Page 659 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1595596096496576586596606616697097591159 ... LastLast
Results 13,161 to 13,180 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    There are a couple I would vote for on that list

And contributed money to
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Stay strong Julio.You keep calling me a conspiracy guy. At some point you'll be right.

Hows that lack of bias angle on Muellers team?

Hows that heavy leverage on the dossier for the FISA warrants going?
    My contention about bias on Mueller's team was that political preferences were impossible to avoid, both practically speaking and under the law. The burden of proof was, and remains, on you to show that the investigation is affected by bias. You haven't. Your contention was that a handful of out-of-context and misconstrued text messages were REALLY IMPORTANT, but you couldn't articulate why. So, yeah, I think that's going fine.

As for "heavy leverage on the dossier for FISA warrants," I dunno. I've been suggesting ever since the original press conference where Devin Nunes shot himself in the dick over unmasking that the WH and Congress could resolve the issue by making the information public. My contention has been that it's extremely hard to believe that they applied for and got a FISA warrant solely based on secondhand raw intelligence. I still think that's the case. I guess we'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Bakari Sellers
    ‏Verified account @Bakari_Sellers
    1h1 hour ago

The #1 story is NOT a School shooting in Kentucky. That’s where we are now....
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    No, because the same deal was on the table on Friday. But just like normal the left forced the Dems hand to fight for illegals when there was nothing in the bill they didn't like. So you gained nothing by holding out and only made yourselves look like fools.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Crazy Jim Acosta haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mpression=true

I predict a massive divide i's about to happen in the Democratic party. If you support America first then come vote with out side. If you for some reason want America last keep voting with the leftists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    /\

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    My contention about bias on Mueller's team was that political preferences were impossible to avoid, both practically speaking and under the law. The burden of proof was, and remains, on you to show that the investigation is affected by bias. You haven't. Your contention was that a handful of out-of-context and misconstrued text messages were REALLY IMPORTANT, but you couldn't articulate why. So, yeah, I think that's going fine.

As for "heavy leverage on the dossier for FISA warrants," I dunno. I've been suggesting ever since the original press conference where Devin Nunes shot himself in the dick over unmasking that the WH and Congress could resolve the issue by making the information public. My contention has been that it's extremely hard to believe that they applied for and got a FISA warrant solely based on secondhand raw intelligence. I still think that's the case. I guess we'll see.
    I agree with you on the impossibility of avoiding political preferences. That's just a sad reality in a DC based, federal organization. Or really any large organization. But we have all seen judges from both sides make absurd rulings that further their political aims. Given the cover of secrecy inherent in the FISA court, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if warrants are granted based on weak evidence.

As an aside, I seem to remember one of the "Patriot Act" courts that is basically required to grant warrants on demand. Basically the urgency of the request is sufficient evidence to justify the warrant. Does anyone else remember something similar enough that you can make sense of what I am talking about?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    This is a tough one. I love solar. I plan to have a home that is completely off the grid one day. This makes solar panels more expensive in the short term, but it also gives some breathing room to American companies that are making real innovations in the solar field, and should create domestic production jobs. Hopefully Elon Musk will do something awesome to justify the tariff.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Ahh, the fine print...

https://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idINKBN1FC37D

Fine print in Trump solar tariff holds some good news for Tesla
    Electric vehicle maker and solar installer Tesla Inc. said on Tuesday that it does not expect President Donald Trump's solar tariff to have much impact on its high-tech solar manufacturing ambitions, thanks to a clause exempting a vast amount of solar panel components from the levies.

Trump's order, signed into law on Tuesday, imposes a 30 percent tariff on fully assembled imported solar panels as well as the cells of which the panels are made - a move intended to protect American jobs but which the solar industry worries will raise costs and trigger thousands of layoffs.

But in a twist destined to help the California company, the solar cell tariff only kicks in after 2.5 gigawatts worth hit U.S. shores each year.

Tesla uses solar cells in its nascent solar roof tile business. The tiles generate electricity without the need for a traditional panel. Tesla also has plans to build conventional panels using imported cells for its U.S.-based residential installation business, which it also hopes to grow over the coming years.

Tesla expects to be able to import foreign cells for its tile and panel businesses free of tariffs thanks to the large exemption for cells, a source familiar with the company's operations said on Tuesday.

Only 500 MW worth of solar cells were imported into the United States in total last year, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association, a fifth of what is being exempted from Trump's tariff.
    GTM Research Senior Solar Analyst Jade Jones said in an emailed statement the 2.5 GW cell exemption could also benefit other U.S.-based panel manufacturers, including First Solar which plans to expand output in Ohio.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This reminds me of 1980 when Ronald Reagan took the solar panels from the roof of the White House.
    Keeping a promise to oil and coal lobbyists.
    Plus poking a finger in the eye of Carter

I wish/hope you are seeing this right
    But this has nothing to do with American innovation.

edit:
    regardless what they say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Ahh, the fine print...

Electric vehicle maker and solar installer Tesla Inc. said on Tuesday that it does not expect President Donald Trump's solar tariff to have much impact on its high-tech solar manufacturing ambitions, thanks to a clause exempting a vast amount of solar panel components from the levies.

Trump's order, signed into law on Tuesday, imposes a 30 percent tariff on fully assembled imported solar panels as well as the cells of which the panels are made - a move intended to protect American jobs but which the solar industry worries will raise costs and trigger thousands of layoffs.

But in a twist destined to help the California company, the solar cell tariff only kicks in after 2.5 gigawatts worth hit U.S. shores each year.

Tesla uses solar cells in its nascent solar roof tile business. The tiles generate electricity without the need for a traditional panel. Tesla also has plans to build conventional panels using imported cells for its U.S.-based residential installation business, which it also hopes to grow over the coming years.

Tesla expects to be able to import foreign cells for its tile and panel businesses free of tariffs thanks to the large exemption for cells, a source familiar with the company's operations said on Tuesday.

Only 500 MW worth of solar cells were imported into the United States in total last year, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association, a fifth of what is being exempted from Trump's tariff.
    GTM Research Senior Solar Analyst Jade Jones said in an emailed statement the 2.5 GW cell exemption could also benefit other U.S.-based panel manufacturers, including First Solar which plans to expand output in Ohio.
    Give 57 some time to find out what his bubbles response is to this revelation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Ahh, the fine print...

I'm genuinely unsure of the point of the tariff then. It seems like it will either be entirely ineffective or they're expecting a solar power explosion and are trying to get out ahead of it, which seems like it could hurt job production.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Suzanne Somers is happy with Trump. Just sayin'.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR