Page 565 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 654655155555635645655665675756156651065 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    She's fantastic at her job - which is to spin the administration's various agendas and positions irrespective of merit or truth. She's done that, with relative grace and professionalism, in spite of a constant onslaught of vile misogyny and disgusting personal attacks. And, of course, a rabidly hostile press.
    that was tough for me to read and i would guess for you to type without laughing or breaking a smile at least

she's garbage at her job

i don't care that she isn't attractive. i care that she out right lies and peddles lies. she doesn't spin, she ****ing outright lies and should have been told to **** off by every reporter when she said she wouldn't take a question without being them starting with saying what they are thankful for
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Considering you have no clue how to defend the first point I understand your response. You don't want minorities to understand how bad immigration has been to them. So if you don't want to acknowledge that fact I don't want to hear the left pretend they actually care about the minorities in this country. All you seem to want to do is import poverty into America which hurts everyone.

Also - Its obvious the left was going to make this play. Its not going to work just like all other shenanigans they have pulled the last 18 months.
    your first point was trying to pit 2 minority groups against each other

you then changed your comment with a different topic in the follow up
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    that was tough for me to read and i would guess for you to type without laughing or breaking a smile at least

she's garbage at her job

i don't care that she isn't attractive. i care that she out right lies and peddles lies. she doesn't spin, she ****ing outright lies and should have been told to **** off by every reporter when she said she wouldn't take a question without being them starting with saying what they are thankful for
    Nah, she's not.

If you want to see garbage, remember Spicer or research Ziegler (who, incidentally, was 29. Sanders is 35, FWIW).

Sanders holds her own. You don't like her because she 'lies' - but that's the nature of the job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The left doesn't care about the truth. They want to remove trump end of story. Pretending this is anything else is a disgrace.
    "The Left" loves Trump being the face of the GOP. It's good for Democrats, as long as he doesn't burn down the government, which he might be capable of doing.

The Press are just sharks and go where the stink is coming from.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Nah, she's not.

If you want to see garbage, remember Spicer or research Ziegler (who, incidentally, was 29. Sanders is 35, FWIW).

Sanders holds her own. You don't like her because she 'lies' - but that's the nature of the job.
    there is a difference between outright lying and spinning

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    While I think she's done fine at her job, I think we need to stop perpetuating the fiction that any WH Press Secretary is dealing with any real "hostility" from the press. It's access journalism, and as symbiotic as it is essentially useless. They're all--including her--doing their jobs and mostly just doing a well-choreographed dance which mostly redounds to the benefit of the WH anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Nah, she's not.

She's good at the aggressive pushback. She's 10X better than Spicer, though that also probably means she's way more likely to be a sociopath.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    While I think she's done fine at her job, I think we need to stop perpetuating the fiction that any WH Press Secretary is dealing with any real "hostility" from the press. It's access journalism, and as symbiotic as it is essentially useless. They're all--including her--doing their jobs and mostly just doing a well-choreographed dance which mostly redounds to the benefit of the WH anyway.
    yep

if done properly that is

instead, like today, she stood up there and called the media "fake news"

she's garbage in my book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In the least surprising news of the day, Nikki Haley still wants to be president and doesn't think that handcuffing herself to the deck of the Titanic is the best way to go about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    your first point was trying to pit 2 minority groups against each other

you then changed your comment with a different topic in the follow up
    No I did not pit two minorities against each other. I put Americans vs non Americans and rhats the way it should be.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Acosta's behavior this afternoon (for example) ... ain't access journalism. There's an element of symbiosis here as it pertains to the narrative of an overzealous, unscrupulous media, but press decorum has decidedly leapt out of the window over the past year. That's what I am referring to here.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    yep

if done properly that is

instead, like today, she stood up there and called the media "fake news"

she's garbage in my book
    She got up there and said the media was intentionally spreading false information.

Then walked out of the roof without providing meaningful specificity. Or tripping over her tongue.

And so the headlines read.

But, yeah, she's bad at her job. Gimme a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Acosta's behavior this afternoon (for example) ... ain't access journalism. There's an element of symbiosis here as it pertains to the narrative of an overzealous, unscrupulous media, but press decorum has decidedly leapt out of the window over the past year. That's what I am referring to here.
    If you meet an asshole one day, you met an asshole. If you meet an asshole every day, maybe you're the asshole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Somehow the GOP has to figure out how to reach minority youth and explain to them that a strong immigration policy helps them more than anyone else.
    What needs to be made clear to low income / low educated Americans is that illegal immigration
    these 2 statements aren't the same thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    these 2 statements aren't the same thethe
    Those are the same two things.

Please tell me what two races I putting against each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    but press decorum has decidedly leapt out of the window over the past year.
    oh ****ing please

i expect something like this from the likes of thethe

edit: oh ****, i thought this was hawk posting that nonsense. lol thankfully it was the person i would think would say something so absurd like that. lol

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    If you meet an asshole one day, you met an asshole. If you meet an asshole every day, maybe you're the asshole.
    But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil:
    but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right
    cheek, turn to him the other also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Seriously, though, do you think that the President turning the twitter trolls loose on individual journalists and organizations is helping the temperature in the room?

I have a hard time keeping a straight face when you're criticizing media decorum but shrugging off the Trump Show as "endearing."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    oh ****ing please

i expect something like this from the likes of thethe

edit: oh ****, i thought this was hawk posting that nonsense. lol thankfully it was the person i would think would say something so absurd like that. lol
    That was hawk who said this and I wholeheartedly agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Seriously, though, do you think that the President turning the twitter trolls loose on individual journalists and organizations is helping the temperature in the room?

I have a hard time keeping a straight face when you're criticizing media decorum but shrugging off the Trump Show as "endearing."
    Oh and the press hasn't unleashed an army of sheep with their responsible reporting?