Page 731 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2316316817217297307317327337417818311231 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,620 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    cuz he wasn't

We're all still waiting on you to find a Russian twitterbot that tells us why it was bad.
    This - The world would be a better place if the US and Russia 'tolerated' each other. I feel as if the world is trying to create this narrative of the US vs. Russia so China can lay in the weeds while they screw everyone else over.

Lets not forget that China heavily supported Bill Clinton during his presidential runs....DOTS!!!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    They have been trying to for quite some time. Why do you think Putin acts out? Why do you think the North Korean leader acts out?
    You think sucking up to a dictator is the better diplomatic ploy. Perhaps publicly it is, as long as you've got more realistic operations in place underneath the facade. That's the way dictators do it, anyway.

What's Putin's message to the West in poisoning Skripal and his daughter on British soil? You think this behavior should be ignored? Do you really trust Trump to convey the properly nuanced message to his dictator hero?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-22-2018)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    A quick recap... Runnin likes to make a lot of posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    "It doesn't have to be true. It just has to be believed."

Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica,
    "And then later when the cameras are off, when the cameras are off, he (Trump) says, 'Uh, Billy, look, look, you just tell them and they believe it.'"

Billy Bush
    He's making a great point here... that folks say things and expect people just to believe it. 57 and gold engage in this all the time... when someone calls them out on it, they run away.

Then runnin drops this gem today:

The economy looks to be headed toward another recession

I ask three times for specifics on this claim... but never get an answer.

Gotta love the left!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    You think sucking up to a dictator is the better diplomatic ploy. Perhaps publicly it is, as long as you've got more realistic operations in place underneath the facade. That's the way dictators do it, anyway.
    I don't consider Trump congratulating Putin on his win to be "sucking up".

It's a weird thing to be so fixated on, but hey, I get it ... the narrative.

What's Putin's message to the West in poisoning Skripal and his daughter on British soil? You think this behavior should be ignored? Do you really trust Trump to convey the properly nuanced message to his dictator hero?
    No, I don't think it should be ignored and I went into detail in another post about potential methods of recourse (that don't involve sanctions and meaningless gestures like personal condemnation).

One enormous pressure point where we have the money and the might to send a clear message is Syria.

Do I trust Trump to convey a properly nuanced message? Why would I? That's not his job. And I think we're well past proper nuance with respect to Russia, don't you?
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-21-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    context

2012 = pre Russian annexations

Courtesy world leader to worldleader. Russia hadn't poisened people in Great Britain earlier in the week

Russia wasn't shown to have interfered in the previous US election

Russia hadn't earlier that week been outed by the Dept of Homeland Security having compromised or utility grids

wasn't 2012 when Putin was re instated as President ( or whatever term they use )

context

2012 vs 2018

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-21-2018), Jaw (03-22-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    and here it comes:

Jesse Lee
    ‏Verified account @JesseCharlesLee
    10h10 hours ago

Jesse Lee Retweeted Ezra Klein

I’ve begun to think that the coverage of the Clinton Foundation was just as damaging,

and actually far less defensible than the email coverage. In fact the unfounded idea of corrupt

self-dealing may have provided the nefarious presumed motive for voters on the emails
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    and don't forget that Obama ignored the all caps advise from national security advisers
    to not congratulate

On top of everything else, this is the ding a ling going to N Korea to discuss nuclear weapons with another ding a ling

who voted for this guy ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Lol

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Wasn’t obama the one who whispered to the president of Russia about making deals since the election was over?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    and don't forget that Obama ignored the all caps advise from national security advisers
    to not congratulate

On top of everything else, this is the ding a ling going to N Korea to discuss nuclear weapons with another ding a ling

who voted for this guy ?
    Good grief, man. Take a Xanax and try again tomorrow.

Or just lay off the moonshine.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Also stop being a racist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I don't consider Trump congratulating Putin on his win to be "sucking up".
    Considering the elephant in the room, I would say congratulating Putin on his election "win" to be worse than "sucking up".

It's a weird thing to be so fixated on, but hey, I get it ... the narrative.
    It's clear that you do.

I don't accept that Trump's congratulatory remarks were simply him being normal and neighborly. I think he was showing whoever wrote the memo in CAPS that he would NOT be handled.

I'm concerned that it's demoralizing to the country and its military/security apparatus for its leader to be showing such weakness in front of and fondness for one of our main enemies. But as I mentioned above, that might be acceptable if it were feigned posture and if there were more reliable protective systems in place to overrule an idiot POTUS. I'm hoping there are.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-21-2018 at 10:33 PM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    the orange one, thethe and the other clowns totally silent on the actual real violence from the right wing terrorist

believed that gay marriage should be illegal, called for the elimination of sex offender registrations, and argued in favor of the death penalty.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Considering the elephant in the room, I would say congratulating Putin on his election "win" to be worse than "sucking up".
    As you've said. Expound. Tell me why it's so bad, tell me what you would have done.

