Page 653 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1535536036436516526536546556637037531153 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,060 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Based on what we have learned the last couple of days I don't trust anything said by the FBI/CIA/DOJ under Obama. The whole operation was a sham and this will be made quite clear moving forward. The whole Russia narrative was fabricated and you were duped.
    Based on whatever you don't trust anything that doesn't agree with your worldview. A person with no political opinions whatsoever would still recognize you as troll.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Adam Jentleson
    ‏Verified account @AJentleson
    3h3 hours ago

Pretty hard for Republicans to argue that the shutdown

is Democrats’ fault when Republicans are saying it’s

Stephen Miller and the White House’s fault.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-miller-354747

Jus' callin' um like I see's um
    Stephen Miller, the fact that this white supremacist neo-Nazi punk is in the White House guiding policy tells you all you need to know about Trump.

“Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.”
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-22-2018 at 12:49 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-21-2018)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It is pretty odd that someone like Miller sits in such an elevated position.

I'm also fuzzy on why the Republicans in the Senate who are amenable to compromise reflect only "nominal" bipartisanship. Sure, one party passing their bill and picking off a straggler like Collins or Manchin and calling it "bipartisan" is a stretch, but in a situation like this where both sides put something on the table and came up with a bill that could get 60 votes in the Senate...I dunno. Giving cover to the refuseniks just doesn't seeem like a good look if your purported interest is doing something productive.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-22-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    At various points in the DACA debate, all sides have pointed to Donald Trump as the chief impediment to a deal. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently admitted that Trump “has not yet indicated what measure he is willing to sign,” and that the GOP can’t “figure out what he is for.” But it’s not actually fair to blame Trump alone for this disaster; the president is plainly uninterested in the details of a final deal—and, more importantly, he did not force Congress’ hand on DACA in the first place.

In reality, DACA’s demise was the result of maneuvering between state attorneys general and United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    Last June, a coalition of 10 state attorneys general, as well as Idaho Gov. Butch Otter, signed a letter threatening to sue the administration if it did not take action on DACA. (Needless to say, all signatories were Republicans.) Their letter gave the administration an ultimatum: Begin phasing out DACA on Sept. 5, or we’ll attempt to kill it in court.

One signatory, Tennessee Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III, actually withdrew his signature upon discovering that many DACA recipients “will be of great benefit and service to our country.” But the rest stood fast, and on Sept. 5, Sessions announced that the government would begin to “wind down” DACA, halting renewals in October and stripping status starting in March 2018. (Sessions has refused to state whether he colluded with these state attorneys general to justify the rescission of the program, and the Supreme Court’s conservative justices have allowed the administration to shield documents that may reveal such collusion.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    It is pretty odd that someone like Miller sits in such an elevated position.

I'm also fuzzy on why the Republicans in the Senate who are amenable to compromise reflect only "nominal" bipartisanship. Sure, one party passing their bill and picking off a straggler like Collins or Manchin and calling it "bipartisan" is a stretch, but in a situation like this where both sides put something on the table and came up with a bill that could get 60 votes in the Senate...I dunno. Giving cover to the refuseniks just doesn't seeem like a good look if your purported interest is doing something productive.
    I don't understand how the GOP can blame the Dems when the leadership of the GOP voted against the bill. I can see a few moderate Reps voting with the Dems, but Ryan, Graham and McConnell. ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What aspects of the bill do the dems oppose again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Based on whatever you don't trust anything that doesn't agree with your worldview. A person with no political opinions whatsoever would still recognize you as troll.
    Yeah...it's not a massive cover up right now. Texts from a material time period just randomly went missing. Just admit that you were played and that the last administration was more corrupt than any in history. But if you dont see it that way it's in line with your history as a complete shill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Yeah...it's not a massive cover up right now. Texts from a material time period just randomly went missing. Just admit that you were played and that the last administration was more corrupt than any in history. But if you dont see it that way it's in line with your history as a complete shill.
    I've seen no clear evidence of anything going missing. What are you talking about? Please explain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I've seen no clear evidence of anything going missing. What are you talking about? Please explain.
    Seriously? The fbi said it went missing. They didnt 'collect' them during this time. Scary that information isn't given at your news sources.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Seriously? The fbi said it went missing. They didnt 'collect' them during this time. Scary that information isn't given at your news sources.
    Is this the ones where agents were talking about their disdain for Trump?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Russia still helping out their puppet President.

