Page 74 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576841241745741074 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Not a fool. A leftist that thinks the government is the solution to all.
    You mean like someone who believes electing a con artist President is the solution to bringing back jobs for the middle class? That kind of fool?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Melania has such a stunningly gorgeous smile but when her face goes back to neutral you can see anxiety and despair. I'm genuinely worried about her state of mind. She's been through a ton of stress in the least few months and you know her husband isn't offering any empathy.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-25-2017 at 12:42 AM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    "so old Trumpy shut down research today and my buddies staff (he is a Doctor of Organic Chemistry) at the USDA is no longer able to publish their research online.

and the administration just forced a media blackout at the EPA while they dismantle a bunch of regulations"

love reading stuff like this from people i know
    Familiar story. My wife's organization were informed that an EPA grant they'd busted ass to get was suspended.

**** it. Who needs clean water, anyway?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-25-2017), jpx7 (01-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-25-2017 at 12:42 AM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Familiar story. My wife's organization were informed that an EPA grant they'd busted ass to get was suspended.

**** it. Who needs clean water, anyway?
    yeah, we will just leave it up to the private sector and the market. they seem to really care about that type of stuff

obviously that's why we had to create it cause those things were doing such a bang up job worrying about it

depressing times on the march towards anti-science and fascism
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    A leftist that thinks the government is the solution to all.
    the guy who is in the white house is claiming to use the arm of the gov't to force businesses to give jobs to people

that is what he said he would do if you voted for him

but hey, stay silent on all of that. it's the leftist that aren't in power in any branch of gov't you should keep harping on
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abc-news-...d-like-attack/

This is not even cable news. It's an absolute joke how bad the media is in the country. If you don't think they are the liberal machine then you are just willfully ignorant. It's fine though. It just adds fuel to the fire for all of us that are sick and tired of what's been happening the past 20+ years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abc-news-...d-like-attack/

This is not even cable news. It's an absolute joke how bad the media is in the country. If you don't think they are the liberal machine then you are just willfully ignorant. It's fine though. It just adds fuel to the fire for all of us that are sick and tired of what's been happening the past 20+ years.
    The Democracy needs a "liberal machine" to fight the money machine. At least they apologized, unlike Fox News.

Here's more of your liberal machine standing up for truth.

CNN Says Trump Quote a FAKE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The Democracy needs a "liberal machine" to fight the money machine. At least they apologized, unlike Fox News.

Here's more of your liberal machine standing up for truth.

CNN Says Trump Quote a FAKE
    That's so sweet of them to apologize through a medium where only 10% at beSt of the orginal audience is affected.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I never expected the market to respond so quickly to trumps economic agenda. I fear it's happening to fast. But for now things are looking up for the US economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The President is a deadbeat
    /////////////////////////////////////////

Freestate says the Trump Organization has offered to pay only one-third of the project change and acceleration costs the contractor incurred. The suit contends that Trump’s businesses have a practice of unfairly pressuring contractors to accept reduced payments on projects.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...ctrical-234167
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-25-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-25-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The President is a deadbeat
    /////////////////////////////////////////

Freestate says the Trump Organization has offered to pay only one-third of the project change and acceleration costs the contractor incurred. The suit contends that Trump’s businesses have a practice of unfairly pressuring contractors to accept reduced payments on projects.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...ctrical-234167
    I'm right there with you on Trump being an awful person, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the President is going to have very little control over whether or not the government makes good on payments as contracted.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    You mean like someone who believes electing a con artist President is the solution to bringing back jobs for the middle class? That kind of fool?
    Like Obama conning our own race in voting for him to making a promise/difference but in actuality it gotten worse, you mean that con artist?

It remains to be seen if Agent Orange/Heat Mizer/Dumpster Fire will go down the same lane as Obama, empty promises and difference in our race. At least he is trying for now.

...and I am waiting to pounce on him when he doesn't do the job.

All other stuff outside of nuclear war codes, depriving me of my own feelings, I don't give two schits about.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    In order to judge Trump fairly I think we need to list the campaign promises Obama kept, the ones he reneged on, and the ones he flat out lied. For example, Obama said the fed would not raid state legal marijuana dispencaries. That was an outright lie. Obama said he would run the most transparent administration.

You could do this with any president. They all lie to get elected. The few that dont get blacklisted like Ron Paul.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I never expected the market to respond so quickly to trumps economic agenda. I fear it's happening to fast. But for now things are looking up for the US economy.
    for the market to equal what it did under obama, it will have to end at 50,000

but i guess we are now taking about the dow as opposed to what i was told under Obama?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    In order to judge Trump fairly I think we need to list the campaign promises Obama kept, the ones he reneged on, and the ones he flat out lied. For example, Obama said the fed would not raid state legal marijuana dispencaries. That was an outright lie. Obama said he would run the most transparent administration.
    lol

what a tight rope you are walking trying to not attack obvious things you would be attacking Obama for if he was doing but instead it's the orange abortion

President Obama spoke about this tension when asked why his administration had ramped up efforts to raid medical marijuana dispensaries.

“What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana,” the President told reporters.

“I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana—and the reason is because it’s against federal law.”

Toward the end of 2014, Obama took what many saw as a step toward offering increased protection to dispensaries when he signed a new set of spending laws stipulating that federal agents would no longer be allowed to raid medical marijuana dispensaries in states where it was legal.

That law was upheld in 2015 when a federal court in California said that it was unlawful for the DEA to use federal funds for dispensary raids that were operating according to local and state laws.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (01-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    As they scrub the government web sites of Climate Science -- we get un substantiated claims AGAIN of voter fraud.
    It's kinda like the slow song at a wedding - you can always tell when it's coming

LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 10m10 minutes ago

LOLGOP Retweeted Caroline O.

All the evidence in the world isn't enough to get the GOP to fight climate change. But no evidence necessary to deny black people the vote

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Does this strike anyone else as off ?

Caroline O.
    ‏@RVAwonk

WOW. Spicer just admitted Trump's 'voter fraud' investigation will focus on states where Trump lost; "urban areas" mentioned specifically.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In light of this.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-voter-fraud

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Tom Bonier Verified account
    ‏@tbonier

For those keeping count, I've found that Bannon, Mnuchin, Priebus, Kushner, and Tiffany Trump are all registered to vote in two locations.

/////////////////

Tom Bonier ‏@tbonier 38m38 minutes ago

To be clear, there's no evidence they voted in two states in the same election. The point is Trump calls this fraud. It's not.
    6 replies 106 retweets 168 likes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 29m29 minutes ago

Republicans are worried about Trump's erratic ramblings but they'll only be terrified if he becomes a woman who uses a private email server.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    All Trump has proven is he can sign a piece of paper with a pen. What happens when he needs 60 senate votes for stuff? How is he going to convince people?