Page 667 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1675676176576656666676686696777177671167 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,340 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Lindsay Graham seems to be seizing the moment. 2nd time in a little over a week that he's posed for cameras as the last Rep adult left in Washington.
    tired of these fake ****s
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

weso1 (01-28-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    breitbart
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Convenient way to avoid the actual factual material. But, why accept something that hasn't been spoon fed to you? It's just easier to call something racist.

Minority American citizens are seeing through the lies. They are seeing improvements to their lives for the first time in decades and see sunny pastures in the distance. If this continues into the mid terms I think everyone is going to be shocked at the results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/...mpression=true

The segment from Madera to Bakersfield was thought to be the easiest to build. Rural land was cheaper to acquire in the interior of California. The route was flat, without the need to bore tunnels. The valley is considered seismically stable. Economically depressed counties welcomed the state and federal investment dollars.

But projected coasts have soared even before one foot of track has been laid. The entire project’s estimated costs, according to various projections, may have nearly doubled. The current cost for the easiest first segment alone has spiraled from a promised $7.8 billion in 2016 to an estimated $10.6. There is no assurance that enough Central Valley riders will wish to use the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Narrative busted?

That's ironic in light of the narrative you've been pushing about the unemployment rate of African Americans dropping to record lows. How does that square with the massive immigration of recent years?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Narrative busted?

That's ironic in light of the narrative you've been pushing about the unemployment rate of African Americans dropping to record lows. How does that square with the massive immigration of recent years?
    Border crossings are at near lows. Entries into the country are therefore lower. The big elephant in the room is what are we going to do with all this unskilled labor when automation reaches the next level in its development? These changes along with a radically different economic policies than the prior administration are going to be a boon to minority American workers. The sentiment actually expressed by hispanics/blacks tells it all. That number will grow as their pockets do in the next year.

If the left runs on open borders and his from tax reform they are going to lose a lot of their base voter. The most important thing in anyone's life is the safety and security of your family. Being able to provide for them is one of the biggest ingredients.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    no one has been running on open borders

thus why you can easily find immigration videos of President Barrack Obama and other democrats being against it and having pro immigration videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    no one has been running on open borders

thus why you can easily find immigration videos of President Barrack Obama and other democrats being against it and having pro immigration videos
    Yeah, they've 'evolved' quite a bit on their stances from just a few years ago. The enlighten comes fast and with massive impact to the left.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-29-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    nothing has evolved on that level

no one has been for open borders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Border crossings are at near lows. Entries into the country are therefore lower. The big elephant in the room is what are we going to do with all this unskilled labor when automation reaches the next level in its development? These changes along with a radically different economic policies than the prior administration are going to be a boon to minority American workers. The sentiment actually expressed by hispanics/blacks tells it all. That number will grow as their pockets do in the next year.

If the left runs on open borders and his from tax reform they are going to lose a lot of their base voter. The most important thing in anyone's life is the safety and security of your family. Being able to provide for them is one of the biggest ingredients.
    What was happening to the unemployment rate for all Americans and for African Americans in particular during recent years when we had very high immigration?

Here are the year-end numbers for African Americans:

2010 15.5%
    2011 15.4%
    2012 14.0%
    2013 11.9%
    2014 10.6%
    2015 8.5%
    2016 7.9%
    2017 6.8%

I notice a pretty strong downward trend during a period of high immigration. ymmv

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    What was happening to the unemployment rate for all Americans and for African Americans in particular during recent years when we had very high immigration?

Here are the year-end numbers for African Americans:

2010 15.5%
    2011 15.4%
    2012 14.0%
    2013 11.9%
    2014 10.6%
    2015 8.5%
    2016 7.9%
    2017 6.8%

I notice a pretty strong downward trend during a period of high immigration. ymmv
    More have entered the workforce and more are filing less claims for government subsidies. What's most important is that black working families are bound to see some of the biggest benefits of tax reform. The paradigm is shifting in my opinion. I have never believed that the black/Hispanic population is a monolith. I believe there are common grounds on which a coalition can be built. Nobody should ever agree with anyone 100%.

I fully expect spikes in minority voting trends for republican/conservative candidates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    More have entered the workforce and more are filing less claims for government subsidies.
    If you have data in support of these assertions, I would be interested in seeing them.

The data I'm looking at show African Americans in the labor force increasing by 420,000 in 2016 and 270,000 in 2017.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-28-2018 at 09:48 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    100% in the 30 pieces of silver with this convo

yeah, hawk, drink if ya want

had a convo last night with a girl i know, we both know we will get more money from the tax break and we both can't stand him and won't vote for him no matter what the financial gain is

we aren't in on the thinking of more money means we would vote for him

but i understand the gamble to overlook everything else and hope that people can be bought off

not saying it's a bad gamble either

but i wouldn't say it's a for sure gamble

the things you don't think matter, does matter to some people
    Last edited by goldfly; 01-28-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/2...gtype=Homepage

The shale drilling revolution has remade the global energy market, with imports from members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries plunging by 20 percent from late 2016 to late 2017. At the same time, exports rose by hundreds of thousands of barrels a day.

----------

Here is yet another piece of savings in working class american pockets. Untold amounts of positive developments from a group of people that haven't seen many gains in the past decade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Thought ya'll wanted less government, not more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    Thought ya'll wanted less government, not more?
    they honestly will comprises every belief as long as Hillary, Obama or someone with a (D) doesn't get the credit

and they will act like they were always for it

if anything trump has done

it is prove i really don't give a **** what any christian religious group has to say in this country.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    they honestly will comprises every belief as long as Hillary, Obama or someone with a (D) doesn't get the credit

and they will act like they were always for it

if anything trump has done

it is prove i really don't give a **** what any christian religious group has to say in this country.
    1. Who is the "they" you're referring to?

2. This feels like something you would have supported had the Obama admin proposed it. Is that not the case?

3. Can you work on constructing coherent sentences?

4. I think this proposal is a terrible idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    who could ever try to figure out who "they" is in that context

i didn't talk abut a personal stance on the issue. as much as you like to always try to make the topic something else

it's an internet forum. adapt to it.

cool