I don't accept that Trump's congratulatory remarks were simply him being normal and neighborly. I think he was showing whoever wrote the memo in CAPS that he would NOT be handled.
    If you don't accept it then you are being obstinate. Your other assertion is delusional.

I'm concerned that it's demoralizing to the country and its military/security apparatus for its leader to be showing such weakness in front of and fondness for one of our main enemies. But as I mentioned above, that might be acceptable if it were feigned posture and if there were more reliable protective systems in place to overrule an idiot POTUS. I'm hoping there are.
    Try as you might, you are never going to get much traction pouting about grandee chatter.

I think it's amusingly rich to read an unabashed Obama apologist complain about weakness/military demoralization though.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    1.6 billion for the stupid wall eh?

When did Mexico deliver the check?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    As you've said. Expound. Tell me why it's so bad, tell me what you would have done.
    It undermined his staff and further weakened his administration. While being Putin's submissive is bad enough, the worst thing Trump did was go on tv and brag about congratulating him. I think a POTUS should stand with his team, his military, his intel and 60 years of foreign policy decisions. I guess I'm more conservative than you on that matter, while you see a self-dealing con man calling the foreign policy shots no reason to be alarmed.

If you don't accept it then you are being obstinate. Your other assertion is delusional.
    If you believe it was any other way you are more naive than I thought.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    It undermined his staff and further weakened his administration. While being Putin's submissive is bad enough, the worst thing Trump did was go on tv and brag about congratulating him. I think a POTUS should stand with his team, his military, his intel and 60 years of foreign policy decisions. I guess I'm more conservative than you on that matter, while you see a self-dealing con man calling the foreign policy shots no reason to be alarmed.

If you believe it was any other way you are more naive than I thought.
    You have a nasty habit of jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions and treating rumor as fact.

1) The leak, like many others, is uncorroborated. You believe it because you need to believe it, because you feel like it props up your demonstrably psychotic theories on the Trump administration and Russia. You can't look at the issue with any semblance of objectivity - and that's tragic, not to mention frustrating, coming from the perspective of someone who would actually like engage with you in a real discussion about diplomacy. Not this absolutely inane, half-baked opinion you are backing into a corner with. An opinion borne purely out of disdain for the President.

2) Even in the uncorroborated report the question of whether or not Trump read the briefing material is clearly posed. Plain as day. Again, you ignore this.

3) "His team, his military, his intel" - like, dude, why make **** up? The only people in this country who are disgruntled about Trump congratulating Putin are 57 and John McCain.
    3b) We don't know who wrote the briefing. We don't know which agencies contributed to that intel. They aren't talking. And these people, who, according to you, are so aggrieved? They aren't leaking their distaste (beyond the original 'leak', that is).

4) Even if Trump made a unilateral decision to ignore what was in that briefing, you can't honestly believe that those words might be a prescription for policy on Russia. Can you? Do you remember the sanctions imposed a couple of days ago? Let me guess; you think those are toothless now? Where do you see America submitting to Russia over an attack in Great Britain? Do you have any sort informed contribution to make about this situation beyond dropping petty barbs?

5) If you want to talk about naivete, we can talk about how completely wrong you were on Trump and North Korea. How you came in here with this same hyper-exaggerated pearl-clutching routine about a nuclear attack, all while talking out the other side of your mouth about North Korea not being a threat (until ... you know, facts were inserted into the equation).

6) You believe that Trump congratulating Putin on winning an election was an act of submission.

7) You believe that Trump congratulating Putin on winning an election was an act of submission.

8) Nothingburger.

9) ничего гастронома
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-22-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    the orange one, thethe and the other clowns totally silent on the actual real violence from the right wing terrorist

Well the sex offender registry has serious problems because it's used in typical government fashion with no competency. I would rather not have the list than to have people who don't deserve to be on there for **** like public urination, 2 minors having sex, or vindictive parents abusing the law to persecute their daughters boyfriend(or gay partner).
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

It's clear that you do.

Putin isn't doing anything we as a country arent. We are the ones invading and occupying multiple countries. We try to sway elections how we want all over the world including Russia. We kill and torture with impunity. Our elections are 2 hand picked candidates from private companies with no obligation to hold fair primaries or to even nominate who the voters choose. There has been massive fraud in the 2016 and 2008 democratic primaries and the Republican primary in 2012.

By not treating Putin as an elected official we escalate the situation. Much of Putin's goal is to show that the US is just as corrupt ad Russia and he is succeeding.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.