Page 862 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3627628128528608618628638648729129621362 ... LastLast
Results 17,221 to 17,240 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    A DHS staffer who had attended immigration policy meetings at the WH has been found to be a neo-Nazi fellow traveler. That’s on the heels of a WH speechwriter being fired when he was discovered to have given a speech at a white nationalist conference, and Larry Kudlow palling around with a prominent white nationalist.

But the problem, see, is accusations of racism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    His policies have been all anyone who voted for him could have hoped for. His first SC pick falls in the same category, and his second SC pick is good enough.

The noise and belligerence is annoying, but I think anyone not on the left side of the political spectrum has realized that they would have heard non-stop Chicken Littling from the press with anyone from the right as President.

I know a lot of Trump voters. I don't know any who approve of the things that come out of his mouth, or the affairs, or the tweeting, but I also don't know of any who regret voting for him. That's a reflection of where the left side of the political spectrum is these days. Trump is just the beneficiary.

I think it is a parallel story with Robert Johnson.
    Yeah, he got to sing and play that ****, but ...
    ///////////

Makes one wonder, ... if this is what you have to do to get the SC you want and tax cuts ?
    There is a Winston Churchill story that exemplifies my thoughts as well.
    You look it up for yourself

Bear in mind, your votes for SC and tax cuts were 3.5 million less.
    A minority
    But this is what you had to do to get the policies you taut
    There is a word ...
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-31-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    His policies have been all anyone who voted for him could have hoped for. His first SC pick falls in the same category, and his second SC pick is good enough. .
    Death toll in Puerto Rico with only a "fend for yourself" response
    ICE
    Fiasco with N Korea
    Alienated Canada. You voted for that ? (I thought long a hard about whether to include a question mark)
    The distractions are collecting guilty pleas and guilty verdicts

You voted to expose your daughters to a man that spoke sexually of his pubescent daughter
    Support for Roy Moore -- you voted for that ? But his policies ...
    "good people on both sides"
    the Muslim Ban ?
    The tax give away ( that must be the policy ... )

Canada --- really ? Canada

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    His policies have been all anyone who voted for him could have hoped for. His first SC pick falls in the same category, and his second SC pick is good enough. .
    And what "policy" absolves him from the fiasco / embarrassment / disrespect that was the official US response to the death of John McCain ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-31-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    His policies have been all anyone who voted for him could have hoped for. His first SC pick falls in the same category, and his second SC pick is good enough.

The noise and belligerence is annoying, but I think anyone not on the left side of the political spectrum has realized that they would have heard non-stop Chicken Littling from the press with anyone from the right as President.

I know a lot of Trump voters. I don't know any who approve of the things that come out of his mouth, or the affairs, or the tweeting, but I also don't know of any who regret voting for him. That's a reflection of where the left side of the political spectrum is these days. Trump is just the beneficiary.

and this:
    The court filings describe other criminal activity by Patten, including obstructing a U.S. Senate inquiry by withholding documents and giving false and misleading testimony to disguise his straw-buyer scheme.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...itter-politics

there is more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    but I also don't know of any who regret voting for him.

That's a reflection of where the left side of the political spectrum is these days. Trump is just the beneficiary.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...defectors.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...710-story.html
    (this was 2016)
    -----------

or stories of Harley Davidson workers, Carrier employees and numerous -numerous other stories that seem to surface on a weekly basis.
    Wonder what the people of Hispanic descent that voted for Trump are thinking ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-31-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    One question JAW ---

can you think of anyone that voted for HRC that says, " man, Trump's policies !! He has my vote now"

or even Rubio,Cruz Kascich etc etc etc
    ****, throw in Christie.
    Name me a Chris Christie voter that says, "man I was wrong this Trump guy ..."
    the phrase Trump over performing is not one readily associated to DJT

all he has done is rubber stamp (R) / TeaBagg dogma - no different than any of the (R) names I named above.
    Why Trump - not say, Rubio? John Kascich ? Ted Cruz ?
    Why not ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-31-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    His policies have been all anyone who voted for him could have hoped for. ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.3ceb3e8e381c

Experts say the months children spent apart from family members can cause them permanent emotional harm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    In all seriousness, you should consult a counselor. And spend less time on the internet.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    A DHS staffer who had attended immigration policy meetings at the WH has been found to be a neo-Nazi fellow traveler. That’s on the heels of a WH speechwriter being fired when he was discovered to have given a speech at a white nationalist conference, and Larry Kudlow palling around with a prominent white nationalist.

But the problem, see, is accusations of racism.
    This is the same line of thinking of "better 1,000 innocent men be jailed than 1 guilty man roam free"

Your accusations of "everybody is a racist" is fun and all, but it doesn't help your cause. I promise.

What policies has the Trump admin put in place are racist?

I was speaking to a liberal today about this... you know what she said? "Black people need our help"

Tell me again, who is racist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This is the same line of thinking of "better 1,000 innocent men be jailed than 1 guilty man roam free"

Your accusations of "everybody is a racist" is fun and all, but it doesn't help your cause. I promise.