WASHINGTON ― As lawmakers wage a messaging war over who caused the government shutdown, Republicans and the White House are getting a big boost in their efforts to blame Democrats for the mess ― from the Russians.

#SchumerShutdown ― the hashtag that GOP leaders and the White House are using to accuse Democrats of causing the shutdown ― on Sunday night became the top trending hashtag being promoted by Russian bots and trolls on Twitter, according to the Alliance for Securing Democracy, a project led by former top national security officials from both parties.

Here’s a chart by Alliance for Securing Democracy, last updated at 10 p.m. Sunday, showing the #SchumerShutdown hashtag blowing up among Russia-linked influence networks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Is this the ones where agents were talking about their disdain for Trump?
    Well those are the agents but we have no clue what was said because the most -sophisticated organization in the world 'lost' those messages.

Very convenient.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hey Hawk, help me here.

What is the word I am looking for when a blow hard threatens then fails to back up that threat ?

I want to say bluff --- you ?

https://www.brookings.edu/podcast-ep..._campaign=comm
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Hey Hawk, help me here.

What is the word I am looking for when a blow hard threatens then fails to back up that threat ?

I want to say bluff --- you ?

https://www.brookings.edu/podcast-ep..._campaign=comm
    Am I really supposed to watch a 30 minute video (from Brookings) on a Monday morning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    It's not really a video, just a podcast delivered thru video player for whatever reason. I'm a few minutes in. They're doing a decent job of explaining how the dynamic of having all 3 of US/NK/China priorities create a factor of unpredictably. Nothing yet about how large of an impact the Chinese cultural pressure to save face plays out in everything they do, but that concept is being pushed more by the militaristic side that has actually interacted with China internationally, and frankly, I would find it out of place in an academia type of setting such as a Brookings discussion.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the President, initially tried to calm the President from sending Spicer out, Fox News’ Howard Kurtz wrote in a new book, “Media Madness: Donald Trump, The Press, And The War Over The Truth.”

Coming out next week. Trump creating more jobs.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    It's not really a video, just a podcast delivered thru video player for whatever reason. I'm a few minutes in. They're doing a decent job of explaining how the dynamic of having all 3 of US/NK/China priorities create a factor of unpredictably. Nothing yet about how large of an impact the Chinese cultural pressure to save face plays out in everything they do, but that concept is being pushed more by the militaristic side that has actually interacted with China internationally, and frankly, I would find it out of place in an academia type of setting such as a Brookings discussion.
    That's odd. I think the Korean notions of 'saving face' play out much more profoundly in the narrative of this entire debacle than anything that the Chinese have done.

Anything yet about a "[undetermined] blow hard threaten[ing] to back up [undetermined] threat"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That's odd. I think the Korean notions of 'saving face' play out much more profoundly in the narrative of this entire debacle than anything that the Chinese have done.

Anything yet about a "[undetermined] blow hard threaten[ing] to back up [undetermined] threat"?
    Well, I can summarize the first 20 minutes pretty easily.

We need to apply maximum pressure. But not the way Trump does it, the way the Obama did it. And we need to do that while de-escalating tensions. And it would be great if NK participates in the Olympics. And we shouldn't consider military options because NK's feelings may get hurt and things could escalate. And Kim doesn't really want to do anything with the nukes anyway.

Your typical utopian double speak. We should just all get along.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Well, I can summarize the first 20 minutes pretty easily.

We need to apply maximum pressure. But not the way Trump does it, the way the Obama did it. And we need to do that while de-escalating tensions. And it would be great if NK participates in the Olympics. And we shouldn't consider military options because NK's feelings may get hurt and things could escalate. And Kim doesn't really want to do anything with the nukes anyway.

Your typical utopian double speak. We should just all get along.
    Finished up by saying we should negotiate to "make sure" they don't do anymore testing, and (I kid you not) that we should follow the Iran model.
    Go get him!