Page 658 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1585586086486566576586596606687087581158 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,160 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._a_leader.html

"For my colleagues who are hoping they might be on the ticket in 2020, I don't think simply moving further and further to the left is the best way to accomplish that," Coons said about those Democrats voting to keep the government closed.

Its almost as if someone has said on this board that the left is moving further and further towards a radical mainstream ideology.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    McConnel did not allow the vote/motion put forward by McCaskill.

$3 per day is not putting money in ones pocket. Is more of a nuisance tax imposed on the 1%.

The growth has been ongoing . Look at a graph

Get a fact right once in a while
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-23-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    That party insured 9 million kids whose parents vote.

That party is the minority. Just like HRC is not the President
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-23-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    1. the pic wouldn't post... bad url. But always helpful to the discussion

2. you still haven't condemned them in any way. Would you like to now? And what happened to mocking me about comparing them to communists? Also - who in government is asking for slavery since you posted that pic first? (prediction, you won't answer any of these questions)

3. you post about a girl making a bad racist joke. I post about a group who physically assaults people, loots and destroys property, and shuts down speech they don't agree with...
    That's just democracy in action, Sturg. Haven't you heard?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I guess I sit on the side that I think GWB, HRC, and thousands of other government officials should be in prison if they were treated like you or I would be
    The idea of draining the swamp was so appealing. We all knew it wouldn't happen, and couldn't happen. But it sure is nice to think of our DC overlords and their subjects being treated equally.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks labeling everyone with politically incorrect viewpoints that we disagree with as extremists is problematic? I mean, I think we should identify people as bad, irresponsible, disingenious, etc. but I personally really dislike the word extremist. This one size fits all thing... I'm just not a huge fan of.

Here's an honest question. Of the folks in the following list, who would you describe as extremist?

Jared Taylor
    Mike Cernovich
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Ben Shapiro
    Alex Jones

I would describe 3 out of 5 of those persons with a negative adjective, but I would only describe one of those 5 as being an extremist.

I think someone on the left could create a similar list and I'd be curious to see who folks on the right see as extremist.
    Shapiro and Jones are just role playing. Neither of them believe as much as 10% of what comes out of their mouths. I don't know enough about any of the others to comment, but I'm reflexively cynical of anyone who seemingly makes a living by stirring up trouble. These guys are basically the right wing equivalent of professional community organizers.

PS - You should have rolled with the idea of the AA thread being a troll thread.
    Go get him!

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    1. the pic wouldn't post... bad url. But always helpful to the discussion

2. you still haven't condemned them in any way. Would you like to now? And what happened to mocking me about comparing them to communists? Also - who in government is asking for slavery since you posted that pic first? (prediction, you won't answer any of these questions)

3. you post about a girl making a bad racist joke. I post about a group who physically assaults people, loots and destroys property, and shuts down speech they don't agree with...
    That's what I find the most disturbing. Kids these days get offended by speech that disagrees with their viewpoint and they call it hate speech. That's not how this works. I saw a video of a group protesting one of Ben Shapiro's events and the leader said the constitution is an irrelevant document when it was pointed out to him that it provides free speech to people. It's just very sad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-23-2018), Jaw (01-23-2018)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks labeling everyone with politically incorrect viewpoints that we disagree with as extremists is problematic? I mean, I think we should identify people as bad, irresponsible, disingenious, etc. but I personally really dislike the word extremist. This one size fits all thing... I'm just not a huge fan of.

Here's an honest question. Of the folks in the following list, who would you describe as extremist?

Jared Taylor
    Mike Cernovich
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Ben Shapiro
    Alex Jones

I would describe 3 out of 5 of those persons with a negative adjective, but I would only describe one of those 5 as being an extremist.

I think someone on the left could create a similar list and I'd be curious to see who folks on the right see as extremist.
    Interesting idea.

I see where you're coming from about the word "extremist," but there are some considerations which muddy the water a little bit (for me and the way I think about it, anyway).

