elected lawmakers?
    I guess that would depend on who's really behind that "veto" and are they willing to truly be held accountable for it. We know what this is really about right? Corporations that want to make a fortune while also poisoning the environment want to do so without those self-righteous aholes from the EPA telling people about it or trying to fine them, ie fracking, which is why OK is now the earthquake capital of the world. We have watchdogs for a reason, just like we should have regulations for a reason. Get rid of the dumb pointless ones (and I'm talking about the ones that really don't do anything, not the ones that get in the way of said poisoners" and keep the ones that actually protect us from being poisoned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    cant make this up

"When you tried to put civil rights activists in jail you were trying to protect the voting rights of African Americans, is that correct?"

- Sen Cornyn (R) to Sen Sessions (R)
    ////////////////////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Mike Memoli Verified account
    ‏@mikememoli

New Q poll:

Obama job approval: 55%
    Congress job approval: 12%
    Trump handling responsibilities as president-elect: 37% approve

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I blame democrats. With a half decent candidate, Trump would never have been president.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    seems that make america sick again is hitting close to home

Anti-Vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says Trump wants him to chair a commission on vaccines

Robert F. Kennedy met with Donald Trump Tuesday and said the president-elect has asked him to chair a presidential commission on vaccine safety.

Kennedy, descendant of one of America’s most famous political families, is also famous for something else: He’s a leading proponent of the completely discredited conspiracy theory that says thimerosal, a component in vaccinations, can cause autism in children. The notion has been forcefully debunked by a wide body of scientific research and described as dangerous by scientists and doctors across the board.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Unsubstantiated Report Has Compromising Information on Trump, Intelligence Chiefs Say

WASHINGTON — The chiefs of America’s intelligence agencies last week presented President Obama and President-elect Donald J. Trump with a summary of unsubstantiated reports that Russia had collected compromising and salacious personal information about Mr. Trump, two officials with knowledge of the briefing said.

The summary is based on memos generated by political operatives seeking to derail Mr. Trump’s candidacy. Details of the reports began circulating in the fall and were widely known among journalists and politicians in Washington.

The summary was presented as an annex to the intelligence agencies’ report on the Russian hacking of the election, the officials said. The material was not corroborated, and The New York Times has not been able to confirm the claims. But intelligence agencies considered it so potentially explosive that they decided Mr. Obama, Mr. Trump and congressional leaders needed to be told about it and that the agencies were actively investigating it.

Intelligence officials were concerned that the information would leak before they informed Mr. Trump of its existence, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the summary is classified and talking about it would be a felony.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What has Trump done so far since winning the election that's is so bad exactly? I get that people don't like his nominations but Hillary we all know Hillary auctioned off those positions a long time ago to donors. Trump seems to have gone far out of his way to be Presidential since being elected. I doubt he is going to hold Hillary accountable for her crimes which is a big concession to the left.
    Key points:

Regardless of how you feel Hillary may have chosen to appoint her hypothetical Cabinet, that has nothing to do with the people Trump is putting in those positions. My biggest issues with his selections have been the lack of qualifications for some of the posts and the fact that his selections represent an echo chamber for his ideas. I suppose I can understand why both of these things are happening, and am not arguing I'm right about his selections, but as someone who opposed many of Trump's campaign stances, his cabinet is doing nothing to quell my fears.

He's continued to be a petulant child as the President-Elect, tweeting out bull**** about anyone who dares say anything against him, and even showing poor judgement in the handling of his Twitter account with regard to international relations. He also uses Twitter to either tell outright falsehoods or to take credit for things that aren't even his doing and promote himself.

His handling of the Russia situation is an outright disgrace in my opinion. Even if he has some sort of extra information the rest of us, including our intelligence agencies, do not (unlikely), he's still very publicly siding with a foreign state with a poor reputation for morality over our own intelligence people.

Hell, the one thing he was saying in his campaign that I agreed with, which was trying to rectify the lobbyist issue in Washington, has been pretty much abandoned.

Ultimately, President-elect Trump is the same as Presidential candidate Trump, and if you didn't like him before, I see no reason so far to climb aboard the train now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-10-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I see qualifications the other way around. What I think qualifies people for these positions are being outright liars, crooks, and thugs with little empathy or remorse.

I don't know what the problem with Russia is. Putin seems like he wants to prove that America is just as corrupt and immoral as the rest of the world and he isn't wrong. No country that leads the world in incarceration rate has the the right to call itself a free nation or claim any claim to stand on any moral high ground.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Trump was briefed about the Russians having his financials and private information.

Interesting to see how he defends this.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

From WashPo

The officials said that U.S. intelligence agencies have not corroborated those allegations, but believed that the sources involved in the reporting were credible enough to warrant inclusion of their claims in the highly classified report on Russian interference in the presidential campaign.
    Last edited by goldfly; 01-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    FBI has had this info since the summer.
    Why did Comey write that letter ?

and what else do the Russians have ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

From WashPo

The officials said that U.S. intelligence agencies have not corroborated those allegations, but believed that the sources involved in the reporting were credible enough to warrant inclusion of their claims in the highly classified report on Russian interference in the presidential campaign.

Wow that is hilarious. The only people who will hate him for that already hate him. It will only make him more of a legend to the right.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-10-2017 at 08:16 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    This is beyond ridiculous.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-10-2017), jpx7 (01-10-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    It claims that Trump had declined “various sweetener real estate deals offered him in Russia” especially in developments linked to the 2018 World Cup finals but that “he and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals.”

Most explosively, the report alleges: “FSB has compromised Trump through his activities in Moscow sufficiently to be able to blackmail him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Blackmail only works if the person cares about it being released. Trump is going to make billions off of being president, I don't think any business deal is strong enough to blackmail him.

It’s over."