Page 629 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196276286296306316396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    "Amnesty for millions" is a significant enough distortion in this context to be reasonably called objectively untrue.
    So you are comfortable asserting that the Democrats have not asked for amnesty for Dreamers as a part of the ongoing negotiations?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Shoes fitting, something something, bro.
    I’m just trying to establish a baseline.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The latter is much more viable than the former, so the former merits more assailing. Simple as that.
    If by viable you mean trite, then I agree.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    No, I'd rather not play the game of calling Democrats out for posturing and gamesmanship while ignoring the rank nativism and outright racism that's in such evidence on the other side of the debate right now.
    People taking the kind of position you example here are precisely the reason why we can’t have nice policies in this country.

But back to your regularly scheduled name calling and side swiping (as predicted in my original post, shockingly enough).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ime-nightmare/

More of what most of us already know.

We are often told that “dreamers” are a cut above the rest of the illegal population, and President Trump, who otherwise understands the truth on the broader issue, seems to have accepted this premise. Lott’s research found that although DACA-age illegals compose 0.81 percent of Arizona’s population, they represent 8 percent of the prison population. This means they compose 71.2 percent of the illegal immigrant population in prison and that they are 884 percent more likely to be convicted of crimes than non-immigrants of their age. If anything, “dreamers” are actually a bigger public safety risk than older illegal immigrants.

We absolutely need to make sure all DACA recipients become citizens!!!!

While we have our own violent crime problem in America, the number of our violent criminals from other countries should be zero. That is because we should never bring in anyone who is violent, and those who manage to get in or commit crimes after being legally admitted should immediately be deported. Citizens, of course, cannot be deported. But immigration is a choice by we the people. So why are we electing to turn out country into a dumping ground?

Such an obvious point. How any immigrant who commits a violent crime is still allowed in this country is a slap in the face of every American.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-15-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ime-nightmare/

More of what most of us already know.

We are often told that “dreamers” are a cut above the rest of the illegal population, and President Trump, who otherwise understands the truth on the broader issue, seems to have accepted this premise. Lott’s research found that although DACA-age illegals compose 0.81 percent of Arizona’s population, they represent 8 percent of the prison population. This means they compose 71.2 percent of the illegal immigrant population in prison and that they are 884 percent more likely to be convicted of crimes than non-immigrants of their age. If anything, “dreamers” are actually a bigger public safety risk than older illegal immigrants.

We absolutely need to make sure all DACA recipients become citizens!!!!

While we have our own violent crime problem in America, the number of our violent criminals from other countries should be zero. That is because we should never bring in anyone who is violent, and those who manage to get in or commit crimes after being legally admitted should immediately be deported. Citizens, of course, cannot be deported. But immigration is a choice by we the people. So why are we electing to turn out country into a dumping ground?

Such an obvious point. How any immigrant who commits a violent crime is still allowed in this country is a slap in the face of every American.
    This is one of DACA's requirements

"Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety."

So how does your post override what the actual rules for DACA are?
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    This is one of DACA's requirements

"Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety."

So how does your post override what the actual rules for DACA are?
    I would direct you to the people that provided the data because that seems to be directly opposed ot the findings.

Edit: There is an obvious inference that the age of the illegals in prison population coincide with the DACA age illegals. I think that with this population, as with any population in statistical analysis, allows extrapolation when said population is relatively homogeneous.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-15-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    I would direct you to the people that provided the data because that seems to be directly opposed ot the findings.
    Straight from the DACA website. So if they're in prison how are they currently in school or meet the requirement of no felonies or multiple misdemeanors.
    Forever Fredi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

CK86 (01-15-2018), jpx7 (01-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This is my edit from the above post:

Edit: There is an obvious inference that the age of the illegals in prison population coincide with the DACA age illegals. I think that with this population, as with any population in statistical analysis, allows extrapolation when said population is relatively homogeneous.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    People taking the kind of position you example here are precisely the reason why we can’t have nice policies in this country.

But back to your regularly scheduled name calling and side swiping (as predicted in my original post, shockingly enough).
    Dude. We had an immigration deal a few years ago. Which deal, and the bipartisan approach that led to it, I supported. It passed the Senate and tanked in the House because of the Freedom Caucus. It's that undeniably nativist hardline component that I decry, then and now. In that case, this is not expedient political posturing, this is just the party of "no."

Seriously, piss off with that noise. I'd be willing to do a CIR deal that was Way, way outside my personal policy preferences, and have always advocated thusly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So you are comfortable asserting that the Democrats have not asked for amnesty for Dreamers as a part of the ongoing negotiations?
    A conditional legal path to citizenship for some DACA recipients--of which there are about 700,000--is neither "amnesty" nor "for millions." So, yeah, that's a crap talking point.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    A conditional legal path to citizenship for some DACA recipients--of which there are about 700,000--is neither "amnesty" nor "for millions." So, yeah, that's a crap talking point.
    It could end up being that unless chain migration is eliminated.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Dude. We had an immigration deal a few years ago. Which deal, and the bipartisan approach that led to it, I supported. It passed the Senate and tanked in the House because of the Freedom Caucus. It's that undeniably nativist hardline component that I decry, then and now. In that case, this is not expedient political posturing, this is just the party of "no."

Seriously, piss off with that noise. I'd be willing to do a CIR deal that was Way, way outside my personal policy preferences, and have always advocated thusly.

I'm talking about why you seem unable to have a civilized conversation about immigration policy/reform without resorting to tossing about terms like 'nativist' and 'racist'. That's rank bull****.

I'm not talking about a few years ago. I don't particularly care about Congresses past because their relevancy to the current situation, legislation, and composition/mood of the nation is tenuous - at best.

Now I get it, you have a chip on your shoulder. If we're wanting to honestly talk about 'noise' here, then that's what it is.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Well, it's crap when you posit it as dishonestly as you just did, sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So I can't say "nativist" in an environment where the signature line in the recent election was "we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it"?

Ok. Since we're serious, pragmatic policy people now who are busy policing the terms of the debate, I'd submit that using the word "amnesty" as deployed is not consistent with any good-faith desire to do a comprehensive reform deal.

All the sewage that floats through this thread about immigration--like thethe's crime schtick--but you're going to call the tone police on me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So I can't say "nativist" in an environment where the signature line in the recent election was "we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it"?

Ok. Since we're serious, pragmatic policy people now who are busy policing the terms of the debate, I'd submit that using the word "amnesty" as deployed is not consistent with any good-faith desire to do a comprehensive reform deal.

All the sewage that floats through this thread about immigration--like thethe's crime schtick--but you're going to call the tone police on me.
    I don't have a sanctimonious tone in my posts. I see the inhumanity in a lot of what I post however when I weigh the good with the bad I think I am on the just side.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'd submit that using the word "amnesty" as deployed is not consistent with any good-faith desire to do a comprehensive reform deal.
    Why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    For those of you that support DACA and a more broad 'amnesty' of illegals...Would enacting this type of policy hurt anyone?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I know you will. Putting potential voters ahead of current voters for the sake of pushing your radical ideology on the masses.
    lol

You are so lost.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

CK86 (01-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    lol

You are so lost.
    You have actually backed off of describing your true beliefs and have chosen to profess a more mainstream viewpoint on your core issues. I know where you stand and I think your history shows the same. Call me inhumane for my stance on many issues thats fine. You support a far more destructive ideology and that has been proven historically.
    Natural Immunity Croc