There's a whole ecosystem of (mostly) online-media alt-lite/right types and libertarians whose entire stock-in-trade seems to be sanitized versions of genuine extremism. They carefully fig-leaf themselves by providing a bit of rhetorical distance from their grosser comrades, though without any real condemnation or teeth. They scream bloody murder when they're called X term of approbation (which seems to be part of the schtick) but they essentially survive symbiotically with their more extreme brethren. There's another subset of this group who uncritically offer a platform to people who do and say genuinely abhorrent ****, though they may not themselves. There's yet another subset who wraps it in a layer of supposed irony and trolly humor.

My inclination is to try to be careful with language--which can have the ancillary benefit of avoiding the pitfall of genuinely stultifying, ubiquitous, usually bad-faith "free speech" gripes that seem to accompany these folks everywhere. On the other hand, it seems pretty clear that some of the "not extremists" are clearly trying to mainstream extremist ideas--and are taking advantage of other people's basic sense of fairness and good faith in the process. I understand the case for just going ahead and labeling the fellow-travelers with the ideology they're transmitting. I think that's where one of the basic fault lines is.

Then there are people who, in my estimation, are purely hustling to make a buck. I'm not really sure how to categorize them, but I'm also not sure if it's any defense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Shapiro and Jones are just role playing. Neither of them believe as much as 10% of what comes out of their mouths. I don't know enough about any of the others to comment, but I'm reflexively cynical of anyone who seemingly makes a living by stirring up trouble. These guys are basically the right wing equivalent of professional community organizers.

PS - You should have rolled with the idea of the AA thread being a troll thread.
    lumping Shapiro in with Jones is kind of weird. Wait, are you trolling now? It was a troll thread, but I certainly wouldn't have posted it under normal circumstances. I don't think folks even noticed that I used Knucksie's first post in that thread for my reasoning. I've noticed he's still pretty mad.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    lumping Shapiro in with Jones is kind of weird. Wait, are you trolling now? It was a troll thread, but I certainly wouldn't have posted it under normal circumstances. I don't think folks even noticed that I used Knucksie's first post in that thread for my reasoning. I've noticed he's still pretty mad.
    I thought it was epic, but using "making Knucksie mad" as the barometer of success cheapens your accomplishment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Not saying Shapiro is as out there as Jones, just that I think both are phonies.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Jones deserves to be mocked for many things but much of what he says ends up being true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Jones deserves to be mocked for many things but much of what he says ends up being true.
    He's wrong about pretty much everything but he is right about lizard people, and that's what counts.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Not saying Shapiro is as out there as Jones, just that I think both are phonies.
    Shapiro seems to want to make a career out of being a provocateur-type but is maybe not 100% invested in being the irredeemably ****ty person that requires.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-23-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    He's wrong about pretty much everything but he is right about lizard people, and that's what counts.
    You say that but now we are starting to get messages about 'secret societies'. Hmm, I wonder what that could mean.

Shadow banning was something he was on early. I know the left would love to shut outlets like Drudge/Infowars down because real information's being released (with a whole bunch of absurd nonsense in infowars case).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

When they realized Trump won the election.......
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You say that but now we are starting to get messages about 'secret societies'. Hmm, I wonder what that could mean.

Shadow banning was something he was on early. I know the left would love to shut outlets like Drudge/Infowars down because real information's being released (with a whole bunch of absurd nonsense in infowars case).
    Yes, er, please do tell me what that means.

I know the left would love to shut outlets like Drudge/Infowars down

I wish I could get a shot of the elixir you're drinking.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-23-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yes, er, please do tell me what that means.

I know the left would love to shut outlets like Drudge/Infowars down

I wish I could get a shot of the elixir you're drinking.
    Stay strong Julio.You keep calling me a conspiracy guy. At some point you'll be right.

Hows that lack of bias angle on Muellers team?

Hows that heavy leverage on the dossier for the FISA warrants going?
    Natural Immunity Croc