Page 705 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 14,081 to 14,100 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    You believed that?
    Operative phrase.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm afraid you're the one not paying attention.
    How?

He made a lot of pledges during the campaign.
    And he's delivered on a number of them. What's your point?

He dissed his people in the WH and the REPs by not giving them warning he was going to suddenly do this now and by not letting them present the policy change in a normal way so that the stock market wouldn't go haywire and the headlines wouldn't be filled with the phrase "trade war".
    Source? Does it not fundamentally bother you to espouse hearsay and opinion as clear, unadulterated fact? The stock market was going to **** over this regardless of when it dropped, and I contest the notion that the administration spun it out on a total whim.

So does this report: http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/16/news...ex.html?iid=EL

Trade war is the entire point: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-l...ort-1520255435

Do you think they appreciate having to answer questions from the press about something they knew nothing about?
    In all fairness, even if your contrived scenario here has a semblance of merit, any staff worth his/her salt is going to be able to talk about tariffs, considering that we levvied one on solar panels less than two months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Are conservatives at all upset over Trump spending almost 25% of his days in office at a Trump branded golf club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    Are conservatives at all upset over Trump spending almost 25% of his days in office at a Trump branded golf club?
    A good percentage of his promised agenda I being fulfilled so what's there to be upset over?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    A good percentage of his promised agenda I being fulfilled so what's there to be upset over?
    So it was bad for Obama to go golfing but Trump can spend 25% of his time in office at a golf club and it's cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So it was bad for Obama to go golfing but Trump can spend 25% of his time in office at a golf club and it's cool.
    I'm an avid golfer and use it to conduct business quite often so you're barking up the wrong tree here.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    How?
    By implying I'm talking about tariffs.

And he's delivered on a number of them. What's your point?
    My point is that Trump has a bullying management style and doesn't make use of people around him, which only makes things worse for him. He only has about 12 real supporters left, and that includes you and thethe. He's now claimed to barely know Jared, called by Garret. "Yes, I think he works for me but couldn't tell you what he does." That was like when Obama said he was born in Kenya. nascpi's Caligula's horse analogy doesn't only work for Trump. He does the same thing for many around him. In most positions, he doesn't hire good people because he knows they're harder to control, a few generals who know their place in the pecking order notwithstanding.

Source? Does it not fundamentally bother you to espouse hearsay and opinion as clear, unadulterated fact? The stock market was going to **** over this regardless of when it dropped, and I contest the notion that the administration spun it out on a total whim.
    So does this report: http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/16/news...ex.html?iid=EL
    Trade war is the entire point: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-l...ort-1520255435
    I really don't care about the tariffs. They might turn out to be good and they're reversible.

In all fairness, even if your contrived scenario here has a semblance of merit, any staff worth his/her salt is going to be able to talk about tariffs, considering that we levvied one on solar panels less than two months ago.
    Yes, but they have put their careers, and many their freedom, on the line for him. He demands full loyalty and subservience. It doesn't look like he returns much of that loyalty and that's not just unfair but potentially disastrous for him if one decides to talk. And a few already have, it seems.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    By implying I'm talking about tariffs.
    "Trump didn't just dis world leaders with the sudden tariff idea, he dissed his own people."

My point is that Trump has a bullying management style and doesn't make use of people around him, which only makes things worse for him. He only has about 12 real supporters left, and that includes you and thethe. He's now claimed to barely know Jared, called by Garret. "Yes, I think he works for me but couldn't tell you what he does." That was like when Obama said he was born in Kenya. nascpi's Caligula's horse analogy doesn't only work for Trump. He does the same thing for many around him. In most positions, he doesn't hire good people because he knows they're harder to control, a few generals who know their place in the pecking order notwithstanding.
    So, in other words, you have no source, you have no facts ... just a subjective, crackpot opinion.

I really don't care about the tariffs. They might turn out to be good and they're reversible.
    Well, you lured me into this under the guise of talking policy. I'm not interested in the whole, "Ner! Trump is stupid and everybody thinks so" thing because it's pointless and it's something I'm sure I could read about/engage in on Facebook (if I maintained an account).

Yes, but they have put their careers, and many their freedom, on the line for him. He demands full loyalty and subservience. It doesn't look like he returns much of that loyalty and that's not just unfair but potentially disastrous for him if one decides to talk. And a few already have, it seems.
    Ok.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Should I be upset that he's golfing or that he owns the club/course?

Or should I just be upset all the time over trifling ****?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm an avid golfer and use it to conduct business quite often so you're barking up the wrong tree here.
    Should I be upset that he's golfing or that he owns the club/course?

Or should I just be upset all the time over trifling ****?

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Trump never said he would never play golf in either of those videos. Did you watch to them or just read the titles?

Trump made fun of Obama for the amount of golf he played, for traveling to Hawaii to play golf, and for playing golf in the midst of domestic crises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    "Trump didn't just dis world leaders with the sudden tariff idea, he dissed his own people."
    Exactly!

So, in other words, you have no source, you have no facts ... just a subjective, crackpot opinion.
    That's rather harsh. Do I need to cite facts that Trump has an abrasive, self-defeating, ahem, less than optimal management style? How many people have either quit or been fired from his administration?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Exactly!
    So, he 'dissed world leaders' and 'his own people' with "the sudden tariff idea" ... but you weren't talking about tariffs.

Sounds like you should take a whirl in the Brady Briefing Room.

That's rather harsh. Do I need to cite facts that Trump has an abrasive, self-defeating, ahem, less than optimal management style? How many people have either quit or been fired from his administration?
    Yes.

And they can't come from Michael Wolff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump never said he would never play golf in either of those videos. Did you watch to them or just read the titles?

Trump made fun of Obama for the amount of golf he played, for traveling to Hawaii to play golf, and for playing golf in the midst of domestic crises.
    that's one way of replying to the words he said about President Obama golfing and saying you shouldn't play often as president
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    that's one way of replying to the words he said about President Obama golfing and saying you shouldn't play often as president
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...view/15226551/
    Obama admits golfing amid crisis was a mistake

https://ijr.com/2016/12/759885-presi...n-explanation/
    President Obama Once Again Golfing When Terrorist Attack Strikes

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/polit...ing/index.html
    Louisiana paper to Obama: Cut vacation short

I don't like it when a President golfs. Obama and Trump both should have taken a page from George W. Bush. That said, context is key here. And, of course, there's the issue of numbers being thrown around haphazardly.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-06-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    not sure you the angle you are trying to work on with that post

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Uh oh Hawk is criticizing goldys god. Careful there, pal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    god? wtf are you babbling about

weird but not shocked to see you try to talk about something other than the topic at hand

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    god? wtf are you babbling about

weird but not shocked to see you try to talk about something other than the topic at hand

1:30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    looks like President Obama isn't good at golf

not really sure why that video or those links are brought up though when talking about a guy who said he (Obama) played too much golf and says he wouldn't have time for golf if he was put in the white house etc etc