Page 676 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666746756766776786867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,520 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm sure these 'organizations' really appreciate your 30 pieces of silver.

Can't resist.
    Lol

I hope they use it well

But that reference really doesn't work going that way though. Cheers
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Who is Jesus in this 30 pieces of silver deal?

Also, 30 pieces of silver is only worth $510... that's like half a crumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Imagine these numbers a month after people start seeing their larger paychecks. Hey bunny...let's plan that vacation we wanted with the kids this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm sure these 'organizations' really appreciate your 30 pieces of silver.

Can't resist.
    These guys are too cool for silver. They use bitcoins.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    "Bunny"

Haha, is that what you call your SO thethe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Who you calling bunny, pal?

Ahh Hawk beat me to it.
    Go get him!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Who you calling bunny, pal?

Ahh Hawk beat me to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    1. Infrastructure spending (not what the fed should be doing)
    I disagree, if we are talking about infrastructure that genuinely supports interstate commerce. You have to do these things during prosperous times or they will never get done. Expanding the capacity of our ports, freight rails, and interstate highways would go a long way to increasing economic prosperity, and is within the Constitutionally defined role of the federal government as long as it pertains to items relevant to interstate commerce (as I see it.)
    That's fine you think that. We disagree. It happens. But I'm sure we could at least agree that if we spend money on infrastructure spending, we need to cut spending elsewhere. I haven't heard such a proposal yet, have you?

I'm quite sure Trump doesn't give a damn about deficits because he wants to be as popular as possible

2. End the sequester of military spending (we spend d way too much already)
    Disagree again, mainly because of how the current spending limits have programmed military spending. Service branches are told how they have to spend every dollar. By bureaucrats. Even the DoD has very little discretion in reprogramming how the money is spent. The amount of decline in our military readiness over the past few years due to this idiocy is difficult to overstate.
    I normally would never approve of arbitrary spending decisions based on nothing but a bunch of idiots who couldn't come to an agreement. But sadly, this is the federal government. And they have proven that if they have a dime to spend they will spend it unwisely, and they will be gouged (i see what the contracters bill them - it's insulting). So until we get some adults in the room, I'll take the arbitrary caps over the blank check

3. Sounded like he wants to expand the war on drugs
    I hope that he means the more realistic war to keep drugs out of the country (which would fall within the federal role of securing the borders.) Increased prosecution inside our borders is a fool's errand requiring vast resources and producing little, whereas minor surges in enforcement outside of the US have proven to be productive. Another case of needing to set a budget and then let experts decide how to use it best.
    Sounded to me like he wants to get "tough on crime"... and with Sessions I have little doubt that they will be focusing resources on the wrong things

4. Said he wants to force drug prices down
    An admirable and humane goal. Probably penny wise and pound foolish, but that depends entirely on Big Pharma delivering on the research side. I think Julio posted something recently that showed Big Pharma has stopped delivering.
    I'll never support price controls on anything as countries like Venezuela has shown us how ineffective it is. Plus it is anti-freedom (cue 57 mocking freedom

5. Sounded WAY too hawkish on military
    Agreed. We diverted a huge amount of military spending to the Army over the past 25 years to go on our Middle East escapades. There should be plenty of that money to go around now. Reprogram it instead of reinforcing it.
    Too much money to be made here and too many deep staters in place to make change. Need a libertarian in office to make change. Obama promised but of course did not deliver.

6. Applauded decision to keep GITMO open
    I don't get it.
    We like to commit war crimes and then cry foul when Russia or other countries do it

7. Investment in job training (not fed job)
    While I agree in principle, I think we both feel that the entitlement industry is also not the federal government's job. The entitlements aren't going away, so maybe this can reduce the demand for them and at least be productive. I would feel better (again) if it was a reprogramming of existing entitlement funds instead of a new entitlement that we can never ever ever get rid of without being called racist/sexist/ageist/whatever PC-ist term, but we know that simply isn't possible with entitlements.
    1. The federal government isn't equipped to do this effectively. They are behind the curve on all technology and the beaurocracy would create a nightmare for efficiency in both cost and results.

But even if they had a grasp on it... we can not keep adding entitlements bc as you acknowledged, we will never be able to take it away. Cue the cries of killing unemployed mother of 4 who can no longer get the education she needs due to proposed spending cuts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-01-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Imagine these numbers a month after people start seeing their larger paychecks. Hey bunny...let's plan that vacation we wanted with the kids this year.
    Woo hoo. At $9 per week in a year we can buy a bus ticket to Cleveland . . . for one.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Woo hoo. At $9 per week in a year we can buy a bus ticket to Cleveland . . . for one.
    Can't you just let us peasants enjoy our crumbs?

It's much preferable to having to give away the entire cake in order to comply with ACA

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I share your (sturg and jaw) skepticism about the efficacy of getting the federal government in on the job training, etc, though probably not for the same reasons. It doesn't seem to me like a worthwhile rabbit hole to go down.

Prescription drugs are another thing entirely. They're cheaper, significantly cheaper, in other developed countries around the world. What drives that is various forms of government intervention, but not direct price controls. There are many tools in that toolbox that could be deployed without shouting "Venezuela!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-01-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    And obviously you have no intestinal fortitude to accept it to only bitch like the pussy you are in this situation. I think you are good person obviously but the chemical imbalances in your brain is muddying your concept of what the nation wants or what you want. You hate Republicans and if Pence or Rubio or Cruz or Bush, you will still post the same stupid ass bullshiit you are posting now.

Like I said, accept it or shut the f*ck up and suck on your pacifier.

Sheesh. No wonder us black have big dongs, we accept it and take it because you Dems taught us well in accepting your shiit over and over for the last 200 years.
    this is a weird rant
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_US_013118/

Now let's see the forecasts of blue waves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-could-get-bad

Geez...this is legitimately scary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Trump played the Democrats on immigration. Completely flipped the narrative and now the Dems are in a tough spot. Are they going to publically turn down a deal that grants 1.8M DACA aged illegals a pathway to citizenship? An even more generous offer in not only number but benefits that Obama gave?

Something something 4D Chess
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that is a scary website . could you go find some other horse**** source website with less clickbait ads plastered all over the site next time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    that is a scary website . could you go find some other horse**** source website with less clickbait ads plastered all over the site next time?
    Here ya go
    https://www.zmescience.com/science/e...ersal-0432432/
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i know

read about it

i guess we should listen to the scientists on this and prepare for it

but not climate change

weird

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (02-01-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Right now, Earth’s magnetic field is decreasing 10 times faster than normal, which is why many scientists believe this century could see a pole reversal. The latest satellite imagery data from ESA suggests the north magnetic pole is especially turbulent and unpredictable.

In the last 50 years, the north magnetic pole has already moved considerably — so much so that satellites orbiting right above the South Atlantic, which is near the geographic South Pole, are now bombarded by charged particles from the sun and interstellar space.

The planet’s magnetic field acts like a shield against this sort of radiation but since pole reversal implies a temporary weakening of the field first, radiation exposure is bound to increase.

So what does this all mean for us? Not anything good, unfortunately.

Because the field’s intensity is bound to decrease considerably, much more radiation from space will be able to reach the planet’s surface than it does today. However, life on Earth shouldn’t be affected too much by this directly — humanity has lived through several pole reversals and we’re still here. Likewise, there were no mass extinction events coinciding with a pole reversal that scientists could find.

However, much has changed since the last time the planet’s magnetic field weakened by this much. For one, much of our existence is predicated on not only electrical power but also satellite-based communications, which nowadays are synced so much with the power grid that the two are basically inseparable. If our fleet of satellites was to suddenly come offline, much the world could suffer blackouts which could last for years. In the ensuing chaos, it’s anyone guess what would happen next.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i know

read about it

i guess we should listen to the scientists on this and prepare for it

but not climate change

weird
    There was a team of European scientists that hypothesized climate change is being caused not by CO2 but by the polar shift. I'll look for a link, but I think they were published.
    Go get him!