I was speaking to a liberal today about this... you know what she said? "Black people need our help"

For starters, I’d take a close look at the folks who keep totally-by-accident hiring white supremacists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Hmm. I’ll take “Immigration Policy” for $1000, Alex.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Let’s call that one the official portrait and be done with it lol
    The GOLD curtains!?!

He has to be surrounded by gold at all times.
    Last edited by Runnin; 08-31-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

It's not only policy. He spews racist blather on an almost daily basis and it has a cumulative effect. He knows this, the same way he knows lying about something over and over will eventually take hold with enough people.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Hmm. I’ll take “Immigration Policy” for $1000, Alex.
    Which policies? Deportations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    There is a lot of scaremongering about Roe, but let’s not pretend there also isn’t a multi-decade effort in conservative jurisprudence, and a corresponding effort wrt judicial appointments, to chip away at it and ultimately knock the legs out from underneath it.

This isn’t that.
    Planned Parenthood is doing just fine. They get a lot more money than the NRA from the tax payers for example.. and they actually kill people!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Sorry for not responding. I have been traveling quite a bit from work. I do hope you will return the favor across other threads, though.

Meanwhile, I'm kinda confused on why the tweet posted is good for prison reform (not sarcastic).

I admittedly don't follow local elections very much. I trust that you are correct that democrats are doing more progress on prison reform than republicans. I hope you are right.

Feels like this would be more effective as a top down strategy though. I think we could make a lot more progress if the feds supported prison reform.. but they haven't to date. I am optimistic we are heading that way though especially with the progress on drug restrictions loosening.

Anyhow, libertarians will always support personal liberty and treating people as individuals. I think this is the right approach, rather than picking and choosing when the state knows better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

I’m not even sure what this first paragraph means.

As for the second bit, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Nothing says “everybody is racist” like saying “this guy who socializes with literal neo-Nazis and jokes about a ‘Jew-free space’ is racist.”

An animating energy of Trumpism is white status anxiety. I don’t know how one could deny this with a straight face. You could chop up voter data that finds certain attitudes towards race correlative with support for Trump (as has been done repeatedly) or you could just, I dunno, watch Fox News and get the latest on “unwanted demographic change” and the plight of white farmers in South Africa.

Racism is inextricably intertwined with that side of the political spectrum, and I could literally spend days providing concrete evidence for why that’s the case. You don’t exactly help that case when, instead of just acknowledging the poison and differentiating yourself from it, you spend your energy dismissing and deflecting and suggesting that calling people racist is the real problem.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I’m not even sure what this first paragraph means.

As for the second bit, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Nothing says “everybody is racist” like saying “this guy who socializes with literal neo-Nazis and jokes about a ‘Jew-free space’ is racist.”

An animating energy of Trumpism is white status anxiety. I don’t know how one could deny this with a straight face. You could chop up voter data that finds certain attitudes towards race correlative with support for Trump (as has been done repeatedly) or you could just, I dunno, watch Fox News and get the latest on “unwanted demographic change” and the plight of white farmers in South Africa.

Racism is inextricably intertwined with that side of the political spectrum, and I could literally spend days providing concrete evidence for why that’s the case. You don’t exactly help that case when, instead of just acknowledging the poison and differentiating yourself from it, you spend your energy dismissing and deflecting and suggesting that calling people racist is the real problem.
    No one ever accused trump of being racist until he ran for the presidency. There’s plenty of pictures of him accepting awards for the work he’s done for/with minorities

When did trump become racist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Sorry for not responding. I have been traveling quite a bit from work. I do hope you will return the favor across other threads, though.

Meanwhile, I'm kinda confused on why the tweet posted is good for prison reform (not sarcastic).

I admittedly don't follow local elections very much. I trust that you are correct that democrats are doing more progress on prison reform than republicans. I hope you are right.

Feels like this would be more effective as a top down strategy though. I think we could make a lot more progress if the feds supported prison reform.. but they haven't to date. I am optimistic we are heading that way though especially with the progress on drug restrictions loosening.

Anyhow, libertarians will always support personal liberty and treating people as individuals. I think this is the right approach, rather than picking and choosing when the state knows better
    To the bolded question, it’s good for criminal justice reform because the prevailing cash bail system results in people being imprisoned pre-trial because they do not have the financial resources to afford bond payments. As a proponent of personal liberty, I’d assume that you’d think that people shouldn’t be denied while awaiting due process.

To the larger point, I agree that I’d rather see more top-down solutions, but the fact is, federal legislation can only control the federal CJ system. So, sure, there is a lot of top-down reform on FEDERAL sentencing guidelines, national drug policy, etc, that could be enacted, but law enforcement and criminal justice are largely state and local issues. My point is that Democrats, and, more specifically, the left wing of same, are passionately and energetically engaged on those issues.