Page 95 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 458593949596971051451955951095 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And on its Facebook page, the group asserted that the vandalism and arson were not “violence.” Instead, the group argued that Yiannopoulos and Trump perpetrate violence through the policies they support.

“Dismantling police fences is not violent. And to compare preventing someone like that from speaking to the real-world violence that they perpetuate everyday is ludicrous,” reads one post on the group’s Facebook page.

So actual violence is not violence. But policies which were voted on in this election are violence.

You can't make this stuff up and its rationalized because this has been the rhetoric of the left for decades.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think it was even one degree of separation removed from that.

Thethe. Come on, man.
    Soros has funded these protests.

You are actually going to try and make an argument that this wasn't exactly what he hopeed for(if he didn't actually push for it himself through his staff).?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    ANd of course this comes on the heals of the DNC getting caught red handed paying people to cause disturbances at Trump ralley. I'm sure the wealthy globalists have decided to stop getting involved with their agenda.
    I hope you are beginning to prepare yourself for the inevitable end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I hope you are beginning to prepare yourself for the inevitable end.
    You mean the Western world finally getting tired of the regressive LIberal movement?

I definitely can't wait. I look forward to a future where we can actually have a free exchange of opposing ideas. You know, the original intentions of Liberals.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    thethe, is any one here, from the left or otherwise, condoning the violent actions at Berkeley? The issue we have is that of all the thousands-to-millions of Americans that have marched against Trump in the past 2 weeks, the Breitbarts of the world keep focusing on the wrong actions of just a few. These wrong actions are then used to suggest that the left is violent and coming unglued over the election, when in reality there are stupid ****s doing stupid things. Meanwhile, the President is doing his own number of stupid things, which might be just a tiny bit worse given his level of influence compared to the idiots smashing car windows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    thethe, is any one here, from the left or otherwise, condoning the violent actions at Berkeley? The issue we have is that of all the thousands-to-millions of Americans that have marched against Trump in the past 2 weeks, the Breitbarts of the world keep focusing on the wrong actions of just a few. These wrong actions are then used to suggest that the left is violent and coming unglued over the election, when in reality there are stupid ****s doing stupid things. Meanwhile, the President is doing his own number of stupid things, which might be just a tiny bit worse given his level of influence compared to the idiots smashing car windows.
    Its more than the violent protesters. Its dangerous when people are shamed into thinking differently. If someone wants to not like Muslims let them have that thought. If someone doesn't want to like Gay people let them have their thoughts. Same goes with anti-feminist thoguhts. Its ok if people think that. Should they be more enlightened? I can see the argument in that.

But the world we are living in right now is shaming people for thinking the way they want to think and that isn't right and not productive. It's these attacks that have paved the way for the violent protests and they are only getting larger in number and frequency.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It's much more than that. These violent protests are a manifestation of the rhetoric and ideology the left has rolled out for the last 30 years. You can deny it all you want but they used their bully pulpit to make their ideological constituency rationalize why it's OK to call anyone a racist and all other ridiculous phobe's just because someone would have these audacity to ever think any other way of thinking was right other than theirs.

So while you focus on the riots of the last few weeks ill point to the strategy which has been purposely pushed for decades
    Ok. Would you like me to use the same time frame and make a perfect hysterical analog to your case, only using the right-wing foundation/think-tank/media axis as the boogeyman? How they've successfully mainstreamed what used to be considered extremism on a number of fronts?

Your naïveté is kinda touching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Soros has funded these protests.

You are actually going to try and make an argument that this wasn't exactly what he hopeed for(if he didn't actually push for it himself through his staff).?
    This is just so lame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ok. Would you like me to use the same time frame and make a perfect hysterical analog to your case, only using the right-wing foundation/think-tank/media axis as the boogeyman? How they've successfully mainstreamed what used to be considered extremism on a number of fronts?

Your naïveté is kinda touching.
    What type of free speech and thought has the right attempted to suppressed?
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Its more than the violent protesters. Its dangerous when people are shamed into thinking differently. If someone wants to not like Muslims let them have that thought. If someone doesn't want to like Gay people let them have their thoughts. Same goes with anti-feminist thoguhts. Its ok if people think that. Should they be more enlightened? I can see the argument in that.

But the world we are living in right now is shaming people for thinking the way they want to think and that isn't right and not productive. It's these attacks that have paved the way for the violent protests and they are only getting larger in number and frequency.
    People can think whatever awful thing they want. I just think it's best to avoid turning those ****ty thoughts into national policies, and generally support it when people voice their objections to such ideas being given a public forum. I don't think we should actually restrict people like Milo from having an audience, but I also think it's fair to protest such things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Look, I sympathize with what I perceive your ultimate point to be. But seriously, I encourage you to consider how corrosive those "thoughts" have been when they've been expressed as policy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    People can think whatever awful thing they want. I just think it's best to avoid turning those ****ty thoughts into national policies, and generally support it when people voice their objections to such ideas being given a public forum. I don't think we should actually restrict people like Milo from having an audience, but I also think it's fair to protest such things.
    Protest is an amazing power of the people and should always be there.

Again, this is more of the lefts rhetoric the last 30 years where everyones a racist. Bill Maher had to apologize for calling George Bush all types of evil things such as racist because now Trump is the new devil. I mean how many times to HRC and her surrogates call the right racist in this most recent election cycle? Its been a steady stream of speech silencing for a long time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,740 Posts
    At what point are people going to realize that Milo is intentionally saying whatever he can to piss off the SJW. Words only have the power you give them. He is out there making a point. He is a gay jewish immigrant who likes getting ****ed by black men. He could out victim all of the snowflakes but he doesnt give people that power over him.

Really what is the difference from Muslims violently rioting because they are offended they saw a womans ankle and these SJW violently rioting because they are offended. As I have always said we need to be offending these people so they out themselves, then we can deal with them. A lot of these SJW need mental help. Guess what the people in the nut houses call the staff.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 02-05-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Look, I sympathize with what I perceive your ultimate point to be. But seriously, I encourage you to consider how corrosive those "thoughts" have been when they've been expressed as policy.
    I would never want someone in power to ever legislate based on these thoughts. I'm sorry if you have misunderstood my stance on the issue.

I do however believe that if the statistics bear our truths then it can't be considered racist such as saying that a big problem in the african american community is the lack of a father figure at home or that the majority of terrorism in the world right now is perpetrated by Muslims. These statistics are important in determining the best approach to solve really improtant issues facing us in the future.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    It's kind of a giggle to see how consumers of right wing media are now full-throated champions of "free speech," while simultaneously kinda misunderstanding what free speech is.

You're saying that the campus shenanigans by some black-bloc-ers and anarchists are more representative of the (derp) left than, for example, the literal millions of people who have marched nationwide without conflict or violence in the last couple of weeks.

Fascim. Grow up.
    You know... you'd have a point if violence was not a consistent and repetitive act that we have seen at every possible turn over the last couple years.

You are right... the majority of the left are not resorting to violence. But I don't care as seemingly every protest involves it now and all of those protests are left-wing originated.

If you cannot admit that the left tries to bully people into agreeing with them, either by name calling, snobbiness, or downright violence, then you are being intentionally dense.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Also.. completely turning a blind eye to Soros' involvement is also very dangerous.

I can see this country turning against each other so rapidly... people are SO QUICK to prove the other side wrong... they never accept blame for their fault. It's always to beat the other side.

Every protest ends in verbal shaming at best or violence at worst... At some point it will get bad enough where the government will demand to get involved and I worry what that would lead to.

Trump can only be a dictator if you give him a reason to be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Also.. completely turning a blind eye to Soros' involvement is also very dangerous.

I can see this country turning against each other so rapidly... people are SO QUICK to prove the other side wrong... they never accept blame for their fault. It's always to beat the other side.

Every protest ends in verbal shaming at best or violence at worst... At some point it will get bad enough where the government will demand to get involved and I worry what that would lead to.

Trump can only be a dictator if you give him a reason to be
    I thought it was scary how little traction the news of the DNCS involvement in the violence at Trump rallys got.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    You mean the Western world finally getting tired of the regressive LIberal movement?

I definitely can't wait. I look forward to a future where we can actually have a free exchange of opposing ideas. You know, the original intentions of Liberals.
    I honestly have no idea why you keep harping about the Left. The culture of America is not going to suddenly disappear.

I was asking if you are preparing yourself for the ultimate collapse of the criminal, illegitimate, fascist regime and its despicable dictator wannabe that you have somehow attached yourself to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I honestly have no idea why you keep harping about the Left. The culture of America is not going to suddenly disappear.

I was asking if you are preparing yourself for the ultimate collapse of the criminal, illegitimate, fascist regime and its despicable dictator wannabe that you have somehow attached yourself to.
    Sure thing.

Let's revisit this in 4 years when Trump is deciding on running for a second term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I am confused.

Is " the left " bullies or snow flakes that need safe spaces ?