Page 833 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3337337838238318328338348358438839331333 ... LastLast
Results 16,641 to 16,660 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Got to give it to this chode

He loves some praise from dictators and is envious of them

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    NK's plan is to is kiss Trump's ass then keep on doing whatever they want.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (07-18-2018), goldfly (07-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    what they do is over criminilize everything then selectively enforce the law.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.straight.com/cannabis/11...nected-canadas

US issuing lifetime bans for people connected in almost any way to the legal cannabis market in Canada. Sell equipment to them? Banned. Work for a company that sells equipment to them? Banned. Sell soil to them? Banned.

I bet I know who wont have this standard applied to them. Canadian government employees. The government profits from cannabis sales via taxes. I bet they wont be banned. I bet bank employees where these legal buisnesses have their accounts wont be touched either.

Really at the point where I wish the rest of the world would isolate and sanction us. Cut off trade, cut off diplomatic relations, cut off travel from US citizens.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    NK's plan is to is kiss Trump's ass then keep on doing whatever they want.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I would love for us to leave NATO

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I'm really rooting for Korean peace. Sad that you are not. But it appears to me were closer than ever before. And it also.sounds like Soth Korea is confident peace is coming. That's good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    NATO has nothing to do with defense and everything to do with enabling our imperialism. Who are we going to fight? Russia? If we need a trillion dollar military budget plus NATO to defend against Russia and their 60 billion a year military budget then something is wrong. Trump upped our military budget by more than Putin spends in a year on the military. What about China? Their military equipment is embarrassingly bad.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    NATO has nothing to do with defense and everything to do with enabling our imperialism. Who are we going to fight? Russia? If we need a trillion dollar military budget plus NATO to defend against Russia and their 60 billion a year military budget then something is wrong. Trump upped our military budget by more than Putin spends in a year on the military. What about China? Their military equipment is embarrassingly bad.
    We spend way more than we need on defense. Which is not the same issue as membership in NATO, which imo has and continues to serve some useful purposes. Its most useful effect has been in deterring military aggression against member countries. I'll make the observation that if Ukraine was a member, the whole thing over Crimea would never have happened.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Bu bu but Paris Accord!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    There is serious concern in all branches of our military about China's recent improvement in weaponry. Stealing so much of our research has allowed them to focus R&D on areas where we are weak. Hyper velocity missiles, electromagnetic railguns, self guiding non nuclear ballistic missiles. At the same time they have stolen and copied our current stealth fighter technology, stolen and copied our AEGIS missile defense system (this is what we use to acquire, track, and shoot down ballistic missiles), and apparently stolen and copied some of our quiet submarine propulsion tech. This is not the Chinese military of the 80s any more.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    We spend way more than we need on defense. Which is not the same issue as membership in NATO, which imo has and continues to serve some useful purposes. Its most useful effect has been in deterring military aggression against member countries. I'll make the observation that if Ukraine was a member, the whole thing over Crimea would never have happened.
    Defense spending is a complex problem. I feel like certain areas receive far too much of the budget and others nowhere near enough.

Our standing Army, and I am speaking specifically of ground troops, is far larger than necessary. I would love to see the Army, the air leg of our nuclear triad, and the land based leg of our nuclear triad, all cut to a third of their current size. We no longer need a ground force to keep Russia out of the Fulda Gap, and it's lunacy to ever station a single troop anywhere in Asia. Reinvesting half of that money into the Air Force and Navy would leave us far more secure both fiscally and geo-politically than we are now.

The next problem is acquisition. Defense contractors in every sector love to hire retired military personnel. In and of itself that isn't a problem...but the devil is in the details. Too many times we see high level military officers guide a multi billion dollar acquisition from a contractor who ends up hiring them a couple of years later. The parties involved make lots of noises about becoming acquainted with each other during the acquisition process, but it's easy to see a more cynical explanation.

Finally, those who hate the federal bureaucracy seem to wrongly overlook the military for some strange reason. It's difficult to find more bureaucratic bloat than you will find in the present day US military. As an example, we have more Admirals today than we had during the Cold War. Someone recently told me it's more than we had during WW2, but I haven't tried to verify that. That would be disheartening as we had more than 20 times as many ships in WW2 as we have now. The US Navy currently has more Admirals than ships.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (07-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    SCFL still doesn’t understand that not being in the accord is a lack of leadership to hold others to task and do what we are already doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    SCFL still doesn’t understand that not being in the accord is a lack of leadership to hold others to task and do what we are already doing
    Armegheddon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    There is serious concern in all branches of our military about China's recent improvement in weaponry. Stealing so much of our research has allowed them to focus R&D on areas where we are weak. Hyper velocity missiles, electromagnetic railguns, self guiding non nuclear ballistic missiles. At the same time they have stolen and copied our current stealth fighter technology, stolen and copied our AEGIS missile defense system (this is what we use to acquire, track, and shoot down ballistic missiles), and apparently stolen and copied some of our quiet submarine propulsion tech. This is not the Chinese military of the 80s any more.

the best military stuff is incredibly expensive. Its going to take a long time for China to catch up. We have far superior air forces and and Navy. Let me ask you this, should China and Russia not consider the US a threat? We are the danger to world peace. Not China and not Russia.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    We are the danger to world peace. Not China and not Russia.
    Which country did we recently seize territory from as Russia has done with Crimea.

Which country are we occupying as China has done for decades in Tibet, while conducting a massive population relocation program that is turning Tibetans into a minority population in their own country.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Which country are we occupying as China has done for decades in Tibet,
    Seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

Our aggressive foreign policy since ww2 is the problem. We actively overthrow goverments to expand our influence but God forbid any other country does it.

Russia is defending itself from our aggression, not the other way around.

It’s over."