Page 716 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067147157167177187267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,320 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    or you could read the article - understand what transpired and move on

being the Trump apologist you've become it is surprising you have trouble with
    "negotiated settlement"
    or "interest"
    or negotiations that have lasted decades

but hey, that's the world of CNN sourcing
    How the mighty have fallen
    You said the money was frozen in a bank account. You were completely wrong.
    You said that that is how sanctions work. You were completely wrong.
    You said that the deal satisfied both parties. You were completely wrong.

Ain't that enough wrongness for one go around?

Stick to whining about losing the election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    someone wrote "countries" yesterday but really meant "country's"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    No, I just correct you because I still have hope for you. Your jealousy/hatred of him is all based on the us vs them metric and not in reality. You can say you disagreed with is politics, but you take it to fantasyland.

I actually wanted Hillary in '08. I thought Obama was too young and inexperienced, but he learned fast, and yes, I grew to admire him and his style. He wasn't as hawkish as some would have like but you have to remember he took over in the middle of a major foreign policy disaster with 2 wars going and a spent military. Of course he is viewed poorly by people who regard any diplomacy short of in your face belligerence as passive and weak.
    Wasn't as hawkish? The dude bowed to Islamic extremism and allowed it to flourish based on his inaction. The results speak for themselves, both domestically and abroad. He was a horrible president. There is no justification for Obama even being an average president. His two defining legislations were disasters. ISIS rose under his watch and Russia seized land while we did nothing. Let's not forget all the appeasement of China's land grabs. He dissed Israel many times over. Let Hezbollah deal drugs in our hemisphere when they could have been easily stopped.

Just an awful human being. But, he did win a Nobel prize.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You said the money was frozen in a bank account. You were completely wrong.
    You said that that is how sanctions work. You were completely wrong.
    You said that the deal satisfied both parties. You were completely wrong.

Ain't that enough wrongness for one go around?

Stick to whining about losing the election.
    I was really hoping you would locate the vault where the money was stored . Did the Iranaians dig a hole in the middle of Iowa ?
    Iran had set up a $400 million trust fund for such purchases

They technically may not be sanctions. However this:
    The settlement comes as the U.S. is unfreezing a much larger pool of Iranian assets, estimated at between $100-$150 billion, as part of the nuclear deal.

Are you saying the Iranians were not satisfied ? Because of the two primary parties one is quoted above as being satisfied
    "Clearly, it's in the U.S. interest to resolve these (claims) in ways that reduce our risk," a senior administration official told reporters in a conference call. "And we believe that this is a very positive settlement for us."

Stick to whining about losing the election
    Don't boo --- vote

These quotes from an article you posted
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-12-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I was really hoping you would locate the vault where the money was stored . Did the Iranaians dig a hole in the middle of Iowa ?
    Iran had set up a $400 million trust fund for such purchases
    Post #14289

They technically may not be sanctions.
    Ok.

Were the Iranians not satisfied ? Because the two primary parties are on record as being satisfied
    "Clearly, it's in the U.S. interest to resolve these (claims) in ways that reduce our risk," a senior administration official told reporters in a conference call. "And we believe that this is a very positive settlement for us."
    I don't know, you tell me, they violated the terms over 5 times in less than one year.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    No parallel. No parallel.
    The parallel is between observed commentary on the two issues, not between the issues themselves.

I do eagerly anticipate the continued application of lipstick to the pig.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    The parallel is between observed commentary on the two issues, not between the issues themselves.

I do eagerly anticipate the continued application of lipstick to the pig.
    I thought you couldn't recollect the commentary. I'm so confused. Smoke and mirrors.

It's going to be hard for me to top forlorn bellyaching over a meeting that hasn't even transpired yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Post #14289

Ok.

I don't know, you tell me, they violated the terms over 5 times in less than one year.

I for the life of me can't figure out how the misuse (or lack thereof) of an apostrophe got past you.
    Its CNN turning your brain to mush
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-12-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I mean political commentary. Comments from this board. People like thethe, who are already crediting Trump with denuclearizing nuclear the peninsula but treat the Obama administration's negotiations with Iran as if they had personally nuked Tel Aviv. Good god.

If I'm bellyaching, it's from concern this has come about from an imprudent attempt to win a news cycle, which has led to (already dampened) speculation about an unlikely event, the full fruition of which ultimately depends on the competence and judgement of a guy who is barely competent to deliver legislative layups through a friendly Congress. If you'd rather filibuster about Obama's Iran deal, ok.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (03-12-2018), CK86 (03-13-2018), Runnin (03-12-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I mean political commentary. Comments from this board. People like thethe, who are already crediting Trump with denuclearizing nuclear the peninsula but treat the Obama administration's negotiations with Iran as if they had personally nuked Tel Aviv. Good god.

If I'm bellyaching, it's from concern this has come about from an imprudent attempt to win a news cycle, which has led to (already dampened) speculation about an unlikely event, the full fruition of which ultimately depends on the competence and judgement of a guy who is barely competent to deliver legislative layups through a friendly Congress. If you'd rather filibuster about Obama's Iran deal, ok.
    We've already made more progress with NK under this administration than in the three prior. Forgive me if I'm optimistic since denuclearizarion has already been mentioned. Whether you want to admit it or not this administration's response to the threats of NK were part of the equation that is beginning thsee talks.

Obama had to pay off Iran to get to the table and ignore their terrorist arm. Obama gave away the house to get nothing. Trump hasn't given an inch and got them to the table (hopefully).

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    thethe said, "If denuclearization happens".

That's it. Chillax with the reach.

Blame it on the South Korean delegation then. They are the ones that flew to the White House, direct from Pyongyang, still reeking of soju and 7.27's.

Anyways, you know as well as I do that if the two end up meeting 75%+ of the framework will be pre-agreed upon, negotiated by emissaries. And that framework will focus much more on unification activity (such as reopening Kaesong) than on weapons, because that is what history dictates and that is what the South Koreans have signaled since day 1 of Moon Jae-in's administration.

There is a chance that Kim Jong-un is of a different mind than his father. That this diplomatic progression could evolve into much more. What happened during the Olympics was historic - important to not overlook it. At the same time, I'd like to know how much money the South Koreans have been sending North Korea over the past several months.

It's OK to maintain an oversized hope about all of this, even if Trump is the one to walk away bragging about a peace he didn't orchestrate.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-12-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think it's fine to hold out hope, and in fact I have an open mind and some optimism about the end product of negotiations...just some extreme skepticism about Trump's interjection in them, and concern that he's making the final call, subject to input which may be same and constructive but may be otherwise, and not confident in his discernment.

And my response was based on a comment by thethe which was considerably stronger.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    (((OhNoSheTwitnt)))
    ‏ @OhNoSheTwitnt

In the first 10 minutes of his speech Trump attacked Hillary,

Nancy Pelosi, Liz Warren, Maxine Waters, and Oprah.

Happy Women’s History Month, everyone!
    Gotta have that preferential treatment

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Gotta have that preferential treatment
    because nothing says equality like preferential treatment

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Tom Nichols
    ‏Verified account @RadioFreeTom
    14h14 hours ago

Listening to this speech hardens my belief that the

hard-core rally-type Trumpers cannot be reasoned with,

and should instead be shamed.

The key question, after a year of the illusions finally fading

, is how many decent people still want to be associated with this.

And on queue, here is Hilary, reminding us that Trump voters are just a bunch of racist, sexist, poor people

"There’s all that red in the middle, where Trump won. Now, I win the coasts, I win Illinois, Minnesota, places like that. But what the map doesn’t show you is that I won the places that represent two-thirds of America’s gross domestic product. So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward, and his whole campaign, Make America Great Again, was looking backwards. “You don’t like black people getting rights, you don’t like women getting jobs, you don’t want to see that Indian-American succeeding more than you are, whatever your problem is, I’m going to solve it.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The GDP is large because it represents a handful of corporations and not the people. HRC proving what a terrible person she is.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    land where no one is really matters the most. lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Wasn't as hawkish? The dude bowed to Islamic extremism and allowed it to flourish based on his inaction. The results speak for themselves, both domestically and abroad. He was a horrible president. There is no justification for Obama even being an average president. His two defining legislations were disasters. ISIS rose under his watch and Russia seized land while we did nothing. Let's not forget all the appeasement of China's land grabs. He dissed Israel many times over. Let Hezbollah deal drugs in our hemisphere when they could have been easily stopped.

Just an awful human being. But, he did win a Nobel prize.
    He employed a drone strike mentality, which Trump is continuing, took out Saddam. If he allowed ISIS to flourish so, how come after only one year with Trump more or less following the same policies, you say ISIS is now in check?

Your delusion on him is 100% based on your hatred for anything you perceive to be liberal/democratic/the left. Your posts reflect this extreme prejudice. You have a severely deranged mind.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

CK86 (03-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    He employed a drone strike mentality, which Trump is continuing, took out Saddam. If he allowed ISIS to flourish so, how come after only one year with Trump more or less following the same policies, you say ISIS is now in check?

Your delusion on him is 100% based on your hatred for anything you perceive to be liberal/democratic/the left. Your posts reflect this extreme prejudice. You have a severely deranged mind.
    The strategy did change. I notice that this is now a common talking point on the left. The generals have said that. They are now given operational authority to make real time decision's without getting approval from Washington bureaucrats. You know this is true and you know this is the reason the physical caliphate was destroyed so quickly after trumps inauguration.

Unless of course you think this was all building to a point and iraculously the tides turned after trumps election. Surely you can't be that bias?

I also enjoy how you and the rest of the left hides from the Hezbollah and Farakhan stories. Anything to defend the god.
    Natural Immunity Croc