Page 626 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166246256266276286366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,520 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Well for one, a larger percentage of Black people actually voted in 08 and 12, while a lower percentage of white people voted in those years. In 2016, the percentage of Black voters dropped significantly, as much as 5% while the percentage of white voters increased for the first time since before Obama was elected.
    But if the country was full of racists why would they not vote against the black dude?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    and at what cost ?

A few years back it was in Right Wing vogue to drug test unemployment recipients.
    They (State of Florida for one) soon learned it cost far more to drug test people who weren't on drugs ( the percentage that were was minuscule ) than it was to carry on as it was.

A solution looking for a problem.

From the numbers I have seen and taking into consideration the track record of the people advocating this nonsense -- this doesn't look that much different
    At what cost? Have you heard of somethi by called a computer? You can eliminate many from further inspection quite easily.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It's purpose is to eliminate abuses. The ones who need it will still have business as usual
    Wouldn't it make more sense to go after the doctors who abuse it? I know of a few doctors around here who were caught "padding the bills" so to speak and they were given a fine, which I'm sure hurt, but apparently not enough to stop it. Also a friend of mine has a friend who he went to high school (and maybe even some college) with who through no original fault of his own got addicted to pain killers, went through rehab more than the Rolling Stones, and finally after about his 5th try finally kicked it for good (hopefully) and now works for the states or feds (not sure which) investigating doctors who write opioid scripts like they skittles, since he knew what to look for and what questions to ask. I don't think this is stopped the problem around here but from what I hear it has made things better. Maybe they need to find a punishment that works on the doctors' side abuse and maybe offer some sort of "real reward" for people who report actual offenders that might help close the other end. Oh and let's not forget the departments who are supposed to investigate these things. My daughter worked for the DHS in the county where we live for a little over a year before she decided to go back to school to finish her masters. She never named names, but the stories she told of the **** she saw was literally so bad that if you all knew it you'd long for the days when things were only as bad as the rumors you hear.

Oh, and my purpose is not to criticize any person per se, just eliminate the abuses so that people who really need it and really deserve/qualify for it can always have it available.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to go after the doctors who abuse it? I know of a few doctors around here who were caught "padding the bills" so to speak and they were given a fine, which I'm sure hurt, but apparently not enough to stop it. Also a friend of mine has a friend who he went to high school (and maybe even some college) with who through no original fault of his own got addicted to pain killers, went through rehab more than the Rolling Stones, and finally after about his 5th try finally kicked it for good (hopefully) and now works for the states or feds (not sure which) investigating doctors who write opioid scripts like they skittles, since he knew what to look for and what questions to ask. I don't think this is stopped the problem around here but from what I hear it has made things better. Maybe they need to find a punishment that works on the doctors' side abuse and maybe offer some sort of "real reward" for people who report actual offenders that might help close the other end. Oh and let's not forget the departments who are supposed to investigate these things. My daughter worked for the DHS in the county where we live for a little over a year before she decided to go back to school to finish her masters. She never named names, but the stories she told of the **** she saw was literally so bad that if you all knew it you'd long for the days when things were only as bad as the rumors you hear.

Oh, and my purpose is not to criticize any person per se, just eliminate the abuses so that people who really need it and really deserve/qualify for it can always have it available.
    All abuses of taxpayers dollars should be investigated to the fullest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    All abuses of taxpayers dollars should be investigated to the fullest.
    I think OKHawks point is why target the most vulnerable in the system
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Every abuser is treated equally in my eyes.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Yes and why not punish everyone according to their level of cheating/abuse? It's kind of like that whole "drug test anyone who gets federal money" but then the only ones who seem to ever get tested are poor welfare recipients. Hey if you want to test them fine, if you can afford it, but what about upper management, CEOs, CFOs, salesmen, etc., in major corporations who get corporate welfare? You know some of those guys use as well. Why aren't they tested and punished if they use illegal stuff? I'm just saying we should investigate all abuses, not just the ones talk radio rants on about.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Every abuser is treated equally in my eyes.
    Good, but unfortunately your eyes don't set forth the punishment for them. I know you're a rabid Trump supporter and that's your right, but I've also seen where you've criticized him about some of his stupid stuff. That's at least some hope of fairness. Fairness is what we need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Good, but unfortunately your eyes don't set forth the punishment for them. I know you're a rabid Trump supporter and that's your right, but I've also seen where you've criticized him about some of his stupid stuff. That's at least some hope of fairness. Fairness is what we need.
    Appreciate that you've noticed. I do try to be impartial in evaluating the performance of the administration. I will tend to be more positive but that's because trump has kept a good portion of his core promises

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    https://shareblue.com/trump-may-have...-doctors-note/

It’s unclear why the White House would feel the need to release a fake doctor’s note. It does appear that Trump underwent an actual medical exam — according to Reuters, he spent more than three hours with the doctor — but for some reason, it seems that the White House wasn’t satisfied with the results.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Appreciate that you've noticed. I do try to be impartial in evaluating the performance of the administration. I will tend to be more positive but that's because trump has kept a good portion of his core promises
    We should all strive for fairness and equality, I will put myself at the top of that list. As for the current president you can either look at it as "he's my president" or "we're stuck with him". Either way it doesn't really change anything, I try to be positive if I can and some days he makes it a lot easier than others. ;)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    did y'all see ya boy got caught lying about his physical
    again!!

You voted for a pathological liar

but you knew that. then did get your $3 a day bonus so ...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But if the country was full of racists why would they not vote against the black dude?
    A good portion likely did vote against him, or at least didn't like Romney or McCain/Palin enough to even vote. The increase in percentage of Black voters along with the decrease in white voters played a very large factor into Obama getting elected. The numbers bare that out.

In this election while there was a record number of voters, only whites and Asians saw a slight increase in the percentage of voters. Both Hispanics and Blacks (both groups of people that have low support for Trump) saw a decline in the percentage of voters. Had the Dems ran basically anyone other than Hillary, they would have won in a landslide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Had the Dems ran basically anyone other than Hillary, they would have won in a landslide.
    Yes - this is the reason Trump won... not a country full of racists coming to vote for him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yes - this is the reason Trump won... not a country full of racists coming to vote for him
    Exactly. HRC was a disaster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Haven't we been told that indictments are a big deal? Funny how this doesn't get discussed at all.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    boo hoo hoo
    This is why nobody takes the left's hysteria seriously anymore

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

Trip down memory lane since Haiti is a topic lately.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Exactly. HRC was a disaster.
    A disaster candidate. Trump is a disaster President.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR