User Tag List

Page 984 of 996 FirstFirst ... 484884934974982983984985986994 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,680 of 19917

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #19661
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,757
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 4,821 Times in 2,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former lawyer, will for the first time publicly accuse the president of criminal conduct while in office related to a hush-money payment to a porn star, a person familiar with his planned testimony before Congress said.

    Appearing on Wednesday before the House Oversight Committee, Mr. Cohen also will make public some of Mr. Trump’s private financial statements and allege that Mr. Trump at times inflated or deflated his net worth for business and personal purposes, including avoiding paying property taxes, the person said. The financial statements were developed by Mr. Trump’s accountant, the person said. The Wall Street Journal hasn’t seen those statements.

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/cohen-t...ce-11551175201
    I think Trump is guilty of a lot of sh*t (all of which I doubt will lead to impeachment), but I will give him a pass on this one. It's a pretty much standard business practice.

  2. #19662
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,219
    Thanks
    2,627
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I think Trump is guilty of a lot of sh*t (all of which I doubt will lead to impeachment), but I will give him a pass on this one. It's a pretty much standard business practice.

    You are assuming he did it a reasonable amount. If I know anything about Trump he took it to an extreme.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  3. #19663
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,032
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We are not the same. We were not made to be the same.
    Why?

    Here's a secret, the reason the army doesn't "want" women is because they're harder to brainwash than testosterone ridden 18 year old men. They're just as capable of doing the same job.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  4. #19664
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,538
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 397 Times in 319 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I think Trump is guilty of a lot of sh*t (all of which I doubt will lead to impeachment), but I will give him a pass on this one. It's a pretty much standard business practice.
    Everyone that has walked on Earth has embellished thier own worth. Companies too

  5. #19665
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,757
    Thanks
    3,152
    Thanked 4,821 Times in 2,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Everyone that has walked on Earth has embellished thier own worth. Companies too
    I guess you're not of Scandinavian descent. Most of us squareheads walk around the Earth bemoaning our deserved inferior status. Politely of course.

  6. #19666
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Everyone that has walked on Earth has embellished thier own worth. Companies too
    isn't the word - fraud ?

    Claim: Donald Trump claimed he could "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not "lose any voters."
    Fact check by Snopes.com: True
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  7. #19667
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Everyone that has walked on Earth has embellished thier own worth. Companies too
    Let’s be honest: Trump’s taxes aren’t in hiding because they included a Form-1099 from Vladimir Putin “for services rendered.” Trump wants the IRS to burn his records because they clearly show that he committed multiple, regular felonies in reporting his taxes. He broke the law. Just like he did with Trump University. Just like he did with the Trump “charity.” Just like he did in covering up the real worth of what he inherited from his father. Just like he did in money laundering through his New Jersey casinos. Just like he did all day, every day, at his business.

    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-about-justice

    ...............................

    So not only do I disagree with Krgrecw but take issue with 50#'s nonchalance
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-26-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  8. #19668
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,348
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Let’s be honest: Trump’s taxes aren’t in hiding because they included a Form-1099 from Vladimir Putin “for services rendered.” Trump wants the IRS to burn his records because they clearly show that he committed multiple, regular felonies in reporting his taxes. He broke the law. Just like he did with Trump University. Just like he did with the Trump “charity.” Just like he did in covering up the real worth of what he inherited from his father. Just like he did in money laundering through his New Jersey casinos. Just like he did all day, every day, at his business.

    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-about-justice

    ...............................

    So not only do I disagree with Krgrecw but take issue with 50#'s nonchalance
    he is a career criminal whose luck is just starting to run out

    and no they don't all do it

    to not recognize that Trump brings a special kind of venality and criminality to the Oval Office is to miss the elephant in the room
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  9. #19669
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,948
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,619 Times in 2,647 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Why?

    Here's a secret, the reason the army doesn't "want" women is because they're harder to brainwash than testosterone ridden 18 year old men. They're just as capable of doing the same job.
    This is some stupid **** right here.

  10. #19670
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,752
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Why?

    Here's a secret, the reason the army doesn't "want" women is because they're harder to brainwash than testosterone ridden 18 year old men. They're just as capable of doing the same job.
    So what you're saying is... men and women are not the same?

  11. #19671
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,538
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 397 Times in 319 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Let’s be honest: Trump’s taxes aren’t in hiding because they included a Form-1099 from Vladimir Putin “for services rendered.” Trump wants the IRS to burn his records because they clearly show that he committed multiple, regular felonies in reporting his taxes. He broke the law. Just like he did with Trump University. Just like he did with the Trump “charity.” Just like he did in covering up the real worth of what he inherited from his father. Just like he did in money laundering through his New Jersey casinos. Just like he did all day, every day, at his business.

    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-about-justice

    ...............................

    So not only do I disagree with Krgrecw but take issue with 50#'s nonchalance


    Never once in your life have you not lied about your salary or personal wealth? We all have.

  12. #19672
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,348
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Never once in your life have you not lied about your salary or personal wealth? We all have.
    do you know anyone who lies like Trump
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  13. #19673
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,092
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    do you know anyone who lies like Trump
    That’s an interesting question. Can you think of anyone in American public life who’s lied like Trump, in frequency or magnitude? Anyone?

  14. #19674
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,950
    Thanks
    6,617
    Thanked 6,562 Times in 3,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    do you know anyone who lies like Trump
    They have to keep the both sides mantra going. It's the only way Trump's corruption doesn't stand out to everyone else to where they can't just ignore it.

    They've set the bar so high now with the collusion thing that anything less than Trump walking out of 1700 Penn Ave in handcuffs will be see I told you so. Doesn't matter if nearly all of his lieutenants go to jail either. If someone falls on the sword for him and it gived him enough insulation that he won't be charged we'll never hear the end of it.
    Forever Fredi


  15. #19675
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,948
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,619 Times in 2,647 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So what you're saying is... men and women are not the same?
    The lulz
    Warm feelings guy!

  16. #19676
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Never once in your life have you not lied about your salary or personal wealth? We all have.
    Never - not ???
    Be glad Hawk isn't around
    /////

    to your question,
    No, why would I ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  17. #19677
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,348
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  18. #19678
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanks
    3,036
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Never once in your life have you not lied about your salary or personal wealth? We all have.
    I've never lied about my personal wealth in order to get money from someone.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  19. #19679
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanks
    3,036
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    That's pretty shocking. The fallout over running cover for Trump is going to be long lasting.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  20. #19680
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanks
    3,036
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the WH has scheduled the dinner with the NK dictator to coincide exactly with Michael Cohen's public testimony. They really do have a sense of humor.

    What else will Trump do during the dinner to distract attention away from Cohen?
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-26-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •