User Tag List

Page 572 of 982 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 19640

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #11421
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    3,021
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 984 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

    Hawk (12-15-2017)

  3. #11422
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the facts don't back your bull****:

    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (12-16-2017)

  5. #11423
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 879 Times in 519 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    When the facts don't back your bull****:

    This might be controversial, but I believe we should be embracing science and evidence when combatting infectious diseases.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (12-16-2017),Julio3000 (12-16-2017)

  7. #11424
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the communities thoughts on the Visa lottery and chain migration? Keep these two acts?
    Warm feelings guy!

  8. #11425
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,494
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    When the facts don't back your bull****:

    Looks to be following the lead of our esteemed higher education establishments

  9. #11426
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Agreed. The CIA has a long history of disrupting elections and installing right-wing leaders; there's no reason we should suddenly distrust them.
    This is a post from @jpx7 back on 12/12/2016. I don't believe JPX7 has commented on the FBI/DOG revelations in the past few weeks but I think its safe to say CIA could have been subsituted with either of those and its still valid.

    Lets not pretend this is a right wing conspiracy to undermine the always perfect and virtuous FBI.
    Warm feelings guy!

  10. #11427
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    As long as the following items are addressed, specifically 1/2/3, I will consider my support and vote well worth it:

    1) Stronger stance against Islamic Terrorism - We all know how I feel on the matter. The West is incredibly naive what this threat is not only in the present but even moreso in the future. The route we heading to under Obama was simply not acceptable. This is a LARGE group, yes a large one despite what the skeptics say, that just want Western Civilization to crumble. We need to vigilant, assertive and show more resolve in order to push the enemy back. Obama has been an utter disaster of a President and specifically his foreign policy. He will go down in infamy for the rest of time when he called ISIS the JV team. What this administration just did to Israel is a disgrace. Nobody knows the threat and the evil that is Radical Islam better than Israel. And now there are reports that the US orchestrated this whole vote but then abstained. Sounds right up Obamas alley. Its a joke what has happened under his watch and every single American citizen should be cursing Obama for what mess he has left the next generation.

    2) Create an environment that encourages AMERICAN business to grow domestically - I'm sick of the outsourcing. This isn't a selfish sentiment either as I am fortunate enough where I'm in a profession which hasn't suffered all that much outsourcing. However, we need jobs back (even menial ones) for American citizens. If that means a 25k per year customer service position out in Wyoming then great. That 25k is better here than it is in India. Once the corporate tax rate is lowered to 15% (probably the very first thing Trump does) these jobs will come back. It also will be a nice advertising ploy for these companies as the world sentiment is against globalization. 'Buy here - we hire Americans!' I am a top-down guy and believe that only through these tactics will real wealth be back in America. I don't care for the globalists in this world that take money from the middle class and put them in their pockets.

    3) Secure our borders / Toughen up on Immigration - This goes a lot with point 1 because I think its a national security risk. Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing some illegal Mexicans/Salvadorians/etc... get shipped back home but the intelligence has already specified that Islamic Groups are using our sourthern border to infiltrate our country. It needs to be locked up ASAP and give power to the border agents to do their job. There are many stories that have surfaced in the last 6 months about men who have been repeatedly deported for crimes and are never processed correctly and stay in the country. This is outrageous. A country is defined by its borders and there is nothing racist/xenophobic/Islamaphobic/etc.. about it. I will say that I worry about what deporting too many Hispanics fromt he country will do. OVerwhelming majority are productive and help the rest of the country. I think whats going to end up happening is the following: a) Violent criminals are deported b) Wall will be built c) Amnesty talks will start on existing illegals in the country (and I think that isn't necessarily a bad thing).

    4) Infrastructure Plan - Let's spend some money on getting our country up to date with modern building techniques. A good way to get Americans back to work hopefully and maybe Trump could actually help cut waste doing such a large project where he is familiar with a lot of the players and plays.

    5) Radically change the education system - Our schools are a disaster. This is another factor that leads to the racial/economic divide in this country. Majority of bad schools, at least here in NY, are in minority areas. That severely disadvantages them when they get into the working world. My preference is to privatize all education but that endeavor is just too difficult to accomplish. For now I would be happy with letting local jurisdictions (even more granular than the state level) decide how the youth will be educated. Of course oversight will be required to ensure that minimum standards are being used as a guideline. Most importantly though we need to hold students/parents/administrations accountable. Too much is laid on the feet of our teachers. Their jobs are incredibly difficult and are given no support to properly discipline their students.

    6) Social Justice needs to be scaled back - Do I need to say more? Enough of transgender bathrooms.

    I'm sure I missed some but these are some of the things I'm looking to get done the next 4 and hopefully 8 years.


    Post from 12/31/16:

    Well, looks like 1-3 is accomplished. Can't take the focus off those because there is still much to do:

    1) ISIS has been pushed back but they are now spread across the world. I like how Trump and his administration has built a coalition of Muslim nations. Further, the modernization of Saudi Arabia is intriguing. At this point we need to work with Russia to really put a stranglehold on this disease infecting the earth

    2) Cutting of regulations / Tax reform - Nough said. Markest are doing great. Job numbers are great. Earnings are great. Seriously, how could anyone be upset with the economic performance of the Trump presidency thus far?

    3) Illegal border crossings are down. ICE allowed to do their jobs. However, this is a failure if the wall isn't built.

    4) Think this is going to happen as the economy continues to improve. MOre jobs equals less entitlements as well as additional tax revenues. I think that will be reinvested into infrastructure projects.

    5) This hasn't happened yet and needs to. The education system is breeding a pathetic crop of radical children who are destabilizing the nation.

    6) Hasn't stopped yet and unfortunately I doubt it ever will.
    Warm feelings guy!

  11. #11428
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by goldfly; 12-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  12. #11429
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 879 Times in 519 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Looks to be following the lead of our esteemed higher education establishments
    I can see your point regarding terms like transgender and fetus, because at least they're pushing their ****ty agenda with that, but maybe we shouldn't both sides ****ing science in medicine.

  13. #11430
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,494
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I can see your point regarding terms like transgender and fetus, because at least they're pushing their ****ty agenda with that, but maybe we shouldn't both sides ****ing science in medicine.
    Our friend julio often mocks me for being cautious of slippery slopes of policing any speech... this is what I mean. When you open the door to policing free speech that you don't like, things will follow

  14. #11431
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the false equivalency of a branch of the gov't telling science what they can say no matter where the science takes em

    isn't like a college asking for people to use certain terms when it comes to how someone would like to be referred to when it comes to gender etc
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  15. #11432
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    3,021
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 984 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE: goldy's #11428 - Nazareth has a high Arabic population, including Muslims and Christians. That particular decision only hurts Nazareth.


    P.S. And I would have advocated recognizing West Jerusalem, not all of Jerusalem.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 12-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

  16. #11433
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    This might be controversial, but I believe we should be embracing science and evidence when combatting infectious diseases.
    quit being such a radical

    just pray
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  17. #11434
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    3,021
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 984 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Our friend julio often mocks me for being cautious of slippery slopes of policing any speech... this is what I mean. When you open the door to policing free speech that you don't like, things will follow

    Is it just me, but do most of those phrases/terms/words sound more political than they do scientific? Seem like fine terminology to use in op-eds and news articles and the like though. Dunno.

    CDC, like any branch of our huge bureaucracy, isn't above politics. I follow several National Park pages on Facebook and whether i should be or not, I'm always taken back by the postings of the good folks at Acadia National Park in Maine. They make (or at least made) no bones about where their allegiances are (or at least where the poster's allegiances are).

  18. #11435
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,029
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,389 Times in 4,903 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Our friend julio often mocks me for being cautious of slippery slopes of policing any speech... this is what I mean. When you open the door to policing free speech that you don't like, things will follow
    Except that this is not a new development. Exactly the same thing happened the last time the religio-cultural warriors and petro-mercenaries were running these agencies.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (12-16-2017)

  20. #11436
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (12-16-2017)

  22. #11437
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Revision of 4th quarter annualized GDP now at 4%. Hysterical how wrong everyone was. Now with tax reform we are going to be pumping.

    Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it.

  23. #11438
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    3,021
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 984 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Except that this is not a new development. Exactly the same thing happened the last time the religio-cultural warriors and petro-mercenaries were running these agencies.

    It happens with every administration for each has their loyal religion-cultural warriors and corporate interests.

  24. #11439
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,258
    Thanks
    3,006
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thethe is like the romans talking to Judas


    "hey, Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it. you just have to sell our soul"
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  25. #11440
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,562
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    thethe is like the romans talking to Judas


    "hey, Good times for everyone in the future. You just have to want to be a part of it. you just have to sell our soul"
    And how are we exactly selling out soul?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •