Page 964 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,280 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/42992...-emily-zanotti

Im glad kamala is running so she can extend the California model to the rest of the country.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Please try to. Everything i stated in those two posts were a fact.

Sanctions are irrelevant in comparison to competing with Russia on their main export.
    Russia's GDP plummetted from 2014 to 16 from 2063 billion to 1284. 2017 it jumped up to 1577 and seemingly staying level on that. But their economy has grown

https://www.france24.com/en/20190204...ectations-2018

So maybe Trump really isn't doing anything good and maybe the Obama era Sanctions matter a lot.

I don't want to address your points because they're mainly about things Trump has said. Not things that have happened. Trump can say things but he doesn't do anything. And what he's doing is empowering Putin's stance. Putin looks better than ever in Russia.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/42992...-emily-zanotti

Im glad kamala is running so she can extend the California model to the rest of the country.
    Kamala. lol
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    As for the corruption and waste surrounding the Inauguration Spending, how does a hotel guy get stiffed for $6.4 million? I'll bet that wouldn't happen if that was Trump's own money.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i love the dumb talking point that some on the right wing spit by thinking it's a bad thing if the rest of the country was like California

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i love the dumb talking point that some on the right wing spit by thinking it's a bad thing if the rest of the country was like California

lol
    Weather out of the equation and california has nothing.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Well, they do have the fifth largest economy in the world, so there is that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Well, they do have the fifth largest economy in the world, so there is that.
    Yes because silicon valley loves the weather. If it was as cold as minnesota nobody would be there.

Their actual fiscal policy has created an exodous of the middle class, rampant homelessness and filth/disease.

You have a good old feudal system in Cali.

What a world.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Yes because silicon valley loves the weather. If it was as cold as minnesota nobody would be there.

Their actual fiscal policy has created an exodous of the middle class, rampant homelessness and filth/disease.

You have a good old feudal system in Cali.

What a world.
    "Expensive and grainy. California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on). Some of this is due to climate and soil. No other state, or even a combination of states, can match California’s output per acre. Lemon yields in California, for example, are more than 50 percent higher than in Arizona. California spinach yield per acre is 60 percent higher than the national average. Without California, supply of all these products in the United States and abroad would dip, and in the first few years, a few might be nearly impossible to find. Orchard-based products in particular, such as nuts and some fruits, would take many years to spring back."

I guess that's important too.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    It has Silicon Valley, a world historical force for technological innovation and economic growth.

It also has Hollywood, which for better or worse has had an incredible effect on American and indeed global culture.

Other than that nothing. Certainly nothing compared to say Alabama.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-05-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Yes because silicon valley loves the weather.
    There are a million places on this planet with great weather. But only one Silicon Valley.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    "Expensive and grainy. California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on). Some of this is due to climate and soil. No other state, or even a combination of states, can match California’s output per acre. Lemon yields in California, for example, are more than 50 percent higher than in Arizona. California spinach yield per acre is 60 percent higher than the national average. Without California, supply of all these products in the United States and abroad would dip, and in the first few years, a few might be nearly impossible to find. Orchard-based products in particular, such as nuts and some fruits, would take many years to spring back."

I guess that's important too.
    You forgot to mention pot and vino.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There are a million places on this planet with great weather. But only one Silicon Valley.
    Its america and its great weather. Thats the reason.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Its america and its great weather. Thats the reason.
    So why no Silicon Valley in other places in America with great weather. It is actually a question worth pondering. Why of all the places on this planet Silicon Valley came into being where it did. I heard some interesting thoughts about the subject during a talk given by the department chair of the computer science department at Stanford a few years ago. It is a unique confluence of factors, one of which is a risk taking culture that goes back to the gold rush. There are other places that have some of the ingredients. But none have the whole package. And yeah, I suspect the climate and lifestyle have something to do with it. But those are not the most important factors.

"I am your retribution."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (02-05-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    So when Trump introduces Joshua Trump as a bullying victim at the SOTU, is he going to mention Pocahontas, Lying Ted, Little Marco, Low Energy Jeb or Crooked Hillary? Enquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.

"I am your retribution."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (02-05-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    very legal and very cool! totally clears the president! thank you!
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    So why no Silicon Valley in other places in America with great weather. It is actually a question worth pondering. Why of all the places on this planet Silicon Valley came into being where it did. I heard some interesting thoughts about the subject during a talk given by the department chair of the computer science department at Stanford a few years ago. It is a unique confluence of factors, one of which is a risk taking culture that goes back to the gold rush. There are other places that have some of the ingredients. But none have the whole package. And yeah, I suspect the climate and lifestyle have something to do with it. But those are not the most important factors.
    thethe is not willing to admit that anything good can come from such a liberal environment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    thethe is not willing to admit that anything good can come from such a liberal environment.
    its not even a liberal conservative thing...but an interesting question that can be discussed without ideological presuppositions

btw i'll add my own slightly offbeat theory about California and Silicon Valley...which is that is it influenced by "living on the edge"...this is true in several ways...it is at the edge where a great continent and great ocean meet...this shapes commerce and the economy as well as the outlook of the people...obviously California is not unique in this regard...you can look at other countries and see that some areas are on "the edge" or periphery and as a result have exposure and attitudes that the more insular parts of the country do not have

California is also on the edge in the sense that it exists on a geologically active zone...there are other countries and peoples that have evolved unique cultures (and perhaps attitudes toward risk) that reflect this
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-05-2019 at 10:39 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Well said. There's no one thing that either is the sole engine or sole disqualifier for a state. It's a combination of factors. California was (don't know if it still is) a pioneer in higher education system and their junior college system was (at least when first established) actual college and not warmed-over high school.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 02-05-2019 at 11:08 AM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    thethe totally discrediting California is amazing

much less it keeps a bunch of his ****ty red states a float cause they pay more into this country than they get out of it in taxes
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"